PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy quote on injury...

g$$
11-12-2006, 08:19 PM
McCoy said:

"I'm really disappointed I wasn't able to be in there helping my teammates, but I'm going to be fine," McCoy said. "We have a great staff of trainers and doctors, and I've already started working with them to get my injury taken care of. The off-week couldn't come at a better time. I'll do everything it takes to get back."

(Worry was cracked bone in neck, thus he did not return last night. Should, as of now, return for A&M game.)

BTW, Snead is catching lots of flak from Horn fans, but last time I checked he was not playing defense or special teams & giving up 45 points. Snead did look like a true freshman agreed, but he was thrust into a tough spot on the road against a team pulling out all the stops to win. K-State's freshman QB was impressive.

aggie09
11-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't think he should catch anything at all. The longhorn fans fail to realize that he did score 35 pts....you should not loose the game scoring 42 pts.

Cameron Crazy
11-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Give snead some time he will do fine!

sinton66
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't think Horns fans are hanging anything on Snead. He didn't give up two fumbles and let a punt get blocked.

g$$
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Bet you Jevan Snead transfers after the season (sits out transfer year, then has 3 more years of eligibility left to play). Kid was highly recruited & has skills once he develops & will be just fine in time. I would not blame him if he leaves & wants a fresh start elsewhere.

OU & others are options...

g$$
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't think Horns fans are hanging anything on Snead. He didn't give up two fumbles and let a punt get blocked.

Check hornfans.com or Orangebloods for proof. Say about 70-80% are blaming Snead unfairly IMO.

sahen
11-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Transfering in conference isnt much of an option...He loses a year of elgibility there even if he sits out a year...

sinton66
11-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I can see that he didn't manage to keep a few drives going with some poor throws, some were thrown too hard to hang onto, but this loss was definitely not his fault. If that's what they are saying, then they are dead wrong. (I suppose I should have said none that I know.)

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Transfering in conference isnt much of an option...He loses a year of elgibility there even if he sits out a year...

true...also Mack would have to agree to let him out of his scholarship.

g$$
11-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by sahen

Not sure of conference rule, but I do know in college football if you transfer D1-A to D1-A then you MUST sit out 1 year under NCAA transfer rules. If you get a full release, I think it is just the 1 year. Not sure about conference rule though. Basketball is the same too.

If you transfer down, you are eligible immediately if you are in good standing with the NCAA (unlike Bomar, etc...).

Baseball is different for some reason. If you get a full release from previous school, then you are eligible immediately at the next school (even in same division & conference). Eric French left Texas a few years ago & became A&M's closer the next year & made 1st Team All Big 12. Did NOT have to sit out the 1 year under baseball NCAA rules. Transfers happen all the time in college baseball.

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by aggie09
I don't think he should catch anything at all. The longhorn fans fail to realize that he did score 35 pts....you should not loose the game scoring 42 pts.
It was the other guys who turned the ball over. He had a QB rating of over 107, didn't have a single turnover, and led that frantic last-minute drive pretty well for an 18-year old. Jamaal Charles and Selvin Young were the ones who turned the ball over and gave K-State the short field. The secondary bit on three or four PA's/trick plays. The special teams wasn't exactly spectacular. The receivers dropped a few passes.

They just had too many mistakes. It's not Snead's fault. At all. It was obvious that UT was the better team, but when you make that many gaffes, it's tough to recover. Even when you're one of the best teams in the nation.

Key stat:
The Wildcats scored 45 points on 346 total yards. Says something big about field position.

Emerson1
11-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Check hornfans.com or Orangebloods for proof. Say about 70-80% are blaming Snead unfairly IMO.
I have yet to see anything on Orangebloods blaming Snead.

It's the base 4-3 Chizik continually runs when the other team has 2 rushing yards and 300 passing yards.

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I have yet to see anything on Orangebloods blaming Snead.

It's the base 4-3 Chizik continually runs when the other team has 2 rushing yards and 300 passing yards.
Isn't a 4-3 designed to counter passing offenses more than rushing offenses? Call me crazy, but I always thought it helped create more pressure on the passer. It also allows for smaller, more agile LB's in coverage. Isn't that why the 4-3 became so popular for NFL teams in the pass-happy 80's?

