PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Giddings

wedo
11-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Wharton is a young tough team that plays hard and never gives up! I haven't seen Giddings play, so how does Wharton match up against them? And does anybody know where and when this game will be played?

carter08
11-11-2006, 12:43 PM
As good as Wharton is, Giddings is better

gobbler grad
11-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Giddings to much for Wharton...will be closer than some expect, but Giddings offense just to powerful...

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Let's wait and see what happens this Friday...

JakefootballGOD
11-11-2006, 01:13 PM
i don't know much about wharton, but i have seen giddings play and they are tuff on both sides of the ball, wharton is nothing but a steping stone for the buffaloes, buffs roll to 2nd round

Specklebelly
11-11-2006, 01:21 PM
I picked Giddings to win state on this board nearly one year ago so I am not jumping off of that horse just yet. Wharton couldn't stop Needville from running the football. Giddings running attack is twice as good as Needville's and Giddings won't put the ball on the ground 6 times like Needville did Friday night. Giddings will win easily.

tigerpride_08
11-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Let's wait and see what happens this Friday...

sounds good to me...;)

Bull's-eye
11-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Two very good QB's, but I think Giddings will win by 2-3 TD's. Wharton's lack of a kicking game will hurt the Tigers.

JT44
11-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Just like giddings qb Fitzhenry? pulls the load for the buffs
Ansley will pull the tigers, I've seen him play a few times and he manages to keep his team in every game and wills them to victory.

Just like fitzhenry, ansley's no slouch running the ball either

Does giddings have a secondary or at least two good db's that can hang with Shelton? If not Ansley scrambling ability combined with the deep threat can keep the game close.

Wharton seems to dig themselves in a hole every week and then make a comeback, they can't do that this week. If they can match scores with gidding I think they have a chance.

I am pulling for Wharton and I think they might pull this one out. Hopefully tigerfans and the team are hoping to play spoiler

Bull's-eye
11-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Don't think Giddings can't pass the ball, I watched their QB throw a long stike against Bellville.

wedo
11-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Wharton is out matched up front every game. But they fight hard and find ways to win. Sweeny was pretty big upfront and Wharton hung in there untill the end. IF Wharton can play mistake free ball friday night i like there chances! Wharton isn't going to stop Giddings, They just have to keep up with them and make them play untill the end and maybe they might make a mistake!

Old Tiger
11-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Giddings

44INAROW
11-11-2006, 03:13 PM
HOpe Wharton pulls the upset and wins:)

Highschoolfan78
11-11-2006, 04:03 PM
where is this game?

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Heard it was in Tomball.

Highschoolfan78
11-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Heard it was in Tomball.

awesome, thanks

Crow22
11-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Run defense isn't exactly the strength of the Tigers.....

I see Giddings having a field day in the running game....

Giddings 40
Wharton 15

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Run defense isn't exactly the strength of the Tigers.....

I see Giddings having a field day in the running game....

Giddings 40
Wharton 15

Maybe...maybe not.

#9wharton tiger
11-12-2006, 07:00 PM
THE GAME IS FRIDAY AT 7:30 IN TOMBALL, WE'LL SEE ALL U HATAS THERE

gato 76
11-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by #9wharton tiger
THE GAME IS FRIDAY AT 7:30 IN TOMBALL, WE'LL SEE ALL U HATAS THERE

Everybody better leave Wharton early the traffic in that area is bad,but on a friday its even worse.I will be driven in from Kingwood so its easy for me,but you folks who are not use to it like i said give yourselve plenty of time to get there.

g$$
11-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Giddings wins, say 41-20 Final.

Wharton is a good team & very athletic, but Giddings is just better. Giddings has a shot to win it all if things go right.

gato 76
11-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Giddings wins, say 41-20 Final.

Wharton is a good team & very athletic, but Giddings is just better. Giddings has a shot to win it all if things go right.

Its the playoffs and anything can happen.The team that makes the fewest turnovers,and maybe special teams play may decide this one.If Wharton has another advantage it might be playing under pressure,they have been in 3 ot games and won 2 of them to get where they are at.

fireman1
11-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Any team can win it all if things go right. Wharton has the ability to hang with Giddings and things do happen its the playoffs. Unlike the Needville game I will be there this Friday.

g$$
11-12-2006, 08:33 PM
You could say that about just any football game. Turnovers, special teams, etc. But the fact remains & you will see it this Friday that Giddings is just plain better.

