PDA

View Full Version : Which ranked 3A team will be out after the 1st round?

BrahmaDAD70
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
There are a lot of great matchupsthis week.
Sadly some really good teams will be out
come next week. Who do you think they will be?
Also bring in your upset special.

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 11:08 AM
either Decatur or Wylie since they play each other! ;)

VWG
11-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Decatur could be beat on Friday. Although it could be an upset, a very mild upset, Wylie has the weapons to beat the Eagles.
Again.... if you're gonna beat Decatur, you have to stop their QB.
He controls the offense. Don't let anybody fool you and say that they can give it to the RB, etc..... Cobb controls that offense.
Putting pressure on Decatur's QB is key to Wylie winning that game.

carter08
11-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Cuero will lose to Sinton

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Cuero will lose to Sinton Hah! You know that "stuff" you are on is illegal in 52 states. Remember, Kinky lost the election :D

dogdad
11-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I think the most likely upset will be Quinlan over Celina
I don't think Celina will be able to stop the Quinlan offensive machine
Celina will get a wake-up call this friday night

(tongue in cheek)

IHStangFan
11-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Cuero will lose to Sinton LOL not likely.

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Carter, Carter, you still with us? Did that "stuff" go to your head, Carter? :D

TAMUGRAD
11-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
either Decatur or Wylie since they play each other! ;)

Going with Decatur on this one, but who ever wins will most likely have to face Gilmer in the Semi-Finals.

With all the hype about Gilmer I want whoever stands a better chance of knocking Gilmer out to win.

So..... Go Decatur
or .... Go Abilene Wylie
Just beat Gilmer when you get there.

TAMUGRAD
11-12-2006, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dogdad
[B]I think the most likely upset will be Quinlan over Celina
I don't think Celina will be able to stop the Quinlan offensive machine
Celina will get a wake-up call this friday night

This is just a joke, and also what is wrong with the current playoff system.

I do not know how to fix it, maybe just top two teams come out of every district? That won't help districts that are stronger, but it sure would help in the weaker districts. It would also make the district title something to fight for again.

But here we have Celina playing Quinlan Ford in the first round,
and Abilene Wylie and Decatur battling it out in the first round.
That is just wrong. or maybe it just equates to that weird thing that they did in district 2.
Celina vs. Quinlan sort of like Ft. Stockton vs. Bye, Monahans vs. Bye and Clint vs. Bye

Stownhorse
11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
So..... Go Decatur
or .... Go Abilene Wylie

Yea thats what I like to hear! haha but I'm takin A Wylie.

loboes86
11-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Hah! You know that "stuff" you are on is illegal in 52 states. Remember, Kinky lost the election :D 52 States?????? Can anyone name the the other two states?:confused: :confused:

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
52 States?????? Can anyone name the the other two states?:confused: :confused: Two are states of mind :D

Stownhorse
11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Two are states of mind :D

I think the stuff your on is illegal in the lower 48.....idk about alaska or Hawaii lol

loboes86
11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Two are states of mind :D Would that be a confused state or a clouded state of mind ?

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Would that be a confused state or a clouded state of mind ? Ask anyone who thinks Sinton will beat Cuero :D

Snydertigersrul
11-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
There are a lot of great matchupsthis week.
Sadly some really good teams will be out
come next week. Who do you think they will be?
Also bring in your upset special.

Sweetwater

CueroDad2006
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM

Go see your doctor........I think you lost your little brain

JT44
11-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006

I think were losing Carter...... he was once a great poster

mwynn05
11-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah jump all on someone because they pick your team to lose

RuffneckGobbler
11-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah... Its not an insult to say Sinton will not beat Cuero... Its just life.

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Yeah jump all on someone because they pick your team to lose Nobody's jumping on anyone. This is just good banter back and forth, and if someone picks MY TEAM to lose, you are going to hear it from me :D

wimbo_pro
11-12-2006, 09:08 PM
52 States?????? Can anyone name the the other two states?:confused: :confused:
It's ironic you say this...having traveled a lot overseas, many foreigners will tell you that there are 52 states...thats what many of them were taught in schools about U.S. history. The reason, I found out, is they include Puerto Rico and Guam, which, as you know, are territories covered by our laws, protections, monetary system, etc.

Now...why is it GreenMachine said 52?....well....I am sure this is going to be rich for some good ole' Cuero jokes... Unless he's French, of course. LOLOLOL

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006

i am sure he was with a friend and just hanging out and told his friend lets see how many Cuero posters get all out of wack with somebody saying they be upset this week..... hold on wasnt that ur doing:D

bandera7
11-12-2006, 09:43 PM
China Spring will be out, and unfortunately for the Wylie-Decatur game, one of them has to lose...terrible, both great teams, its a shame. Good luck to both.

westcoast54
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
Going with Decatur on this one, but who ever wins will most likely have to face Gilmer in the Semi-Finals.

With all the hype about Gilmer I want whoever stands a better chance of knocking Gilmer out to win.

So..... Go Decatur
or .... Go Abilene Wylie

Gilmer had better not overlook LE! That could very easily be an upset. If I'm not mistaked LE has almost everybody back from last year's Semi-Finalist. Unless they've had a lot of injuries or grade problems they are VERY GOOD. Don't let the record fool you.

Pudlugger
11-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Hutto-Robinson

Waco Robinson is a top 25 team and Hutto is top 15. One will advance and one will stay home. Robinson might upset the Hippos.

7:30 Wildcat Stadium Temple

:cool:

WTF-82
11-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Decater will be out Wylie is money in the Playoffs.