The 3-4 typically uses bigger DE's (in the pros, they like them to be 290-plus) and LB's to help stuff a power attack. That's why they convert some college DE's to OLB's in a 3-4 system when they get to the pros. See DeMarcus Ware, David Pollack, etc. for linebackers... Richard Seymour (a DT in college), Shaun Ellis (285 lbs), Trevor Pryce (290 lbs), and Marquise Hill (300 lbs).

g$$
11-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Quite a few threads last night & less today after people calmed down somewhat. Now they have moved on to Chizik it seems. How about blaming special teams & the huge fumbles by Young & Charles too? Snead did ok IMO, & he was put in a tough spot.

Dealing with injuries & having quality depth are what separates the best teams. When you recruit like Texas, there are no excuses when a player goes down. Part of the game.

MarginalTalent
11-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Except for the hit on the goal line, McCoy hasn't been hit like Snead was all season. Where were the vaunted Longhorn linemen? Snead would just get the ball in his hands when a K-State helmet would hit him in the ribcage.

Old Tiger
11-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I think the actual injury was caused when #9 hit him

Snyder_TigerFan
11-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Except for the hit on the goal line, McCoy hasn't been hit like Snead was all season. Where were the vaunted Longhorn linemen? Snead would just get the ball in his hands when a K-State helmet would hit him in the ribcage.

I disagree. There have been many times this season when Colt stayed in there and took a hit and completed a pass. He got right back up each time, tough kid. It also seemed like whenever the pocket colapsed around Snead, he'd stay in there, whereas Colt seems to avoid the sack and get out of the pocket whenever that would happen.

tiger_94
11-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I think the actual injury was caused when #9 hit him
wow casey you should be a nurse when you grow up

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Look at the play

Diocletian
11-13-2006, 12:05 AM
i personaly think it was a combination of bad coaching and bad luck, no way should our secondary get toasted like that 4 times in a row........and having Colt go down was just bad luck, Snead was surprisingly off target I think he should have been a little bit more accurate but i saw 6 drops from his first 10 passes that no way should be his fault....

1. he has a better arm than Colt
2. he was a higher pick recruited
3. he is a pocket passer
4. his first passes have been mostly dropped
5. he's from Texas which garentee's he's SOLID

j_dog
11-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Bet you Jevan Snead transfers after the season (sits out transfer year, then has 3 more years of eligibility left to play). Kid was highly recruited & has skills once he develops & will be just fine in time. I would not blame him if he leaves & wants a fresh start elsewhere.

good idea! Sam Houston is always looking for a few good QB's. Oops, we already got Oklahoma's! ;)

Stownhorse
11-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
i personaly think it was a combination of bad coaching and bad luck, no way should our secondary get toasted like that 4 times in a row........and having Colt go down was just bad luck, Snead was surprisingly off target I think he should have been a little bit more accurate but i saw 6 drops from his first 10 passes that no way should be his fault....

3. he is a pocket passer

WEll 1. he doesnt have a better arm than Colt or he would be holding down that starting position 2. Colt came from a frikin 2a school I would hope he was a higher recruit than Colt(like it matters) 3. And Colt isnt a pocket passer? Im pretty sure he is. 4. woud those dropped passes have won the game? no, you said it yourself that the secondary got "toasted" 5. well 5 I can agree on lol

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Jevan has a stronger arm than Colt but not the accuracy.

tiger_94
11-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Colt is a leader of the team. The starting qb, a guy on the heisman list is out for atleast the game it effects more than just the offense. No he does not play deffense or have anything to do with them.. but it changes attitudes and the confidence of the whole team not just the offense.

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 12:24 AM
tiger_94 is talking about the morale of the team and he speaks the truth.

tiger_94
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
tiger_94 is talking about the morale of the team and he speaks the truth.
yeah.. and thats more important than anything else, especially in a game like last nights

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
:mad: :(

JR2004
11-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Not sure of conference rule, but I do know in college football if you transfer D1-A to D1-A then you MUST sit out 1 year under NCAA transfer rules. If you get a full release, I think it is just the 1 year.

Ryan Nunez transferred to UT from Colorado a few years back and Snead would go through the same thing he went through if he transferred in conference. Snead would lose a year of eligibility and has to sit for two years I believe before he can play again if it's a Big XII school. I could be wrong on that, but that's how I remember it happening for Nunez.

awizzy
11-13-2006, 12:52 AM
no1 can say anything about snead he lead the horns offence to score 35 points that should be enough

Phil C
11-13-2006, 08:46 AM
It is time for UT and the fans to move on. There is enough blame to go around for the KS game but it is over. We need to beat A&M and get to the Big 12 Conference game. It is too bad the Aggies couldn't hold on to beat Nebraska. I would have loved to have seen a rematch with KS in the Big 12 Conference Game. But first the A&M game. Go Horns!

cdlvj
11-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

3. he is a pocket passer

IMHO, that has got to be the dumbest call of all time. The QB sneak on the play that Colt got hurt.

g$$
11-13-2006, 03:51 PM
If Henry Melton had developed as the short yardage back, this would not be an issue. Melton is now playing mostly defense for a reason though (& not playing much there either).

