PDA

View Full Version : South Texas Rankings (FINAL)

Bull Butter
11-12-2006, 10:44 PM
1. Port Isabel (8-2)
2. Rio Hondo (9-1)
3. Ingleside (9-1)
4. Orange Grove (9-1)
5. La Feria (7-2)
6. Sinton (4-6)
7. Zapata (6-4)
8. Raymondville (6-4)
9. Lyford (4-5)
10. Hidalgo (5-5)
11. West Oso (4-6)
12. Mathis (4-6)
13. Aransas Pass (3-7)
14. Falfurrias (3-7)
15. Progreso (2-8)
16. San Diego (0-10)

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
I sure hope Ingleside gets to play the two valley teams that are ranked above them.

Bull Butter
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Kind of hard to do that unless the UIL changes their playoff system in the next couple of weeks.

Ingleside- Div. 1
PI & RH- Div. 2

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Kind of hard to do that unless the UIL changes their playoff system in the next couple of weeks.

Ingleside- Div. 1
PI & RH- Div. 2 oh crap are they? well...there goes that idea. :doh:

Bull Butter
11-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Ingleside would get La Feria in the 2nd round, which got blown out by Rio Hondo this past Friday 47-14

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Ingleside would get La Feria in the 2nd round, which got blown out by Rio Hondo this past Friday 47-14 Rio Hondo and PI this year seem to be fairly legit this year coming out of the valley. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. From where I stand you just never can tell. Sometimes these 9-1 and so on teams from the valley ARE legit, i.e. Port Isabel in the past...other times, they come outa the valley 10-0 to get stomped in the first round. That being said, I have a feeling they PI and RH are both a little better than that this year.

Bull Butter
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
RH is a little better than last year.
PI is A LOT better than last year.

sotxrat
11-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I hope Orange Grove will get a chance at either of them.

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat
I hope Orange Grove will get a chance at either of them. me too...that will be a good gauge as to HOW good they are.

Bull Butter
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
OG and PI could meet in round 2

sotxrat
11-12-2006, 11:05 PM
time will tell but if would be very interesting

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Rio Hondo and PI this year seem to be fairly legit this year coming out of the valley. It'll be interesting to see how far they go. From where I stand you just never can tell. Sometimes these 9-1 and so on teams from the valley ARE legit, i.e. Port Isabel in the past...other times, they come outa the valley 10-0 to get stomped in the first round. That being said, I have a feeling they PI and RH are both a little better than that this year.
I think so, but you could realistically change out any of the top four. Ingleside, RH, OG (possibly the most underrated team in the state this side of Atlanta), and PI are pretty interchangeable.

We'll probably get to see how OG fares against a Valley team in the Area Round. If everything shakes out like it should (OG beats Yoakum, PI takes out Lyford), then OG and PI should meet up.

Another thing, look to see Ingleside improve by leaps and bounds during the playoffs. From the way it seems, they were playing better at the beginning of the season than they are now. Typically, Hesseltine-coached Ingleside squads get better the longer they play, but it seems like they've only recently got back to their early-season habits.

If they manage to make to the Quarterfinals, there's a good chance they meet up with an old nemesis. Former Aransas Pass HC Guy Grover is guiding the Bandera Bulldogs these days, one of the favorites on the other side of the bracket.

Bull Butter
11-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think so, but you could realistically change out any of the top four. Ingleside, RH, OG (possibly the most underrated team in the state this side of Atlanta), and PI are pretty interchangeable.

I would totally agree with you

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

We'll probably get to see how OG fares against a Valley team in the Area Round. If everything shakes out like it should (OG beats Yoakum, PI takes out Lyford), then OG and PI should meet up.

Another thing, look to see Ingleside improve by leaps and bounds during the playoffs. From the way it seems, they were playing better at the beginning of the season than they are now. Typically, Hesseltine-coached Ingleside squads get better the longer they play, but it seems like they've only recently got back to their early-season habits.

If they manage to make to the Quarterfinals, there's a good chance they meet up with an old nemesis. Former Aransas Pass HC Guy Grover is guiding the Bandera Bulldogs these days, one of the favorites on the other side of the bracket. on a side note to this.....I hear that Guy Grover's assistant is none other than ex-Mustangs coach Lamar Lewis!! :eek:

sotxrat
11-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Ingleside played Orange Grove in the 2nd district game and I was impressed with the pass blocking ability of Ingleside. They really do have a decent shot at making it to the semi game. They can really score.

IHStangFan
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Ingleside played Orange Grove in the 2nd district game and I was impressed with the pass blocking ability of Ingleside. They really do have a decent shot at making it to the semi game. They can really score. Who would you say knocks Ingleside out? I figure they can beat everyone up until they meet up w/ Bandera (more than likely). Then they may be tested. But lets worry about one game at a time first, we gotta get past Gonzales this coming week.

