PlayaJBiehl20
11-12-2006, 12:16 PM
are they in the playoffs and how did that district turn out

VWG
11-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Final Standings
Graham 3-1
Vernon 2-2
WF Hirschi 2-2 These three teams represent dist. in playoffs.

Burkburnett 2-2
Iowa Park 1-3

Funny thing is that Burk and Hirschi finished up overall at 7-3 records. Vernon, Graham, and IP all finished at 5-5.
This district was a very competitive district, to say the least.
Burk and Vernon both lost to Decatur but played them very close.
Hirschi, while not playing a tough non-district schedule, came through in district and could be a sleeper against Canyon. They've had the athletes in the past, it's just this year they've got a coach that has turned things around. Hands down he gets Coach of the Year honors.
Graham won district with a freshman QB, and no Senior starters on the offensive line. They played a non-district schedule that had 6 out of 6 make the playoffs. (Midland Greenwood, Clyde, Wylie, Glen Rose, Monahans, and private school TAPPS 6A Dallas Bishop Lynch)

VWG
11-12-2006, 02:32 PM
One thing I forgot about the Hawks. They got some bad breaks in district.... the physical kind. They had some problems with their secondary starters and offensive backfield getting dinged up.
They beat WF Hirschi, but that game they had like three secondary starters out on defense.
Graham game I believe they also had some starters out. Not to make excuses as everyone has injury problems, etc..... but I know that did hurt the Hawks with not being at full strength.

GreenMonster
11-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG
One thing I forgot about the Hawks. They got some bad breaks in district.... the physical kind. They had some problems with their secondary starters and offensive backfield getting dinged up.
They beat WF Hirschi, but that game they had like three secondary starters out on defense.
Graham game I believe they also had some starters out. Not to make excuses as everyone has injury problems, etc..... but I know that did hurt the Hawks with not being at full strength. I know that the 4th string QB went 1-1 in District. By the time the 1st and 2nd string came back it was week 10 and they were so rusty the offense creaked everytime the ball was snapped. Oh well, this team was pretty young. I think only 7 or 8 seniors. They'll be back next year for another go at it.