PDA

View Full Version : Why does this apply only to the Texas Longhorns

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2006, 11:51 AM
All the talk of Texas is overrated and they should have been beat by Texas Tech, and should have been beat by Nebraska, and the fact they were beat by Kansas State shows Texas was sooo overrated.....

YET Auburn struggles against South Carolina, struggles agianst Ole Miss, loses to a below .500 Georgia starting a Freshman QB....Florida struggles to beat Vandy, South Carolina, and again Georgia...YET that is because the SEC is so tough, not because the two are overrated.

Just does not add up IMO. Texas just like Auburn, and Florida and almost every team this year is a good team that is not perfect. That does not mean they are overrated..because if that is true, then as of right now only 4 teams in the nation are not overrated.

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 11:56 AM
BOISE STATE IS OVERRATED! :mad: ;)

I think that people keep dropping the overrated tag this year because college football had two all-time great teams playing last year in Texas and USC. This year there are a bunch of good teams but nobody that could really rival either of those two from last year. Thus...any time a top team loses they get the overrated tag thrown at them. It just sucks for Texas that their loss came w/o Colt.

Oh....and Texas Tech is one of the Top 5 teams in the country...in the 1st half! :(

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
All the talk of Texas is overrated and they should have been beat by Texas Tech, and should have been beat by Nebraska, and the fact they were beat by Kansas State shows Texas was sooo overrated.....

YET Auburn struggles against South Carolina, struggles agianst Ole Miss, loses to a below .500 Georgia starting a Freshman QB....Florida struggles to beat Vandy, South Carolina, and again Georgia...YET that is because the SEC is so tough, not because the two are overrated.

Just does not add up IMO. Texas just like Auburn, and Florida and almost every team this year is a good team that is not perfect. That does not mean they are overrated..because if that is true, then as of right now only 4 teams in the nation are not overrated.
Everyone's getting the flak. I hear all the Auburn flak on this board because I'm an Auburn fan.

When was the last time a national championship team didn't stumble a little on its way to the crown? I can't think of any in recent history.

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Just does not add up IMO. Texas just like Auburn, and Florida and almost every team this year is a good team that is not perfect. That does not mean they are overrated..because if that is true, then as of right now only 4 teams in the nation are not overrated. it doesnt apply to just UT in my book. I think there are several teams out there that are over-rated. UT, Auburn, the media's love child USC, (the whole Pac-10 is over-rated if you ask me), Michigan is going to be exposed this coming week as well just to name a few. So don't get your feelings hurt because someone says UT is over-rated.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Never said "my feelings were hurt"

All I was doing was giving my thoughts. I think the term overrated is thrown around WAY to much in college football this year. Every year teams get upset, it happens, what makes the game so great. Just because a team loses when they were ranked high does not make them automatically an overrated team, it means for one night things did not click and the lost.

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Never said "my feelings were hurt"

All I was doing was giving my thoughts. I think the term overrated is thrown around WAY to much in college football this year. Every year teams get upset, it happens, what makes the game so great. Just because a team loses when they were ranked high does not make them automatically an overrated team, it means for one night things did not click and the lost. I half agree and I half don't. SURE, the word over-rated is getting thrown around alot. With that being said, I think the MAIN reason that it IS getting thrown around alot is due to how the media hypes up certain teams just because of the name. Remember some years back when no-matter what they did the year before all 3 of the large Florida schools would come out in the top 5 in the polls (or it seemed like) Just like USC, they LOST last year, and the media is STILL talking about how they could/should have won that one. The media darlings this year just happen to be PROVING that some of them don't belong where they've been placed. As far as Texas goes...."well their only loss is to the #1 team in the nation" I dont know how many times I've heard this up until last night and my reply was "yeah, so what...who else have they PLAYED...Big 12 as a whole is pathetic this year" The Big 12 is NOT the SEC, especially this year. SO yeah, the term "over-rated" IS getting used alot, but I think for the most part, its accurate.

eagles_victory
11-12-2006, 01:08 PM
sorry russ but to me auburn was any overrated squad but hey they have been underrated many years so dont feel bad. They just had a hard time coming together on offense this year.

As for Texas you lose your starting qb and catch some bad breaks. While the other team is pulling out every trick in the book and their qb is on fire that just happens no excuses k state won and there a team on the rise that might of just pulled off their signature win. You take the starting quarterbacks away from any top ten team on a hostile enviroment on the road and see how they do. But again gotta credit k state but texas is anything but overrated

pirate4state
11-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
As for Texas you lose your starting qb and catch some bad breaks. While the other team is pulling out every trick in the book and their qb is on fire that just happens no excuses k state won and there a team on the rise that might of just pulled off their signature win. You take the starting quarterbacks away from any top ten team on a hostile enviroment on the road and see how they do. But again gotta credit k state but texas is anything but overrated :clap: :clap: Good post!!

pirate4state
11-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
The media darlings this year just happen to be PROVING that some of them don't belong where they've been placed. I hope you aren't lumping TEXAS in as a "media darling". LOL! It is INSANE how almost all those "experts" hate TEXAS. It bothers me a little, but then I just laugh. :D

As far as Texas goes...."well their only loss is to the #1 team in the nation" I dont know how many times I've heard this up until last night and my reply was "yeah, so what...who else have they PLAYED...Big 12 as a whole is pathetic this year" The Big 12 is NOT the SEC, especially this year. SO yeah, the term "over-rated" IS getting used alot, but I think for the most part, its accurate.

True, true...

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
sorry russ but to me auburn was any overrated squad but hey they have been underrated many years so dont feel bad. They just had a hard time coming together on offense this year.

As for Texas you lose your starting qb and catch some bad breaks. While the other team is pulling out every trick in the book and their qb is on fire that just happens no excuses k state won and there a team on the rise that might of just pulled off their signature win. You take the starting quarterbacks away from any top ten team on a hostile enviroment on the road and see how they do. But again gotta credit k state but texas is anything but overrated
So if you lose 3/5 of your starting OL plus your second-string C for the better part of the year, does that put you in the same boat as UT?

Stownhorse
11-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Im a huge texas fan and texas maybe overrated but Colt McCoy is far from overrated....Too bad Snead is a little girl and had a panic attack every time he had pressure, which was every play because he wouldnt get rid of the ball.....Snead played like a little girl I wasnt impressed.

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Why can't ya'll see that it was the DEFENSE that lost the game. The "scared little girl" Snead led the offense to scoring 35 pts. Colt may or may not have done this...We'll never know.

lepfan
11-12-2006, 02:13 PM

Just does not add up IMO. Texas just like Auburn, and Florida and almost every team this year is a good team that is not perfect. That does not mean they are overrated..because if that is true, then as of right now only 4 teams in the nation are not overrated. Who is saying they are overrated?

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Why can't ya'll see that it was the DEFENSE that lost the game. The "scared little girl" Snead led the offense to scoring 35 pts. Colt may or may not have done this...We'll never know. I said that last night arguing w/ my father while watching the game w/ him. He kept saying "well theyre losing because they lost Colt McCoy" and I told him "The loss of Colt McCoy has nothing to do w/ the fact that KSU has put up 40+ points on UT's DEFENSE!"

SO.....I totally agree w/ you.

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I hope you aren't lumping TEXAS in as a "media darling". LOL! It is INSANE how almost all those "experts" hate TEXAS. It bothers me a little, but then I just laugh. :D

True, true... [/B] LOL...yeah...a buddy of mine from San Antone who is a huge UT fan tells me the other day "man...I dont know, I think the BCS computers have an F Texas virus" LOL!! I cracked up, but I agree.

JR2004
11-12-2006, 03:21 PM
The people who are getting a good laugh out of UT losing to Kstate are people who have not a clue about the Wildcats. They're a young team that has hit their stride at the right time of year. Early in the year the Wildcats struggled badly against Baylor, among several others, but they've got things clicking now. They put up 34 on Colorado up at Boulder and the last time I checked that's the most anyone has scored against them all season in a regulation game.

Kstate earned that win last night, plain and simple. Georgia earned their victory against Auburn last night as well. Neither of these games were flukes. A couple of young QB's took giant steps forward last night as did their teams. KState is going to be the best team in the north in my opinion over the next 2 or 3 years with Freeman running that offense. If the Wildcats ever get something resembling a ground game the rest of the country better watch out.

