PDA

View Full Version : Div. I vs. Div. II

gold_33
11-12-2006, 05:25 PM
By looking at the playoff brackets it seems the meat is mostly in DII this year. It seems that many of the teams Wimberley played last year in DI are in DII this year. Besides Gilmer and 1 or 2 other teams, DI just doesnt look nearly as difficult with not many powerhouse teams in it. Teams in region IV really lucked out with Hondo, Cuero and Wimberley all going DII, so its really anyones ball game in DI region IV. Thats just the way I see it and im curious if anyone else see's it the same way.

Aesculus gilmus
11-12-2006, 05:58 PM
I expect the finalist in the III-IV bracket to come out of Region III.

Either Palestine, Hutto or maybe Diboll (my sentimental pick because I feel Gilbert Moye got the shaft as to how the UIL treated him as compared with this year's celebrated case) are headed for the title game out of that bracket.

44INAROW
11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
By looking at the playoff brackets it seems the meat is mostly in DII this year. It seems that many of the teams Wimberley played last year in DI are in DII this year. Besides Gilmer and 1 or 2 other teams, DI just doesnt look nearly as difficult with not many powerhouse teams in it. Teams in region IV really lucked out with Hondo, Cuero and Wimberley all going DII, so its really anyones ball game in DI region IV. Thats just the way I see it and im curious if anyone else see's it the same way.

I agree Gold33 - I keep trying to type what I want to say about the two divisions, but it doesn't sound right,, I'm working on it :D

bandera7
11-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Whoever wins Bandera-LaVernia game will win Region 4, and I can see either team taking all of the region 3 teams.

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 09:52 PM
haha I dunno about that

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Whoever wins Bandera-LaVernia game will win Region 4, and I can see either team taking all of the region 3 teams.

Luling beat both these teams and is in R4 DII. BTW La Grange beat Luling 20-0. The Leps lost to Bellville who is R3 DI. So how do you figure either Bandara or La Vernia beating the winner of R3 DI? First they will need to make it through R4 then R3 is another matter.:confused:

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 10:05 PM
that Luling game was the biggest fluke I have ever seen. seriously. thats the only game Ive been home to see.

bandera7
11-12-2006, 10:07 PM
and since when do common opponents matter THAT much? I mean, yeah, they can give you general idea, but any given Friday (or saturday now) night, anything can happen...Luling beating us is evidence of that. And I have a feeling that Luling beating LaVernia is the same story.

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 10:10 PM
You don't keep up with your region much, do you?

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
and since when do common opponents matter THAT much? I mean, yeah, they can give you general idea, but any given Friday (or saturday now) night, anything can happen...Luling beating us is evidence of that. And I have a feeling that Luling beating LaVernia is the same story.

Well I suppose we could judge by which team has the coolest uniform or mascot. Nah, I think I'll look at who beat who and who played who...yeah that's the ticket!:D

Maybe Luling is a better team than Bandara or La Vernia or at least as good. Bellville is 4 tds over any of these three.

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 10:27 PM
ill bet on that

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Maybe Luling is a better team than Bandara or La Vernia or at least as good. Bellville is 4 tds over any of these three.

what do you want to bet that Bellville isnt 4 tds over Bandera or La Vernia? if they meet up?

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
what do you want to bet that Bellville isnt 4 tds over Bandera or La Vernia? if they meet up?
I have too many bets out right now, but Bellville's definitely 3 TDs better than any R4 team this side of Cuero and Wimberley. Right now, I'd say they're my fifth-best team in the state.

1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. Giddings
4. WO-S
5. Bellville

Those are your contenders right there.

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 10:43 PM
I never wager on sporting events with the exception of horse racing on rare occasions.
If you are so anxious to lose your money I'm sure if these two teams meet up (and I think that is unlikely as neither Bandara or La Vernia will make it out of regionals) then there should be many folks willing to take your money.:evilgrin: :D

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I never wager on sporting events with the exception of horse racing on rare occasions.
If you are so anxious to lose your money I'm sure if these two teams meet up (and I think that is unlikely as neither Bandara or La Vernia will make it out of regionals) then there should be many folks willing to take your money.:evilgrin: :D
I looked at the scores, box scores, and stats of every D1 team out there for the Pick 'em game, including these two. I think there's another team in their region that could take it to either of them because of the way they match up. (Not a lack of talent, just a bad matchup.)

I still think no matter what happens in R4, the team that comes out is still three TD's worse than Bellville, Palestine, or Silsbee.

But then again, this is just my opinion. I know LV took Cuero down to the wire and that Bandera only lost to LV by one earlier in the year.

I've been wrong once before. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong all over again.

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
I agree. R4 is a longshot for the state final in DI.

tigerdad
11-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I have too many bets out right now, but Bellville's definitely 3 TDs better than any R4 team this side of Cuero and Wimberley. Right now, I'd say they're my fifth-best team in the state.

1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. Giddings
4. WO-S
5. Bellville

Those are your contenders right there. You left out 1 important team SILSBEE TIGERS !!!!!!!!!