I am rooting for Wharton & hope they pull it off. But common sense says go with Giddings & their powerful attack. Watch that Fitzhenry kid - very good junior athlete for Giddings.

Good luck Tigers.

wedo
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You could say that about just any football game. Turnovers, special teams, etc. But the fact remains & you will see it this Friday that Giddings is just plain better.

I am rooting for Wharton & hope they pull it off. But common sense says go with Giddings & their powerful attack. Watch that Fitzhenry kid - very good junior athlete for Giddings.

Good luck Tigers.

Win or lose Wharton will keep this game close!

buff4life
11-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Its the playoffs and anything can happen.The team that makes the fewest turnovers,and maybe special teams play may decide this one.If Wharton has another advantage it might be playing under pressure,they have been in 3 ot games and won 2 of them to get where they are at.

there won't be any pressure in this one....or atleast i don't think there is pressure when a team is winning by 3 tds....

Giddings 49

Wharton 21

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 09:26 PM
One of the few teams that I have ever seen that could get through the playoffs on talent alone was the '02 Tigers. Easily one of the five most purely talented 3A teams that I've EVER seen. This includes the Everman and Forney teams of the early '00's, Sealy and Cuero back in '95, Burnet, and tons of state champs over the last ten years. If this team is anywhere close to that team in terms of talent, then the game could go either way.

If they're simply "almost" as talented, Giddings wins. By a lot. Gilmer, Cuero, Giddings. The three best teams in the state from what I can tell. I've seen Giddings this year, saw Cuero (and what they had coming back) last year, and I think the two teams are pretty close.

gato 76
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
there won't be any pressure in this one....or atleast i don't think there is pressure when a team is winning by 3 tds....

Giddings 49

Wharton 21

The pressure is on you,everybody saying how good giddings is,my point was wharton has been in 3 ot games with playoff atmoshere and they have 2 out of 3 games that says alot about that team they are finding ways to win it might not be pretty but they are winning sometimes those are the teams that are dangerous come playoff time.

fireman1
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM
alot of people say that Giddings is going to blow Wharton out the water but I think the game will be close with Wharton coming out on top

buff4life
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
The pressure is on you,everybody saying how good giddings is,my point was wharton has been in 3 ot games with playoff atmoshere and they have 2 out of 3 games that says alot about that team they are finding ways to win it might not be pretty but they are winning sometimes those are the teams that are dangerous come playoff time.

Giddings has played in three games that contained playoff type atmostpheres in my opinion...and we didn't have ot...we simply won

Wimberley, Hutto and Bellville were intense atmospheres that resembled the playoffs

Uncle Buck
11-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Iam going with Wharton................Hey why not..........Yes Giddings is all that, But thats an easy pick..............Wharton is as Talented as any team in the state. They are the underdogs and Iam going to pull for them. If their defense can manage a couple of stops, they should have a chance. With Ansley and Shelton......anything is possible.

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Giddings has played in three games that contained playoff type atmostpheres in my opinion...and we didn't have ot...we simply won

Wimberley, Hutto and Bellville were intense atmospheres that resembled the playoffs

What no mention of La Grange? I recall some playoff atmosphere that night! LOL

buff4life
11-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
What no mention of La Grange? I recall some playoff atmosphere that night! LOL

WOW don't know how i could forget that...so make that 4 games with playoff type atmosphere....that would give GIDDINGS the advantage in that category too...sry Pudlugger

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Giddings run offense is very tough, explosive and high scoring. If Wharton has a strong D they might hold them to 3 tds but I doubt that they will. On the other hand, Giddings D is very tough and will hold Wharton to 21 or less. This is my opinion fwiw.

Giddings 42
Wharton 21

:)

wedo
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
One of the few teams that I have ever seen that could get through the playoffs on talent alone was the '02 Tigers. Easily one of the five most purely talented 3A teams that I've EVER seen. This includes the Everman and Forney teams of the early '00's, Sealy and Cuero back in '95, Burnet, and tons of state champs over the last ten years. If this team is anywhere close to that team in terms of talent, then the game could go either way.

If they're simply "almost" as talented, Giddings wins. By a lot. Gilmer, Cuero, Giddings. The three best teams in the state from what I can tell. I've seen Giddings this year, saw Cuero (and what they had coming back) last year, and I think the two teams are pretty close.

