PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas

eagles_victory
11-12-2006, 12:31 AM
im pulling for them to be the one loss team to get in the national title game since texas is out. i think they will jump way up there this week

Gobbla2001
11-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im pulling for them to be the one loss team to get in the national title game since texas is out. i think they will jump way up there this week

I doubt they'll jump Florida, but if anyone makes it in over Florida and them I think it needs to be Rutgers... not because I think their offense could compete in pop-warner or anything, but because they're undefeated, have knocked off a number 3 and will most-likely beat another ex-top 3 team in WVA...

eagles_victory
11-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I doubt they'll jump Florida, but if anyone makes it in over Florida and them I think it needs to be Rutgers... not because I think their offense could compete in pop-warner or anything, but because they're undefeated, have knocked off a number 3 and will most-likely beat another ex-top 3 team in WVA... Rutgers will lose i think and Arkansas is playing Florida in the Sec title so it is possible i hope to god Florida and USC dont make it gosh i hate having this talk i wanted texas in there so bad

Gobbla2001
11-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Rutgers will lose i think and Arkansas is playing Florida in the Sec title so it is possible i hope to god Florida and USC dont make it gosh i hate having this talk i wanted texas in there so bad

I know... but there's still a shot at the BCS, if not a good Bowl game and hell, Texas is still the national champions until Ohio State is... so we can brag for another month and a half atleast...

eagles_victory
11-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I know... but there's still a shot at the BCS, if not a good Bowl game and hell, Texas is still the national champions until Ohio State is... so we can brag for another month and a half atleast... yea sugar is still sweet and the rose again wouldnt be too bad. and hell we all love oranges

Gobbla2001
11-12-2006, 12:40 AM
yea sugar is still sweet and the rose again wouldnt be too bad. and hell we all love oranges

I like melons...

CelinaCatFan
11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Arkansas will win its remaining games (with quality wins over LSU and Florida in the SEC title game) and win the national championship over Ohio State. McFadden will continue his impressive performances and win the Heisman.:clap:

Maroon87
11-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Arkansas will win its remaining games (with quality wins over LSU and Florida in the SEC title game) and win the national championship over Ohio State. McFadden will continue his impressive performances and win the Heisman.:clap:

Man I hope not...I work with an Arkansas grad who talks way too much under normal circumstances, and when the Pigs are doing well it's just unbearable.:rolleyes: :doh:

TMer25
11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
So Arkansas should jump a USC team that drove them by 40 to start the year?

carter08
11-12-2006, 11:01 AM
The SEC is way down when you look and see Arkansas can win the conference

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 11:04 AM
LOL. I actually heard some of the guys on GameDay questioning whether or not the SEC is the dominant conference out there.

My question is this: if it's not, then who is? Arkie could compete with any given team on any given day. So could Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU. No other conference has that many top-flight teams, and no other conference has the depth below those teams (Bama, Georgia, Vandy, Kentucky, South Carolina) that the SEC does.

dutchman
11-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by carter08
The SEC is way down when you look and see Arkansas can win the conference

So if a team does not win it every year, the entire conference must be down. Arkansas returned 20 starters from a team that was primarily made up of freshman and sophomores last year and about 15 will be back next year, unless they turn pro.

CelinaCatFan
11-12-2006, 01:10 PM
So Arkansas should jump a USC team that drove them by 40 to start the year?

I think Arkansas will pass USC, when USC loses one of their remaining games (Cal or ND) and has 2 losses.

If USC wins out, then certainly Arkansas is out of the picture. I do wish Arkansas had an opportunity for rematch with USC. I think Arkansas would win this time around.

My reasoning for an Arkansas victory in a rematch:

1. In the first game, McFadden wasn't even supposed to play (foot injury) and with the exception of a few special team plays, he didn't.

2. Mustain was playing in his first college game and he looked it. I do think, at this point, that Casey Dick gives them a better chance to win now.

3. It was Arkansas' Offensive Coordinators (Mustain's high school coach from Springdale) first game.

4. The Arkansas defense is playing better each week and coming together as a unit.

mwynn05
11-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Those people up there wouldn't know what to do if Arkansas won the national championship...They have NOTHING else there

Adidas410s
11-12-2006, 01:15 PM
yea sugar is still sweet and the rose again wouldnt be too bad. and hell we all love oranges

well Texas would end up in the Fiesta Bowl as the Big 12 Champs if they are to win it! ;)

g$$
11-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I think Arkansas will pass USC, when USC loses one of their remaining games (Cal or ND) and has 2 losses.

If USC wins out, then certainly Arkansas is out of the picture. I do wish Arkansas had an opportunity for rematch with USC. I think Arkansas would win this time around.

My reasoning for an Arkansas victory in a rematch:

1. In the first game, McFadden wasn't even supposed to play (foot injury) and with the exception of a few special team plays, he didn't.

2. Mustain was playing in his first college game and he looked it. I do think, at this point, that Casey Dick gives them a better chance to win now.

3. It was Arkansas' Offensive Coordinators (Mustain's high school coach from Springdale) first game.

4. The Arkansas defense is playing better each week and coming together as a unit.

Mustain did not play much at QB that day if I recall. The senior kid Johnson (I think) started & played awful. He's like 3rd team now.

And w/ McFadden healthy, this team has rounded into form. Whole different team now than 2.5 months ago. Hogs are tough.

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Those people up there wouldn't know what to do if Arkansas won the national championship...They have NOTHING else there
Sure they do. They have cousins, livestock, and sisters.

TMer25
11-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

LOL

UPanIN
11-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Kind of like Dodge Tx.:doh:

big daddy russ
11-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Kind of like Dodge Tx.:doh:
You know where Dodge is? Are you my cousin?

UPanIN
11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
We might be related. I'll have to asked my sister.