PDA

View Full Version : Our pick up was hit!!!! (NF)

lepfan
11-11-2006, 01:10 PM
At 6:50 this morning our doorbell was ringing ~~~ it seems a girl was late to work, did not completely clear her windshield of frost, and the sun was in her eyes ~~~ so therefor she slammed into our 1970 Ford pick up that my son and husband have refurbished. Now, from stop sign to stop sign is about 75 yards. She hit the back side of the pick up and moved the pick up down the street about 35 feet...and up onto the curb into the neighbors row of shrubs about 5 feet. She was driving a Tahoe -- her fron bumper was crammed up into her front tire...busted radiator, etc., etc. They hauled the Tahoe off on a roll back. The pick up is in better shape...but it still took a pretty good hit. the bumper was shoved up under and the bed is buckled pretty good. We also discovered the bed was shoved up and dented the cab. I am no expert, but I think I would be safe to say she was on the accelerator pretty hard for that type of damage!

Adidas410s
11-11-2006, 02:48 PM
sorry to hear about that. On the plus side...nobody was hurt and your husband and son will now have even more time to spend together on that truck! :)

lepfan
11-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
sorry to hear about that. On the plus side...nobody was hurt and your husband and son will now have even more time to spend together on that truck! :) Yeah, the only thing is my husband is leaving for Louisiana on Thursday. That was our extra truck...so one of us up here is going to be a foot for a bit! :( But yeah, I am glad the lady wasn't hurt...she hit it pretty hard!