SintonFan
11-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i am sure he was with a friend and just hanging out and told his friend lets see how many Cuero posters get all out of wack with somebody saying they be upset this week..... hold on wasnt that ur doing:D
rofl!
dats some shunny fit!:clap: :clap: :clap:

StreetBobcat
11-13-2006, 01:48 AM
The only place I see a decent team getting sent home early in Div II is the Waco La Vega and Cameron Yoe matchup.

But in Div I the Regional championships are all almost decided in the first round. Region 1 is between Abilene Wylie and Decatur. Region 2 is between Gilmer and L.E. Region 4 is between Bandera and La Vernia. Who ever wins these games most likely will win their region. Even in Region 3 between Robinson and Hutto winner will only have to worry about Belvillle. So in Div I there will be four good teams knocked out early.

dogdad
11-13-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by StreetBobcat
The only place I see a decent team getting sent home early in Div II is the Waco La Vega and Cameron Yoe matchup.

But in Div I the Regional championships are all almost decided in the first round. Region 1 is between Abilene Wylie and Decatur. Region 2 is between Gilmer and L.E. Region 4 is between Bandera and La Vernia. Who ever wins these games most likely will win their region. Even in Region 3 between Robinson and Hutto winner will only have to worry about Belvillle. So in Div I there will be four good teams knocked out early.

In Div. 2 Region 2, with Madison, Rains, and Brownsboro all in the same bracket 2 of these teams will be sent home since only one can come out of this region

fballfan
11-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Decatur could be beat on Friday. Although it could be an upset, a very mild upset, Wylie has the weapons to beat the Eagles.
He controls the offense. Don't let anybody fool you and say that they can give it to the RB, etc..... Cobb controls that offense.

have you even seen their running back?? You obviously dont know what you are talking about...i dont know who you are, but the Trant kid would make you his woman...

StreetBobcat
11-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
In Div. 2 Region 2, with Madison, Rains, and Brownsboro all in the same bracket 2 of these teams will be sent home since only one can come out of this region

Of course I see Celina coming out of this region, but I was orginally refering to a first round one knockout. I don't see Madison or Brownsboro losing in round one. But I do agree that the Rains and Pilot Point matchup will send one of these good teams home early.

Gsquared
11-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Ive seen both Wylie and Decatur, it wouldnt be an upset if Wylie won. I say Wylie wins by 6

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I think the most likely upset will be Quinlan over Celina

IM NO EXPERT BUT WHAT WAS IN YOUR COFFEE THIS MORNING!:eek:

STANG RED
11-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by fballfan
have you even seen their running back?? You obviously dont know what you are talking about...i dont know who you are, but the Trant kid would make you his woman...

Why would he want to do that? Sounds to me like he already has one, in you. :eek:

big daddy russ
11-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Abilene Wylie/Decatur

Who I'd bet on...
Madisonville over Rusk (if Rusk is still ranked)
LaGrange over Sweeny

Longer shots, but they still have shots...
Medina Valley over Devine
Diboll over Palestine
Robinson over Hutto

Texasfootball2
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM

Wll said! I agree.

BlitzemAll
11-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Yea thats what I like to hear! haha but I'm takin A Wylie.
State of Confusion...

and

State of Denial

PHS Wildcats
11-13-2006, 05:07 PM

hmmmmmmmm :thinking: about the other teams in Region III

dogdad
11-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BULLDAWG-MOM
IM NO EXPERT BUT WHAT WAS IN YOUR COFFEE THIS MORNING!:eek:
aw c'mon BULLDAWGMOM cut me some slack.....I was just having a little fun.....if you scrolled down farther on my post you would have seen the words "tongue in cheek"

go Dogs!!

btw, I wish we were in Celina's bracket instead of Gilmer's

wannabgobbler08
11-13-2006, 10:14 PM

Are u retarded!?!

CueroDad2006
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
rofl!
dats some shunny fit!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh thats just as funny as all the other crap YOU write.......your a joke "boy"

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-13-2006, 11:08 PM
What is the line for the Sinton vs Cuero Game?

BULLDAWG-MOM
11-14-2006, 09:54 AM
aw c'mon BULLDAWGMOM cut me some slack.....I was just having a little fun.....if you scrolled down farther on my post you would have seen the words "tongue in cheek"

:doh: :thumbsup:

Black_Magic
11-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
either Decatur or Wylie since they play each other! ;) You mean Wylie can be "ONE AND DONE" after this week.. Oh!!!! the crow to be eaten..:clap:

Curly
11-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You mean Wylie can be "ONE AND DONE" after this week.. Oh!!!! the crow to be eaten..:clap:

KIND of Like the Tigers last year
ONE and Done
good thing that snyder aint worried about Brownfield this year

Buckeye80
11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Gilmer had better not overlook LE! That could very easily be an upset. If I'm not mistaked LE has almost everybody back from last year's Semi-Finalist. Unless they've had a lot of injuries or grade problems they are VERY GOOD. Don't let the record fool you.

The record isn't what gives me the confidence. The loss last week to Atlanta does. And the whoopin' they took from Wimberley also helps. THE LEOPARDS ARE NOT AS GOOD AS EVERYONE THINKS THEY ARE!!!! It appears that some posters, not necessarily you, are so desperate for Gilmer to lose, that they can talk themselves into believing that a mediochre team is good. And LE is at best, mediochre.

The Buckeyes will roll LE! 52-14 or so

Black_Magic
11-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Curly
KIND of Like the Tigers last year
ONE and Done
good thing that snyder aint worried about Brownfield this year Still no gratitude for the share of the distirct title given to you by snyder for the past two years?? come on you gota show some love..