I played on the 02 and 03 Tiger teams and IMO we had more talent in 03 than 02. But both years could have competed in 4a. In 03 Wharton had more size,speed and talent than Burnet did and people that saw us play knew that we were explosive and could beat anyone! But this year Wharton Tiger team has something that the 02-03 tigers didn't have and that is they play with more heart! If Wharton loses this game it is b/c Giddings is just that dang good!

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I played on the 02 and 03 Tiger teams and IMO we had more talent in 03 than 02. But both years could have competed in 4a. In 03 Wharton had more size,speed and talent than Burnet did and people that saw us play knew that we were explosive and could beat anyone! But this year Wharton Tiger team has something that the 02-03 tigers didn't have and that is they play with more heart! If Wharton loses this game it is b/c Giddings is just that dang good!
The year ya'll played Aransas Pass. I think Kellen Heard was a junior that year.

I didn't get to see you guys the next year, but if you were more talented then dang! State champion-caliber team.

On that note, it's going to take that kind of talent to beat this Giddings squad. I've eaten my words before, and this may turn out to be a close game, but Giddings is state champion-caliber this year. Four backs who would start on most 4A squads, a good-sized OL, very tough defensive front, and speed to burn.

Based on what I know (and I haven't seen Wharton play), I'm going with Giddings by two or three TDs.

Centextrash
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Giddings by 4 TD's

I may be wrong BUT, In my opinion Wharton cannot play physical for 4 quarters. Giddings may not seem like it, by they are not always fitzhenry. Their D is fast. The game will be close for a while, then Giddings blows them out. Giddings is that Good!

Darren
11-13-2006, 08:08 AM
I am a Giddings Homer... But I think that it is a whole new ball game when the playoffs come around.

Any team can win. My gut is still with Giddings. Giddings has played alot of close games this year as some have mentioned so it is not as if we are unstoppable but I see Giddings by 14.

Good luck to all

Gobbler Fan
11-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Wharton in an upset

Lets go Tiger's :clap:

KL3
11-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Four backs who would start on most 4A squads

Not saying your wrong russ, but which 4 are you talking about? Fitzhenry, Johnson, Jarmon and who else? Dock would not start for 4A teams.

big daddy russ
11-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Not saying your wrong russ, but which 4 are you talking about? Fitzhenry, Johnson, Jarmon and who else? Dock would not start for 4A teams.
I only saw him carry the ball once or twice, but number 11 was a hell of a blocker. Don't know his name.

fireman1
11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Ive never seen Giddings play so I do not know alot about them but Wharton I do know about and I know that they will not give up. and Wharton likes being the underdog because the win is much better as an underdog

Eagles52
11-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I think so long as Giddings keeps themselves focused on taking the playoffs one game at a time, and prepare themselves well for this week only instead of listening to everyone talk about having a deep run into the playoffs or looking to potential matchups in upcoming rounds, then they will win handily. I haven't seen this year's Wharton team play, but they're always athletic, though in the past seemed undisciplined. You can not beat Giddings if your defense isn't disciplined or misses tackles. If Fitzhenry gets one step then it's a TD. I can't tell you how many times in the Hutto game that their defense would hit Fitzhenry hard around the LOS, but not be able to wrap him up and end up giving up 10+ yards (and some long TD's) on the carry. As I said, I haven't seen Wharton this year so I'm not saying that they are undisciplined, but Giddings rushing attack is just too explosive and too hard to contain for the Tigers I think, and they get sent home. Hopefully it's a fun and injury free game and everyone is safe on their travels to and from the game.

wedo
11-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Who has Giddings beaten?

Pudlugger
11-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Who has Giddings beaten?

:confused: You have over a thousand posts on this board since Feb and you don't know who Giddings has beaten? I think you are being sarcastic, right?

Wimberley
Hutto
Midway 4a
La Grange
Bellville
Caldwell

to name 6.

Old Tiger
11-13-2006, 01:40 PM
:confused: You have over a thousand posts on this board since Feb and you don't know who Giddings has beaten? I think you are being sarcastic, right?

Wimberley
Hutto
Midway 4a
La Grange
Bellville
Caldwell

to name 6. They also beat the bye week. It was their closest game.

IHStangFan
11-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Logic tells me Giddings, my gut tells me Wharton makes a game of it though.

wedo
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Wimberley
Hutto
Midway 4a
La Grange
Bellville
Caldwell

to name 6.

