PDA

View Full Version : For those that want to Play College Football

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 04:16 PM
There will be two of the best teams in the nation playing in Belton, Texas this Saturday. I know many players will be in playoff games but for those that are not and if you are considering playing college football this is a game that you MUST attend.

The University of Mary Hardin Baylor (#6 in the nation) is located in Belton and over the past 5 years or so has had one of the best teams in the NCAA Division 3. The played in the national championship 2 years ago. Great coaches and they offer a JV team where a high school graduate can get immediate playing time.

Hardin-Simmons (#7 in the nation) is located in Abilene. They have set the standard for quality football over the past 15 years. They are currently the winningest college football program in Texas (All divisions). They also have a JV team.

Both of these schools do not offer athletic scholarships but they do offer tons of other scholarships. My son out of high school went to Southeastern Oklahoma and transferred after one year. He received more scholarship money from Hardin-Simmons than Southeastern which is a Division 2 school.

Check the rosters of both of these teams and you will find that they both have transfers from major football programs. I have listed some below:
Baylor, Rice, UNT, Angelo State, Midwestern State, Tarleton, SMU, Air Force, Southwestern Oklahoma, Southeastern Oklahoma, Southern Arkansas, Indiana, Stephen F. Austin, Texas A&M-Commerce & Wyoming.

These kids can play football. For those nay-sayers that have never seen a D3 team play -- I have listed the 2006 records against other divisions:

vs. Division I-AA (7-7) - that's against Division I AA schools!!!!

vs. Division II (5-9)

vs. NAIA (22-7)

Not only are D3's competitive with the others they win a lot of games against other divisions. So these guys can play. In addition you get a great education. There are a handful of D3's in Texas but the cream of the crop are HSU and UMHB.

Take it from a dad that went through the recruiting process (My son was recruited by Southwestern Ok, Southeastern OK, ENMU, Concordia and Angelo State). He has had more opportunities to play in D3 (He played 10 games on JV his red shirt Freshman year -- had he still been at a D2 he would have sat the bench).

These colleges deserve a look.

http://www.umhb.edu
http://www.hsutx.edu

Good luck and if I can answer any questions please do not hesitate to PM me.

I hope to see some folks at the game on Saturday!!!

bobcat1
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I know several kids on both teams and they can dang sure play. Should be a good game! :thumbsup: