1. Wesley (B)
2. Mary Hardin-Baylor (A)
3. Hardin-Simmons (C)
4. Carnegie Mellon (B)
5. Washington and Jefferson (B)
6. Christopher Newport (A)
7. Millsaps (A)
8. Washington and Lee (A)
Wow, Washington and Lee, falling behind a team that wasn’t even in the regional rankings last week. Ouch. Bad way to go into the playoffs. Now, of course, this is a vastly geographically challenged bracket. Millsaps can get to Mary Hardin-Baylor in 491.7 miles according to the NCAA’s approved mapping software (Mappoint, available to all online, with the shortest possible distance setting as always). This opens up a potential flight to bring someone to Hardin-Simmons, and Christopher Newport is seeded perfectly for the task. The two Pittsburgh-area teams play each other … and Washington and Lee goes to Wesley.

Wait, did we just construct a South bracket where the seedings hold true? Stop the presses!

Oh, right, no presses on the Web. So we march on.

etbu
11-12-2006, 11:56 AM
So when do Hsu and Umbh play and where?

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
the official bracket isn't out yet. I would think they are probably set to play in the 2nd round should they win their 1st round games.

buffalo2006
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM
The Cru is playing the Cowboys on Saturday the first round in Belton.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 03:28 PM
This will be a noon kickoff. I'm going to start another thread to try and get some high school players attention about these two teams.

UMHB won the first meeting between these two teams but let me say that I left mad as a hornet! The Cowboys wheels fell off in the second half. Mistakes that kill teams happened. Blocked field goal, a blocked punt interception inside the 20 and that will kill a team. Mary Hardin-Baylor has one of the, in not the best defense in division 3 football. HSU has one of the best offenses. The last game the UMHB defense held HSU to under 100 yards rushing. Great game. This game will be awesome! If you are anywhere around you need to watch this game.

Go Cowboys!!!

3afan
11-12-2006, 04:04 PM
BRACKET (http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/brackets/straight32_dyn/2006/DIII)

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Why are the Texas teams playing each other in the first round? The NCAA says that although their approved mapping software for determining regional games (MSN Mappoint) spits out a 491.7 mile distance for Millsaps to get to Mary Hardin-Baylor, their mileage charts say the distance is over 500 miles. Therefore they're not allowed to bus Millsaps to UMHB. I think the discrepancy is something they are going to look into.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Why are the Texas teams playing each other in the first round? The NCAA says that although their approved mapping software for determining regional games (MSN Mappoint) spits out a 491.7 mile distance for Millsaps to get to Mary Hardin-Baylor, their mileage charts say the distance is over 500 miles. Therefore they're not allowed to bus Millsaps to UMHB. I think the discrepancy is something they are going to look into.

If Milsaps goes to UMHB then HSU would have hosted a playoff game. That's ok with me I have been wanting a rematch with the Cru since our last meeting which I felt like we shot ourself in the foot. Too many bad things happened in that game that WILL NOT happen again. (Blocked field goal, & punt) Interception inside the 20, scoring on us with the half back pass).

I give the Cru credit -- they are tough. But we are better than what we showed that day. So I'm ready for the rematch!

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
If Milsaps goes to UMHB then HSU would have hosted a playoff game. That's ok with me I have been wanting a rematch with the Cru since our last meeting which I felt like we shot ourself in the foot. Too many bad things happened in that game that WILL NOT happen again. (Blocked field goal, & punt) Interception inside the 20, scoring on us with the half back pass).

I give the Cru credit -- they are tough. But we are better than what we showed that day. So I'm ready for the rematch!

Yeah a rematch is great but at the same time I want to see both Texas teams get to the 2nd round of the playoffs...and THEN it's on! ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Yeah a rematch is great but at the same time I want to see both Texas teams get to the 2nd round of the playoffs...and THEN it's on! ;)

Me too. But heck I'm just ready to get revenge. It will be a heck of a game. The Cru really got after Neal in the first game. Plus we have got to figure out how to block Kubiac. That guy is a freak!

The Cru has teh best defense that I have ever seen. Ever. They are awesome. Their LB's are so freaking fast. Like Db's fast but large! Our special teams hurt us last meeting and we have made adjustments. Can't wait for Saturday!!!!