No i know nothing about giddings! Why would i want to go look it up when i could just ask someone that knows?

tigerpride_08
11-13-2006, 07:51 PM
anything can happen in playoffs and thats why you get ready for the game...

Pudlugger
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
No i know nothing about giddings! Why would i want to go look it up when i could just ask someone that knows?

Well because Giddings has been discussed so extensely on the board and are ranked 2nd in state I find it odd that you haven't noticed. That's all.;)

wannabgobbler08
11-13-2006, 10:21 PM
I think Giddings will win. and I don't think it will b very close.

Bull19
11-13-2006, 10:30 PM
GIDDINGS WINS BIG 21+

hutex04
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Giddings 42-10

LogieJoeBean001
11-14-2006, 06:27 AM
Wharton took on Cuero last year and the year before. Cuero was ranked #1 both years, I believe. Wharton lost both years by only one. Never count the Tigers out, am I right Cuero fans?

Believe you me, they'll continue to play with all the heart they have all season long. Not too shabby for a team that was picked to finish no better than fourth in district at the beginning of the season (Wharton), and picked to only win 4 of it's 10 games! 7-3 with losses only to Barbers Hill, El Campo and Sweeny.

Tiger3
11-14-2006, 09:57 AM
It is going to be hard for Wharton and this is coming from a Wharton fan. If we can find a way to slow down their running attack, which run defense is not our strong suit, we have a chance. Now that is a big "If" and is not easily done as this season has shown, but the Wharton players have shown a lot of heart and will come to play and hopefully pull off the huge upset. Anything can happen!!!

snakebite
11-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I have seen Giddings play this season and they are an excellent team! I was talking to some of the people from Giddings when I went over there and they told me that when I was there (when they played Navasota) that they don't throw the ball alot, but against Navasota they did (Got in some practice!!) Anyways, Giddings is going to be hard to stop on the ground as they have amazing talent and a good group of guys! I hope that Giddings makes it to the state game and if by some chance they don't I hope that they lose to someone who has just as much heart, soul, and game as they do! GOOD LUCK GIDDINGS!

fireman1
11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
So would you say that Wharton has as much heart, soul, and game as Giddings if Wharton wins or would it be cause of an off game by Giddings?

wedo
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Doesn't the winner of this game get WOS more than likely?

Pudlugger
11-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Yep!

wedo
11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Yep!

Round 2 doesn't look good for either team!

Gobbla2001
11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Dunno if this was posted already or not, but from Today's Victoria Advocate:

"EXTRA EFFORT

Wharton coach Russell Roberts doesn't bother to tell his team to play hard for four quarters because he knows sometimes it has to play longer.

The Tigers went into overtime three times during District 24-3A play, the most recent being their 29-21 playoff clinching victory at Needville last Friday night.

Roberts had a team finish with three ties when he was an assistant coach before overtime was instituted by the UIL, but this was the first time he's coached in three overtime games in a season. The Tigers had a 2-1 record in those games.

Wharton scored with 2 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter against Needville on a 20-yard pass from Joel Ansley to Kenneth Phynon but missed the extra point. The Tigers got the ball first in overtime and Ansley threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to Jamail Shelton on the first play and hooked up with Xavier Jackson for the two-point conversion. Wharton clinched the win when Donalton Haynes recovered a fumbled snap.

"I don't know why we were so unsuccessful in the third and fourth quarters and so successful at the end," said Roberts, whose team didn't score in the second half until the game-tying touchdown. "I think the players were pressing too hard trying to get huge gains. We were going for the goal line instead of the sticks. And to be honest, I think the coaches got too conservative.

"I don't know why but playing all out just seems to be the way this team is," Roberts added. "They play like their hair is on fire and they're going 90 miles per hour. It's kind of chancy and risky but that's the way it is."

Roberts attributes Wharton's late-game success to the experience it gained playing 7-on-7 during the summer.

"The kids are used to having to come back," Roberts said. "We can't play consistent defense because our kids are so small. We just don't have the physical size to stop people all the time. But we saw in 7-on-7 that we could come back."

Wharton's reward for finishing second in district is the second seed in Division II and a bi-district meeting against undefeated Giddings, which was ranked No. 3 in the Associated Press poll. Roberts previously coached at Giddings.

"I'm sure there are a lot of people in Giddings anxious to play us," Roberts joked.

tigerpride_08
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM
never count us tigers out!!!...but sometimes those people who talk down drive you to play better...;)

fireman1
11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
never count us tigers out!!!...but sometimes those people who talk down drive you to play better..
so come Friday you should be ready to get in on every play right

JakefootballGOD
11-14-2006, 08:57 PM
come on guys...your gut feeling, yes you must have eaten some rotten food for lunch then...geeze giddings has beaten some of the best teams in the state

Wimberly by 21
Hutto by 15
La Grange by 8
Waco Midway by 38...which is 4a
Houston Kashmere by 48...which is 5a
Bellville by 7

So i don't care what your gut feeling or your small tiny brain thinks the buffaloes win BIG....

giddings 49
warton 14

fireman1
11-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD

So i don't care what your gut feeling or your small tiny brain thinks the buffaloes win BIG....

giddings 49
warton 14

well we just have to wait till Friday then right. and you spell Wharton with an "H"

Cameron Crazy
11-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by carter08
As good as Wharton is, Giddings is better Agreed!

scrub c
11-14-2006, 09:14 PM
good luck wharton, no one is giving either one of us much of a chance....

fireman1
11-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by scrub c

yeah good luck to all of D 24 in the playoffs

gato 76
11-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
come on guys...your gut feeling, yes you must have eaten some rotten food for lunch then...geeze giddings has beaten some of the best teams in the state

Wimberly by 21
Hutto by 15
La Grange by 8
Waco Midway by 38...which is 4a
Houston Kashmere by 48...which is 5a
Bellville by 7

giddings 49
warton 14

Wharton pulls the upset Wharton 35
Gettings 31

Uncle Buck
11-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by scrub c

Seems like our 8 Team District just doesnt compare.

buff4life
11-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Wharton pulls the upset Wharton 35
Gettings 31
wow pass the bong this way while your at it

DaRaiderz
11-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
yeah good luck to all of D 24 in the playoffs

You're going to need it. District 23 is very, very good. My predictions:

Giddings wins in a laugher
Bellville is down at halftime, wins by 2 TDs
LaGrange in a tight one

District 23 is pulling out the brooms

Old Tiger
11-14-2006, 11:29 PM
This game is a battle of who will be beat by WO-S :D

wedo
11-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

although im pulling for Wharton to win, id have to agree with you on that!

Peder507
11-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Im pulling for guiddings on this one. I have to represent district 23.

Darren
11-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

This game has been pumped up all year. If Giddings can get past the first round then it should be a good game vs WO-S.

cdlvj
11-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
You're going to need it. District 23 is very, very good. My predictions:

Giddings wins in a laugher
Bellville is down at halftime, wins by 2 TDs
LaGrange in a tight one

District 23 is pulling out the brooms

Probably one of the toughest district in the state. Possible repeat of the 2001 playoffs when LG met Giddings in semis.

If LG gets the breaks.

La Grange did play Giddings the closest and held them to the lowest score in their 10 games.

Good luck Leps and Buffs. And Bellville.

Pudlugger
11-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Massey has D23 rated 4th and D24 rated 16th out of 32 districts. D18 is rated 1st with LH, Hutto,Cameron Taylor and Rockdale.

The Leps will need to step it up a notch or two now if they want to advance. I don't see them blowing anyone out right now but they can find a way to win like they have done so many times this season. I don't even want to think about games beyond Sweeny 'cause that is the focus now.:)

fireman1
11-15-2006, 12:49 PM
yea teams cant look ahead because these games are not a given

Tiger3
11-15-2006, 02:42 PM
The way everyone is talking Wharton should not even play the game b/c on paper and in the standings Giddings is just that much better. It will be a very hard game to win, but I have seen much stranger things happen. Like Texas losing to Kansas State.

fireman1
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
yeah Wharton will be K State this game although it will be tough for the Tigers

wedo
11-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiger3
The way everyone is talking Wharton should not even play the game b/c on paper and in the standings Giddings is just that much better. It will be a very hard game to win, but I have seen much stranger things happen. Like Texas losing to Kansas State.

the only difference is that Texas lost their starting QB! yeah yeah i know its a team game but right now Colt has that MOJO to him, the same could be said about Joel and Jamal, without them Wharton loses their MOJO!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Probably one of the toughest district in the state. Possible repeat of the 2001 playoffs when LG met Giddings in semis.