NDFootball
11-12-2006, 03:26 PM

You think Texas has it bad? Try Notre Dame, everyone on this board is at ND's throat constantly.

Antec
11-12-2006, 04:35 PM
This was Texas' mainly second team defense

lot of first teamers out with injuries and starters.

If they were healthy there's no way K state would have scored 45 points.

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Antec

If they were healthy there's no way K state would have scored 45 points. ??? who was out?

wooden bear
11-12-2006, 05:00 PM
This is amazing. Keep on making these terrible excuses guys its funny. Texas was not a NC team this year face it.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Texas was not a NC team this year face it.

I dont think that you, I or anyone else on this board is qualified to answer that. They lost. I was heart broken, along with a bunch of other people. And it didnt make it any better that i just happened to be staying in college station that weekend. But, the truth of the matter is. It's not the end of the world. ASSUMING...that we win the next two games. We will still go to a BCS bowl game. Hopefully Colt along with everyone else will be healthy. Show the nation what we have. Then make a run for it next year. Colt McCoy is going to be around for a long time. If that doesnt make you jump for joy. Then i dont know what will. Him plus the last two recruiting classes....it's going to be fun to watch. And seeing as how my transfer papers have been accepted for next year already.....i plan on having a front row view of something amazing.

Phil C
11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
A team can't win everything all the time. When a school like UT has a "bad" year (and many teams would love to have 2 loses as of now) then you hear of the overated talk. It is human nature and usually those who are envious of success. It is generally against teams that have been big winners lately and the opponents and sometimes media jumps upon this opportunity. Look at what happened to Alabama in the 90s right after they got the NC. I have seen this for a long time. But the internet talk and media makes it obvious now. I remember we didn't have ESPN or other sports networks. They are great but they can be negative. Remember UT won the Rose Bowl and thus ended their USC is the greatest college team ever nonsense. And remember this - there are lots of great teams but there has never and will never be a super team.

wooden bear
11-12-2006, 06:52 PM
UT SUCKS

Emerson1
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
UT SUCKS
Thanks for your insightful input.

UT may not be a NC title contender THIS year, but then again A&M or whatever school you like never is.

Just Watching
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM

And Oklahoma would have six straight national titles had it not been for all the injuries between 2001-2005: :)

g$$
11-14-2006, 02:49 AM

Not only a stupid statement, but a false one too. Who was missing anyway? Lokey? - been out since Nebraska. Who? You are flat wrong. Killebrew was back as well. Secondary had the starters in there too (both Griffins, Brown & Ross).

What about the great recruiting classes? Depth? Coaching? Quit making excuses buddy. Texas has had close calls before & this time it caught up with them (Tech, Nebraska,...).

A&M played without 3 defensive starters (Jack, Bryant, & Tupe). Did not even dress. No excuses, play with what you've got & find a way to win. We did not & deserved to lose.

K State took it to Texas & deserved to win. Period, end of game. Play better pass defense, don't turn the ball over & you win the game. Accuracy is appreciated, excuses are not.

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 02:54 AM
^^^

:D ;)

big daddy russ
11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Not only a stupid statement, but a false one too. Who was missing anyway? Lokey? - been out since Nebraska. Who? You are flat wrong. Killebrew was back as well. Secondary had the starters in there too (both Griffins, Brown & Ross).

What about the great recruiting classes? Depth? Coaching? Quit making excuses buddy. Texas has had close calls before & this time it caught up with them (Tech, Nebraska,...).

A&M played without 3 defensive starters (Jack, Bryant, & Tupe). Did not even dress. No excuses, play with what you've got & find a way to win. We did not & deserved to lose.

K State took it to Texas & deserved to win. Period, end of game. Play better pass defense, don't turn the ball over & you win the game. Accuracy is appreciated, excuses are not.
ROFL. g$$'s driving the bus today.

wooden bear
11-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Thanks for your insightful input.

UT may not be a NC title contender THIS year, but then again A&M or whatever school you like never is.

Yeah your right USC never contends for the nc.