PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Dominates LCM

Old Cardinal
08-30-2002, 11:05 PM
On the first play of both the second and third possession Matt Peebles broke for 45 yards and 65 yards, TD's. They won 27-7--- scoreing in every quarter. What was interesting is that BC played 26 different players throughtout the game. Looks as if they are attempting to DEVELOP more depth. What was interesting was a matchup between BC second team and LCM 1st team. LCM's Josh Chargois, who is suspossed to be the fastest back in Orange County caught a flat pass and then was CAUGHT FROM BEHIND by Jon Landry a Sophmore defensive back from BC. Of course the long run set up a near end of the last Quarter score for LCM. At the ending of the game BC downed the knee to keep from scoring again. Jamie "Houdini" Knight, QB scored on a spectacular run with 8 different LCM players getting a hand on him; but he scrambled free from all of them. He scrambles like a young Fran Tarkington.

eye of the tiger
08-30-2002, 11:14 PM
Looking good Old Card. A good win and some valuble experience gained by many. By being able to play a lot of players it will hold down injuries and add depth. This will come in handy come play off time. Congratulations to the Cardinals.

BigRed01
09-01-2002, 05:49 AM
I was told Matt Peebles had over 100 yards rushing before half time. I think we had 3 things go right in this game. Our running game is still as good as anyone's in the state. We actually passed the ball, and the rotation of players to gain depth is going to pay big dividends later on in the year. I was a little concerned about our pass defense coming out of this one. However, we should be continuely refining to get through Liberty and then the 3A elite-Newton. Hopefully we will be firing on all 8 for that one.(and maybe an extra engine stored in the garage for back up wouldn't hurt either!) However a solid win for the Cardinals.

3ABirdMan
09-02-2002, 01:03 AM
I saw the Silsbee scrimmage (and maybe you did, too), and was pleased the pass defense looked MUCH better Friday vs LCM. We had guys reacting to the ball much earlier, and maybe not early enough, but alot better than the Silsbee scrimmage. I was also pleased the O and D lines looked better. LCM had BIG guys, but we performed well against them. I think they will be the measure of our success this season.

sinton66
09-02-2002, 11:49 AM
The Cardinals are going to be very salty this year, and when that new offense gets clicking, they will do some serious schedule wrecking!

j_dog
09-02-2002, 09:48 PM
OC, I am glad you guys are looking good. Hope Jasper gets to meet you some where along the way. Should be a great game.