La Grange did play Giddings the closest.

Didnt LG loss by 7 to Giddings?

tigerpride_08
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Darren
This game has been pumped up all year. If Giddings can get past the first round then it should be a good game vs WO-S.

who says Giddings is just gonna walk over us...please don't forget that we don't give up easily!!!...we've been in a situation like this and we've came out on top...so this isn't new to us...

carter08
11-15-2006, 09:20 PM
who says Giddings is just gonna walk over us...please don't forget that we don't give up easily!!!...we've been in a situation like this and we've came out on top...so this isn't new to us...

Giddings is a more complete team. Remember, Wharton couldn't beat the Mighty Bulldogs. How will they beat Giddings.

fireman1
11-15-2006, 09:21 PM
the only difference is that Texas lost their starting QB!
at the beginning of the season both Colt and Snead were fighting for the starting position

tigerpride_08
11-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Giddings is a more complete team. Remember, Wharton couldn't beat the Mighty Bulldogs. How will they beat Giddings.

there was several factors that lead to that lost but i know we should have won...we were 1 point away from a district championship....yes we lost but we bounced back and won our final 2 games...we've played a tough pre-district to be ready for game situations like this...we'll be ready for the challenge...

Darren
11-16-2006, 12:37 AM

Tigerpride,

I was not trying to lesson Wharton's achievements or try in anyway to say that this game will be a cake walk. The fact is that every team will be tough from this point forward. There are no weak teams in the playoffs.

Wharton earned the right to enter into the playoffs and this will be a great game. People have been hyping up the WO-S game all year long as the game that Giddings will lose but we will just have to see if both WO-S and Giddings make it to the second round before we discuss it again.

Good luck to all

Play hard Buffs

LogieJoeBean001
11-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Tigerpride,

I just want to say good luck to all of "my boys" from your number one fan! I'm so proud of you guys. My boy will be taking the field with you guys and he told me that all he has wanted all year was the opportunity to be able to play with #3, #9, #56, and #44. It has been his dream and it is finally coming true.

Hold on to this...What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see..

Good luck Tigerpride and to all of the Wharton Tigers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Probably one of the toughest district in the state.

La Grange did play Giddings the closest and held them to the lowest score .

Bellville lost by 7
La Grange lost by 8
I would say Bellville played the the closest. One whole point closer.:D

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville lost by 7
La Grange lost by 8
I would say Bellville played the the closest. One whole point closer.:D

Right! My mistake. That was such a nailbiter too. Good luck Friday.:)

wharton_tiger_bigstix
11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I had a visual last night that the score to this game was tied at 14. Giddings had the ball and fumbled at Wharton 1 yard line. Number 66 of the tigers comes in and scoops up the fumble and returns it for 99 yards for a touchdown the kicker comes in and attempts a field goal he kicks the center right in the buttocks. Tigers win. I don't know if this was an actual visual or just the bud light but it was something. Good luck Wharton from them 06 mexicans. Play hard
p.s. i would give anything to just go practice one more time

#66 Joe Gutierrez number one fan!!!!!choo choo

Bellville22
11-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Expect a shootout here!

Giddings 52
Wharton 38

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Expect a shootout here!

Giddings 52
Wharton 38

Wharton must have a powerful offense if they could score 38 on the Buffs.

fireman1
11-16-2006, 04:54 PM

Wharton has the ability to score on anyone

Tiger3
11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm not saying Wharton will score 38 on Giddings, but lets just say that the offense is not what I'm worried about.

chaingang
11-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Before anyone throws us(WOS) in the mix, lets win the first one. We will respect either Giddings or Wharton the same. This is the playoffs!!!! That means there is no next week if you have a "bad" game. We know better from '03. Good luck to both teams and hopefully we will see one of yall.

To the players: Playoffs are a special time, not many schools get to experience this. I have been fortunate to play all my varsity years in the playoffs. PLAY EACH GAME LIKE ITS YOUR LAST ONE!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing worse than losing knowing you didnt give it 110%;)

Pudlugger
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Before anyone throws us(WOS) in the mix, lets win the first one. We will respect either Giddings or Wharton the same. This is the playoffs!!!! That means there is no next week if you have a "bad" game. We know better from '03. Good luck to both teams and hopefully we will see one of yall.