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
If all goes accordingly, I would expect Ingleside to be playing W-O in the semis. Bandera, will be your biggest test until then. But we all know anything can happen on any game night, so only time will tell us. I hope all goes well though for Ingleside.

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 02:21 PM
If all goes accordingly, I would expect Ingleside to be playing W-O in the semis. Bandera, will be your biggest test until then. But we all know anything can happen on any game night, so only time will tell us. I hope all goes well though for Ingleside. W-O?? WOS is in Div. II.

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
my mistake, i am working off of memory, left brackets at home. will post correction later, you are correct W-O is in div. 2

99IHSMustang
11-13-2006, 02:27 PM
IMO if Ingleside plays every playoff game as if it were there last one whether they win or lose, they should do pretty darn good. I don't think the Coaches will get ahead of themselves.

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
IMO if Ingleside plays every playoff game as if it were there last one whether they win or lose, they should do pretty darn good. I don't think the Coaches will get ahead of themselves. It isn't the coaches you need to worry about. ;) More the fans than anything else. Look what happened to us last year. :( I don't think that will happen to you guys, but ya never know.

Good Luck!!! :clap:

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 02:37 PM
One game at a time. What is the scoop on yoakum, anybody?

IHStangFan
11-13-2006, 03:34 PM
One game at a time. What is the scoop on yoakum, anybody? from what I can gather, they are average. Who has them this week? Orange Grove?

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 03:36 PM
yes, Orange Grove plays them in Rockport. Who did they beat in district play?

footballgal
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Ingleside played Orange Grove in the 2nd district game and I was impressed with the pass blocking ability of Ingleside. They really do have a decent shot at making it to the semi game. They can really score.

What was the score? yeah, I hear there are tough this year. Interesting to see the outcome of a possible PI vs OG match-up. In the past PI has beat them like two years in a row. PI still has a young team this year, I am not sure how far they can go this year. But next few years, Tarpons will make some real noise.

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Ingleside 35 Orange Grove 34

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Orange Grove has not had much success recently against PI in the playoffs but hopefully both teams will meet again in a couple of weeks. Maybe OG can do a little better this time.

IHStangFan
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Orange Grove is the real deal this year.

footballgal
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Orange Grove has not had much success recently against PI in the playoffs but hopefully both teams will meet again in a couple of weeks. Maybe OG can do a little better this time.

Originally posted by IHStangFan
Orange Grove is the real deal this year.

Wow, couldn't have gone closer than that 34-35!

That's what I hear, so should be a great game PI vs OG, if it happens. And hopfully the Tarpons come out with a W.

sotxrat, if that game is to happen, where do you suppose this game would be played at, being that the last few time the teams played it was in Alice? I am trying to make plans for the thanksgiving holiday and this would be factored in.

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I think it is PI's turn to choose a home neutral site and if this is correct it will be played somewhere near you guys. But I thought one game was in Kingsville. I will try and find out.

footballgal
11-13-2006, 09:04 PM
I think it is PI's turn to choose a home neutral site and if this is correct it will be played somewhere near you guys. But I thought one game was in Kingsville. I will try and find out.

That's what my hubby was telling me, that it could be our turn to pick. But I was like, it was a neutral site, maybe not, maybe we choose it there, and he was like, can't be it's real close to them. Anyhow, if it’s our turn, Coach Stumbaugh likes to play here in the valley, there are plenty places for them playing. Brownsville Stadium would be my best guess, with San Benito and Sharyland as other options. But if you could PLEASE find out, I would really appreciate it.

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
That's what my hubby was telling me, that it could be our turn to pick. But I was like, it was a neutral site, maybe not, maybe we choose it there, and he was like, can't be it's real close to them. Anyhow, if it’s our turn, Coach Stumbaugh likes to play here in the valley, there are plenty place for playing here. Brownsville Stadium would be my best guess, with San Benito and Sharyland as other options. But of you could PLEASE find out, I would really appreciate it.

Why don't you both win your first game. :p :p :p :p :D

footballgal
11-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why don't you both win your first game. :p :p :p :p :D

:D Of course, but I need to plan ahead for next week, either I go up to my sister's in Austin, or my parents in Cotulla or I invite them all to the valley. You see you always should have Plan A and Plan B.:)

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I finally made it home. To correct who I think you will face in the semi is the winner of Palestine and Bellville game. Sorry for the confusion.

sotxrat
11-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Easy............ Football gal wants to know the what if. I will find out but was unable today. I think we both know we have a game to play. And we both know that either both or one of our teams can be beat this week. She has plans to make and I understand that.