But West TX said he would start ANYWHERE else!! Right on buddy. Keep thinking that as your QB has a pinched nerve & got prankled on the goal line.

Texas needs a thumper, as Charles & Young are scat backs who fumble too much anyway. Waller's Johnson may be that guy next year.

g$$
11-13-2006, 03:53 PM
BTW, the excuses by Horn fans are growing old. What about the depth of the vaunted recruiting classes?

A&M was missing 3 defensive starters Saturday & I am NOT making excuses (Red Bryant, Jason Jack, & Misi Tupe did not dress). Part of the game. Find a way to win as the really good teams do.

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
BTW, the excuses by Horn fans are growing old. What about the depth of the vaunted recruiting classes?

A&M was missing 3 defensive starters Saturday & I am NOT making excuses (Red Bryant, Jason Jack, & Misi Tupe did not dress). Part of the game. Find a way to win as the really good teams do. Yall just blame the coach:rolleyes:

g$$
11-13-2006, 03:58 PM
When you are 0-9 vs. OU, Texas, & Nebraska (& 1-12 if you include Tech), then you get what you deserve.

Factor in some questionable coaching decisions, & his overall 24-22 record, then Aggies have every right to scream when you have the $$ & resources that A&M has. CLOSE is NOT good enough at that level.

Quit making excuses!

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Yall just blame the coach:rolleyes: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :D

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Quit making excuses! Maybe I've just missed them, but I haven't seen any excuses on here other than we just didn't get the job done. You're the one coming on here and quoting from other sites.

g$$
11-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Stating facts is not making excuses. Have you ever heard me do that? Ever?

You know that answer...

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Stating facts is not making excuses. Have you ever heard me do that? Ever?

You know that answer... Did I say you did?

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh yea questionable calls aren't facts they are opinions. They were good no calls for Nebraska fan's and bad for Aggy fan's.

g$$
11-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Indirectly (coach reference). You either win or you lose. No excuses. Colt getting hurt was a tough break, but Texas should still win that game. Defensive secondary problems raised its ugly head again.

At some point you had to know this would cost you a game.

It did too...

JasperDog94
11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Indirectly (coach reference). You either win or you lose. No excuses. Colt getting hurt was a tough break, but Texas should still win that game. Defensive secondary problems raised its ugly head again.

At some point you had to know this would cost you a game.

It did too... A lot of people I talk to weren't surprised. Our defense has gotten worse as the year as gone on. We only gave up 24 to Ohio state and then we give up 45 to Kansas State? That makes no sense.:crazy1:

g$$
11-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh yea questionable calls aren't facts they are opinions. They were good no calls for Nebraska fan's and bad for Aggy fan's.

What are you talking about? I was referring to coaching decisions, not game calls by officials.

Time mgmt., not running Lane, kicking FGs repeatedly, Clemson game last year, going for 2 or not, etc. That is not me talking, that is fact. Fran deserves to be questioned on those decisions.

I do NOT make excuses. Play the game.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
What are you talking about? I was referring to coaching decisions, not game calls by officials.

I thought it was hilarious. I went to the midnight yell with my friends who go to A&M and one of the yell leaders made this big speech about how aggies dont boo....they hiss...which...is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of. But none the less....everyone cheered when he was all "lets not boo again....remember the tradition."

And as soon as fran sent out the field goal unit when it was 4th and like 3 in the red zone. The entire stadium booed.....inluding the student section. lol.

mrescape43
11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
A lot of people I talk to weren't surprised. Our defense has gotten worse as the year as gone on. We only gave up 24 to Ohio state and then we give up 45 to Kansas State? That makes no sense.:crazy1:

Don't forget that Texas Tech passed for a season high 519 yds against this highly recruited secondary.

Emerson1
11-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I was not surprised at all when Tech passed all over Texas. When you play Texas Tech, you do NOT run 4-3. 2 linebackers and a defensive linemen should be able to shut down their runningbacks.

coach
11-13-2006, 09:31 PM
not trying to start controversy but does anybody think that greg davis is an idiot? my dad and uncle cant stand him......is he truly a dumb g$$ i ment a$$ (lol) or is he underrated?

mrescape43
11-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by coach
not trying to start controversy but does anybody think that greg davis is an idiot? my dad and uncle cant stand him......is he truly a dumb g$$ i ment a$$ (lol) or is he underrated?