To the players: Playoffs are a special time, not many schools get to experience this. I have been fortunate to play all my varsity years in the playoffs. PLAY EACH GAME LIKE ITS YOUR LAST ONE!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing worse than losing knowing you didnt give it 110%;)

So true.

wedo
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM

To all seniors out there Cherish everyplay! Because if your not going to play at the next level, and you lose in the playoffs that is one of the worst feeling you could ever feel ! Good Luck ! Tiger Pride!

buff4life
11-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
Wharton has the ability to score on anyone

The Giddings Defense isn't just anyone...i'm sry...look out for the lbs...they'll hit you hard

Bull's-eye
11-17-2006, 12:51 AM
I won't be surprised if Giddings blows out Wharton.

Giddings 38
Wharton 14

g$$
11-17-2006, 02:26 AM
I say 41-20 Final
Giddings wins

I hope I am wrong Wharton, good luck.

LogieJoeBean001
11-17-2006, 06:42 AM
Wharton Tigers...you face a challenge tonight but one that is not impossible. Now more than ever guard against what you say and think. Do not let any negative or destructive words, or thoughts come your way, allow only the positive. Giddings is your Goliath, your mountain. Do as David did and defeat your Goliath. Don't talk about the problem...talk about the solution.

I leave you with this...Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it shall be granted him.

Good luck tonight. We all are behind you 110%!

GO BIG BLUE!

Bellville22
11-17-2006, 08:00 AM

Wharton does indeed have a very potent offense. QB has the ability to turn any play into 6. Very athletic, much like Fitzhenry, and very capable of beating you with his arm as well.

grunter
11-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Wharton has a good chance. And probably will win the game.

necks_c/09
11-17-2006, 08:54 AM
as much as i want wharton to win i jus think that giddings rushing attack is too much for a mediocre wharton run defense.

buff4life
11-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Wharton Tigers...you face a challenge tonight but one that is not impossible. Now more than ever guard against what you say and think. Do not let any negative or destructive words, or thoughts come your way, allow only the positive. Giddings is your Goliath, your mountain. Do as David did and defeat your Goliath. Don't talk about the problem...talk about the solution.

I leave you with this...Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it shall be granted him.

Good luck tonight. We all are behind you 110%!

GO BIG BLUE!

wow thanks for the touching speech...its almost brought a tear to my eye......o wait i did because its so pathetic

buff4life
11-17-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by grunter
Wharton has a good chance. And probably will win the game.

wow grunter....pass the bong this way please....maybe i can see it too

fireman1
11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Game day, Good luck Wharton.. just take it one play at a time and someone step up and take charge of the team talk to your young players and settle them down before everyplay.. if you make a mistake let it go. This is going to ba a very difficult game dont think anyone has the advantage even though Giddings is ranked we had close games with alot of ranked oppenents. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT !!!

wedo
11-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Everyone from Wharton leave by 4 or 4:30 so you can beat that horriable Friday afternoon Houston Traffic! Or you aint gonna make it on time!

necks_c/09
11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Good luck wharton high...

you got you work cut out for you, stop their qb.

chaingang
11-17-2006, 11:13 AM
wow thanks for the touching speech...its almost brought a tear to my eye......o wait i did because its so pathetic

buff, why dont you be a little more humble? Trust me, someone WILL humble your team. If you dont watch it, you will end up where you left off last year.............playing basketball in November!;)

KL3
11-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Giddings 45
Wharton 21

Wharton has scored over 40 points only 3 times all year and that came against the 3 worst teams they played, Columbus, Stafford, and Brookshire. The only defenses they've played that is on Giddings level is El Campo and Barbers Hill and they held Wharton to 8 and 6 points, although those were games 1 and 3 of the season.

chugbug
11-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Giddings will kick the Dawgs$%t out of Wharton.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

whtfbplaya
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Well finally it's put up or shut up time!:hand: :clap:

buff4life
11-17-2006, 05:22 PM
buff, why dont you be a little more humble? Trust me, someone WILL humble your team. If you dont watch it, you will end up where you left off last year.............playing basketball in November!;)

sorry it was a speech that the players needed to hear...not a bunch of people on this message board

but we'll see...we'll see if its the WOS or someone later

chaingang
11-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I understand. I just know what happens when you get overconfident. Ask us(WOS) about Silsbee '98 or Huffman '03.