PDA

View Full Version : Hsu @ Umhb

wildstangs
11-12-2006, 02:26 PM
First round...WOW.

buffalo2006
11-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I dont understand how they could put a conference game the first round but have no doubt about it the Cru is ready to play.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
So are the Cowboys and they have something to prove. But all respect to the Cru as they are a very, very good team.

It is a shame that one of these teams has to lose so early but this game is what the Cowboys have wanted since that early loss. Or let me say what I have wanted.

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 03:59 PM
In DIII NCAA the distance between teams is more determinate of pairings than records, rankings or conferences. They often pair highly ranked teams like UMHB and HSU together in the first round due to proximity. They simply don't seed the brackets much. On a sad note for me, Trinity got knocked out of the tournement losing to Milsaps and not winning the SCAC for the first time in 15 seasons.

This will be a very good football game and I wish I could see it. Good luck to both teams. I like HSU by a td or so.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
In DIII NCAA the distance between teams is more determinate of pairings than records, rankings or conferences. They often pair highly ranked teams like UMHB and HSU together in the first round due to proximity. They simply don't seed the brackets much. On a sad note for me, Trinity got knocked out of the tournement losing to Milsaps and not winning the SCAC for the first time in 15 seasons.

This will be a very good football game and I wish I could see it. Good luck to both teams. I like HSU by a td or so.

Yes yes yes. I like them by any margin. This will be a tough game for both teams. Both are quality programs.

Darren
11-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I'll take the Cru in this one. I went to UMHB and the head coach Fredenburg was once the head coach for Giddings High School football.

So I guess you could call me a homer.

Darren

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I'll take the Cru in this one. I went to UMHB and the head coach Fredenburg was once the head coach for Giddings High School football.

So I guess you could call me a homer.

Darren

Did he leave Giddings in 2000?

wooden bear
11-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Both of these two teams are great. I think id have to give the advantage to the Cru. Their defense is amazing.

HM33
11-12-2006, 06:59 PM
UMHB is amazing. I pick them in this one. HSU is also a good team but just not as good as UMHB

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by HM33
UMHB is amazing. I pick them in this one. HSU is also a good team but just not as good as UMHB

We will find out. In their first meeting HSU had everything that could go wrong did. Blocked field goal, a blocked punt, an interception inside the 20, penalties at the wrong times, dropped passes, etc, etc.

They say that defense wins championships. We will soon find out because the Cru have the best defense that I have ever seen. On the other hand HSU has the best offense! In the first meeting the Cru held HSU to 16 points (the lowest point total all year for them). Can they do it again? Jordon Neal had a terrible 2nd half. HSU was leading midway through the 3rd quarter in the previous game. Has the Cowboys middle D-Line stepped it up? Can the O-line block the rush of the Cru?

Can't wait to find out!

wooden bear
11-12-2006, 08:23 PM
What was the score when they played the first time? It also is a huge advantage for the Cru to get them at home. Those kids in the endzone are nuts.

PHS Wildcats
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
My girlfriend goes to UMHB and is begging me to come to the game. So I trying to decide between great high school football or DIII football playoffs.

There are some pretty good matchups in the Dallas and East Texas area on Sat.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 09:34 PM
PHS go to the UMHB/HSU game. Yes the endzone Couch crew is so loud!!!

The score in the first game was 28-16.

Darren
11-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Did he leave Giddings in 2000?

Before that. I think he coached for Giddings before Jay Warrick. I was probably early 90's or late 80's