I think Davis and Setencich from Tech should both be fired and have to live out the rest of their lives fishing on some remote island.

Emerson1
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
They need to start running more stuff from under center. You can't break long runs when you are running sideline to sideline every play.

g$$
11-14-2006, 02:33 AM

What is your deal with me? Does the truth bother you Coach?

What have I said to deserve that crap? 2 can play that game buddy, let me know.

Greg Davis is a good coach who has done a great job developing QBs at Texas. He is NOT coaching the secondary that gets torched regularly, fella. Do your homework or come with something knowledgeable please.

coach
11-14-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
What is your deal with me? Does the truth bother you Coach?

What have I said to deserve that crap? 2 can play that game buddy, let me know.

Greg Davis is a good coach who has done a great job developing QBs at Texas. He is NOT coaching the secondary that gets torched regularly, fella. Do your homework or come with something knowledgeable please.

lol no man i was only playin i saw the opportunity when i went to "censor" the word so then i did i was only doing it fo a laugh....if pissed you off sorry i wasnt tryin..but i was serious about greg davis alot of the longhorn fans hate him and i wasking everyone if he was that bad or is he underrated didnt mean to make u ticked off lol

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:05 AM
No big deal, but unwarranted. Yes, Davis catches a lot of heat from Texas fans for his play-calling. Some of it may be deserved. But he has done a fine job developing qbs at Texas (Applewhite, Simms, VY, McCoy). That cannot be denied.

If I was a Horn fan, I would want more power running at times. Seems like they have almost gone base zone read attack exclusively. Lots of horizontal running & not much down the field, bloody your nose b/t the tackles attack. And Melton has flopped so the goal line has been an issue. That is just my take on it. Davis & Mack are tight so he is not going anywhere.

Mack says they don't have a true FB on campus, so that is why they hardly ever get in the I formation. Waller's Johnson may be their thumper next year.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:05 AM
I don't care who ya are and it dang sure doesn't help. If you lose a Hesiman candidate at QB and a leader of the team it will hurt the teams morale. Where would Ohio State be without Troy Smith at QB? :thinking: It makes you ponder :confused:. I guess the Aggy wouldn't know about having a hesiman candidate at QB more less any position :p <-JOKE

coach
11-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No big deal, but unwarranted. Yes, Davis catches a lot of heat from Texas fans for his play-calling. Some of it may be deserved. But he has done a fine job developing qbs at Texas (Applewhite, Simms, VY, McCoy). That cannot be denied.

If I was a Horn fan, I would want more power running at times. Seems like they have almost gone base zone read attack exclusively. Lots of horizontal running & not much down the field, bloody your nose b/t the tackles attack. And Melton has flopped so the goal line has been an issue. That is just my take on it. Davis & Mack are tight so he is not going anywhere.

Mack says they don't have a true FB on campus, so that is why they hardly ever get in the I formation. Waller's Johnson may be their thumper next year.

well if you were greg davis would want to run the football as many timess as selvin and jamal fumbels? plus with mccoy playin like he usually does.......i jus dont see y ppl thinks hes that bad maybe im missin somethin

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:09 AM
Excuses are like .... & they all stink. Really good teams find a way to get it done regardless of the circumstances. Was Colt playing defensive back too? I must have missed that one!

Where's the depth? Coaching? Dealing w/ adversity? Is Texas now a 1 man team? Colt is having a great year, but hold off please on his induction into the College Football HOF.

No excuses!

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:11 AM
I didn't use it as an excuse. I said it doesn't help. That is not an excuse. Read the damn reply carefully before you go on your rant. Oh yea I didn't blame coaching ;) Depth is thin in the secondary. There should be more depth there next year with incoming guys. Hell Brown/Ross shared PT at corner last year.

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:14 AM
I don't care who ya are and it dang sure doesn't help. If you lose a Hesiman candidate at QB and a leader of the team it will hurt the teams morale. Where would Ohio State be without Troy Smith at QB? :thinking: It makes you ponder :confused:. I guess the Aggy wouldn't know about having a hesiman candidate at QB more less any position :p <-JOKE

Bad joke too.

Heisman Winners:
Texas = Ricky Williams & Earl Campbell
Texas A&M = John David Crow

Not much difference, thanks. Neither team can brag too much in this area.

coach
11-14-2006, 03:14 AM
come on now guys this is just a friendly thread and o yeah the last 2 or 3 years it has been a one man team

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Bad joke too.

Heisman Winners:
Texas = Ricky Williams & Earl Campbell
Texas A&M = John David Crow

Not much difference, thanks. Neither team can brag too much in this area. Once again...I did not say winner's I said candidate ;)

PS. This is fun :):clap:

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:17 AM
I didn't use it as an excuse. I said it doesn't help. That is not an excuse. Read the damn reply carefully before you go on your rant. Oh yea I didn't blame coaching ;) Depth is thin in the secondary. There should be more depth there next year with incoming guys. Hell Brown/Ross shared PT at corner last year.

Why aren't the true freshman ready to play by now? Beasley, C. Brown, sophs Palmer & Foster, etc. When you recruit like Texas there are no excuses for depth in late November.

No rant, just facts Tiger WR. Secondary got torched...again.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:19 AM
It's hard throwing a true freshmen out on the island. It's similar to a rookie in the NFL. Will make a few plays but then again get burned deep and get confused. Are you expecting them Deion Sanders great as a freshmen? You're a fun guy to get your blood pumping and a good sport about it too :) kudos to you g$$

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:21 AM
come on now guys this is just a friendly thread and o yeah the last 2 or 3 years it has been a one man team

Come on, as great as VY was he was still not a 1 man team. He often was the difference granted, but he had lots of help too.

Look at how many NFL guys recently Texas has produced for proof. Just not accurate buddy.

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:25 AM
It's hard throwing a true freshmen out on the island. It's similar to a rookie in the NFL. Will make a few plays but then again get burned deep and get confused. Are you expecting them Deion Sanders great as a freshmen? You're a fun guy to get your blood pumping and a good sport about it too :) kudos to you g$$

You mean like the TRUE freshman (Freeman) who beat you Saturday night? Yes, I expect more out of contributors by November. Whose fault is it if they are not ready to play? Coaching? Truly gifted skill guys can play as true freshmen, much harder for linemen on both sides of the ball due to size & strength differences in D1 football.

You are not making any points as to why Texas is so thin after all the great classes. Go read hornfans to get some more info. OK?

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:28 AM
The island is different maan have you ever played football much less cornerback? It's a whole other game out there. Corner is the second most important mental position out there. I also never said they have depth, you put words into my mouth. You're a silly old man :p

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Yes, I played receiver & defensive back. What island? Texas was playing 2 deep all night. Have you played?

I did not realize Brown & Ross were freshmen now either. Last time I checked they were a junior & senior.

Quit making excuses - you look stupid. Texas lost, game over.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes, I played receiver & defensive back. What island? Texas was playing 2 deep all night. Have you played?

I did not realize Brown & Ross were freshmen now either. Last time I checked they were a junior & senior.

Quit making excuses - you look stupid. Texas lost, game over. I was replying to the fact that you mentioned Beasley. I know they lost but you keep going after it.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:33 AM
You're the only person I know who gets so riled up over my post :p It's fun though I like debating even if you just repeat yourself like an old broken record

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:33 AM
The island is different maan have you ever played football much less cornerback? It's a whole other game out there. Corner is the second most important mental position out there. I also never said they have depth, you put words into my mouth. You're a silly old man :p

I am in my 30s - old?? Answer the question genius: why does Texas in your mind lack depth after all the great classes? Why are they not ready to play?

****EXCUSE ALERT******

Others have played the game too buddy...

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:38 AM
Stick to nursing studies "silly kid"!

The excuses still stink too...

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:41 AM
What younger kid was beaten in that game? I remember Ross, Brown, & the Griffins getting beat multiple times.

All upperclassmen too. Still no excuse as to why the younger kids are not ready to play by now since Texas is so "thin" in your words. Did all the young recruits die or something? Maybe I missed that too.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 03:50 AM
I don't think I ever said they lacked depth but okay.

Safety
Michael Griffin*
Marcus Griffin*
Robert Joseph**
Matt Melton
Erick Jackson
Ishie Oduegwu**

Cornerback
Aaron Ross*
Tarell Brown*
Brandon Foster
Deon Beasley**

Foster is listed as a backup for both corners. Matt Melton and Erik Jackson are both unknown people for the most part.

Taken From Depth Chart for Kansas State game

Freshmen
Chykie Brown***
James Henry***

*Denotes Starter
**Denotes Freshmen
***Denotes Scholarship Freshmen who have not seen action

g$$
11-14-2006, 03:58 AM
You made my point for me again. Texas is not terribly young & that is great depth. All of those kids were big recruits. Jackson & Melton have been around as well.

Basically, Beasley & Ishie are the only 2 true freshmen seeing time in the secondary (+ Joseph at safety some).

The starters are all upperclassmen (T. Brown, Ross, both Griffins). What freshmen got burned in that game? I do not remember any so correct me if I am wrong.

Point is this: Texas has depth & the young kids were not to blame anyway.

NO excuses! Texas just got beat, period.

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:00 AM
I didn't use it as an excuse. I said it doesn't help. That is not an excuse. Read the damn reply carefully before you go on your rant. Oh yea I didn't blame coaching ;) Depth is THIN in the secondary. There should be more depth there next year with incoming guys. Hell Brown/Ross shared PT at corner last year.

Here's your post. Proof?

Who's old & senile? Just kidding with you.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Are you flippin dumb? I have never made an excuse for the game. I just said that losing a heisman candidate quarterback and leader of the team doesn't help the morale of the team. You sit there and put words into my mouth just so you can sit there at your computer and get off to arguing. I never said anything about the secondary being young. I said it's tough for a freshman corner on the island. I never said anything about a freshman being burned or upper classmen being burned. You sit there and continue to put words into my mouth. You should get some other addiction like internet porn, online gambling, or yahoo pool and quit putting words into peoples mouths and getting off to it.

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:09 AM
Read your post above where you said Texas was "thin" in the secondary. Are you denying it now?

What Texas freshman corner was on an island Saturday night? Answer that please. BTW, it is Novemeber not August too.

I am not trying to argue, but it would be nice if you would be honest & quit making stuff up. You are in full spin control mode.

Can you just say Texas got beat, no excuses, & the freshmen were not to blame?

I just hate excuses. Evidently you like them to help your psyche & to get over a loss to a 6-4 team under a 1st year head coach w/ a true freshman QB.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:10 AM
Texas 'Depth' Chart (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=34&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=18&change_well_id=2)

Also Ma. Griffin, Tarell Brown, and Aaron Ross are first year starers for the most part. They split time last year.

District303aPastPlayer
11-14-2006, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Read your post above where you said Texas was "thin" in the secondary. Are you denying it now?

What Texas freshman corner was on an island Saturday night? Answer that please. BTW, it is Novemeber not August too.

I am not trying to argue, but it would be nice if you would be honest & quit making stuff up. You are in full spin control mode.

I just hate excuses. Evidently you like them to help your psyche & to get over a loss.

seriously... dont lose sleep over a message board...

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by g$$

I just hate excuses. Evidently you like them to help your psyche & to get over a loss. :doh::doh::doh::doh: There ya go only picking certain things and not reading entirely

I have never made an excuse for the game. I just said that losing a heisman candidate quarterback and leader of the team doesn't help the morale of the team. You sit there and put words into my mouth just so you can sit there at your computer and get off to arguing. I never said anything about the secondary being young. I said it's tough for a freshman corner on the island. I never said anything about a freshman being burned or upper classmen being burned. You sit there and continue to put words into my mouth. You should get some other addiction like internet porn, online gambling, or yahoo pool and quit putting words into peoples mouths and getting off to it.

Below are quotes from the post I posted previously that you did not get the point from

I have never made an excuse for the game. I just said that losing a heisman candidate quarterback and leader of the team doesn't help the morale of the team

I said it's tough for a freshman corner on the island. I never said anything about a freshman being burned

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:18 AM
Are you flippin dumb? I have never made an excuse for the game. I just said that losing a heisman candidate quarterback and leader of the team doesn't help the morale of the team. You sit there and put words into my mouth just so you can sit there at your computer and get off to arguing. I never said anything about the secondary being young. I said it's tough for a freshman corner on the island. I never said anything about a freshman being burned or upper classmen being burned. You sit there and continue to put words into my mouth. You should get some other addiction like internet porn, online gambling, or yahoo pool and quit putting words into peoples mouths and getting off to it.

What island & what freshman? You are not making sense. You are talking in circles man.

An island is man-to-man with no help over the top too. Texas played almost exclusively 2 deep all night.

I don't need addictions like that anyway. You are an easy target though! Spin City went off the air years ago. Keep spinning this one & it comes up a loss EVERY time too.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:19 AM
:) May peace be with you off to bed I go

Hope ya sleep well and your blood pressure goes down. You think you make me angry but ya don't. I'm cool as a piece of ice chillin in the freezer :) Little do you ya know I am not the one who is targeted but the targeted was you.

http://arbyte.us/blog_archive/2005/11/drevil_million_dollars.jpg Muahahhahaha :D

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:21 AM
Texas 'Depth' Chart (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=34&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=18&change_well_id=2)

Also Ma. Griffin, Tarell Brown, and Aaron Ross are first year starers for the most part. They split time last year.

SO WHAT! They all have played & played a lot too, including in a NC game. Texas lost Huff & Cedric Griifin as starters in the secondary. All those listed played last year in big games.

If that is not an excuse, then I have never heard one.

What is next? Mack had a migraine too?

District303aPastPlayer
11-14-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by g$$
What island & what freshman? You are not making sense. You are talking in circles man.

An island is man-to-man with no help over the top too. Texas played almost exclusively 2 deep all night.

I don't need addictions like that anyway. You are an easy target though! Spin City went off the air years ago.

you are still talking? geez dude...

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by g$$
SO WHAT! They all have played & played a lot too, including in a NC game. Texas lost Huff & Cedric Griifin as starters in the secondary. All those listed played last year in big games.

If that is not an excuse, then I have never heard one.

What is next? Mack had a migraine too? It's not an excuse but it's a thing called a 'fact'

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:26 AM
K State 45
Texas 42

There's your fact kid! And no freshman got beat, just upperclassmen anyway. All of whom had lots of PT in the past too.

NO EXCUSES!

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Since we're stating facts...

Tech 31
Aggy 27

Okie 17
Aggy 16

Nebraska 28
Aggy 27

NO EXCUSES!:nerd:

Also;

Originally posted by g$$
And no freshman got beat, just upperclassmen anyway.

I said this in an earlier post

I never said anything about a freshman being burned

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:35 AM
I don't make excuses. A&M is a mediocre football team & I have said that all along. 8-3 could easily be 6-5 or even 5-6.

Typical response though from you since you got "owned" in your words.

Your posts went in circles blaming everybody except poor Colt's girlfriend in Lubbock. Go to bed & dream about what ifs & heart murmurs please!

BTW, no island for the fish & all experienced upperclassmen got beat anyway. Now you are done. Good night.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I don't make excuses. A&M is a mediocre football team & I have said that all along. 8-3 could easily be 6-5 or even 5-6.

Typical response though from you since you got "owned" in your words.

Your posts went in circles blaming everybody except poor Colt's girlfriend in Lubbock. Go to bed & dream about what ifs & heart murmurs please!

BTW, no island for the fish & all experienced upperclassmen got beat anyway. Now you are done. Good night. http://arbyte.us/blog_archive/2005/11/drevil_million_dollars.jpg Muahahhahaha :D

How did I get owned? I never said a freshmen was beat. I never said what if. I never blamed anyone.

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you are still talking? geez dude...

Takes 2 to argue buddy! Leave it alone.

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:43 AM
And you did not say Texas was "thin" in the secondary either!

Right - might want to re-read your posts, like the one I quoted above. Thought you left?

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:46 AM
This years secondary is 'thin' compared to last years. Just look at the people in last years compared to this years.

Show me where I said a freshmen got burned.
Show me where I blamed someone.
Show me where I said what if.

g$$
11-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Excuses:

-thin secondary (refuted)
-freshmen being on an island (refuted)
-freshmen playing a lot in the secondary (refuted, maybe 2 on year & not much PT Saturday)
-team morale hurt when a redshirt freshman gets hurt (no senior leaders like Robison, Ross, Studdard, etc. ??)
-Heisman Candidate goes down (Mack says freshmen should not even be eligible, which I disagree with him about since not lifetime achievement award anyway)
-what about great classes & coaching them up? Whose fault never answered by you?

My point was you went on & on about the young secondary when in truth they were not to blame (all upperclassmen got burned in game). So what was your point? Why say those things if NOW you are taking them back?

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 04:56 AM
So are you going to show me these;

Show me where I said freshmen got PT

Oh yea sorry I don't blame coaches if Texas loses unlike certain fans I know:rolleyes: Look at the text of which I said it. I didn't say Texas lost because of Colt getting hurt. I said it doesn't helpt them which is not an excuse.

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:06 AM
So are you going to show me these;

Show me where I said freshmen got PT

Oh yea sorry I don't blame coaches if Texas loses unlike certain fans I know:rolleyes:

1. Why mention freshmen & being on an island if they barely played?

2. Blamed "thin" secondary in your words (later proved wrong). Recruiting classes?

3. Talked in circles around it, not exact words on what ifs.

4. Again, why mention youth & thin secondary if they did not even play much? Juniors & seniors got beat anyway.

5. I will blame Fran anytime I wish, just look at his record. I do not make excuses for individual games though. Body of work says it all.

24-22 overall / 0-9 vs. Texas, OU, & Nebraska / 1-12 if you include Tech & makes over $2 million per year. Thanks for asking.

Texas & every other team in the country replaces key players every year. Ohio State replaced almost their entire defense this year. You just make excuses.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by g$$
2. Blamed "thin" secondary in your words (later proved wrong). Recruiting classes?
That's why I was talking about freshman because you are talking about their recruiting classes and I gave my opinion on true freshmen playing. Speaking of recruiting...

2007 DB/ATH Committments
Curtis Brown DB ***** 6-0 174 4.4 Gilmer, TX
Ben Wells DB **** 6-0 174 4.45 Beaumont, TX
Earl Thomas ATH **** 5-10 174 4.4 Orange, TX
Brandon Collins ATH **** 6-0 167 4.4 Brenham, TX

Thomas/Collin's will likely play defense

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:14 AM
So you agree Texas is not thin in the secondary & upperclassmen got beat anyway? Doesn't every team in the country replace players each year too? EX. #1 Ohio State's defense (all but 2 starters I believe had to be replaced)

Texas has had great classes & you brought that up anyway concerning "lack of depth" in your words. That makes no sense. Great classes should mean depth right?

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Let's live in the moment not next year please. This year's team...

Old Tiger
Their great classes were because of O/D lineman, runningbacks, and quarterbacks.

Old Tiger
You were talking about recruiting so i just gave you some info on the next years class and how they are going to add depth

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Their great classes were because of O/D lineman, runningbacks, and quarterbacks.

Texas has signed quality DBs too. You listed a bunch earlier like Beasley, Chykie Brown, Ishie, Joseph, etc. What is your point?

Did the Texas coaches neglect the secondary in your opinon? I see talent at all positions. Texas is not thin in the secondary at all. Were they deeper last year? Yes, but so what. That does not make them "thin" now.

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So you agree Texas is not thin in the secondary & upperclassmen got beat anyway? Doesn't every team in the country replace players each year too? EX. #1 Ohio State's defense (all but 2 starters I believe had to be replaced)

Texas has had great classes & you brought that up anyway concerning "lack of depth" in your words. That makes no sense. Great classes should mean depth right?

Answer?

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas has signed quality DBs too. You listed a bunch earlier like Beasley, Chykie Brown, Ishie, Joseph, etc. What is your point?

Did the Texas coaches neglect the secondary in your opinon? I see talent at all positions. Texas is not thin in the secondary at all. Were they deeper last year? Yes, but so what. That does not make them "thin" now. Chykie wanted to be redshirted. Joseph did well when he was in but he is a freshmen and did make mistakes. Ishie I don't hear much of except he is a gunner on kickoffs. Beasley is young and will develop. You don't develop skills in practice. Practice and games are two different things.

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:23 AM
Depth means freshmen thru seniors. You are singling out one class unfairly. Texas has talent on campus at all positions. Go back to the classes from 2002-2005 & look at the kids signed.

BTW, I know the difference b/t practices & games. You prove yourself in practices & show the world in games. At some point you have to play the kids & let them learn.

That is what I mean by excuses. You're doing it again.

Rivals.com National Recruiting Class Avgs. 2002-2005
OU = 5.5
Texas = 11.5
A&M = 13.5
Tech = 40.5

& for fun
Ohio St. = 16.75

...seems to me lots of talent is on campus Tiger WR.

g$$
11-14-2006, 05:35 AM
That's why I was talking about freshman because you are talking about their recruiting classes and I gave my opinion on true freshmen playing. Speaking of recruiting...

2007 DB/ATH Committments
Curtis Brown DB ***** 6-0 174 4.4 Gilmer, TX
Ben Wells DB **** 6-0 174 4.45 Beaumont, TX
Earl Thomas ATH **** 5-10 174 4.4 Orange, TX
Brandon Collins ATH **** 6-0 167 4.4 Brenham, TX

Thomas/Collin's will likely play defense

So next year's group will be true freshmen too. Will they be more ready to play than this year's group? They are still freshmen any way you slice it right?

Each year teams face the same thing: replacing players. Welcome to college football. You must plan accordingly or you will get exposed. I still say Texas has plenty of secondary depth. They start all juniors & seniors back there anyway. Then Palmer, Foster, & on down. Most teams in the country would take those guys right now. Maybe golden boys Chizik & Akina need to share the blame for problems all year. USC torched them last year in the NC game too. Texas had 1 stop the entire 2nd half on 4th & short, then drove to win the game.