PDA

View Full Version : Graham vs. Dalhart at Shotwell

VWG
11-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Sat. @ 7:30PM in Abilene

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Sat. @ 7:30PM in Abilene Your tottaly sure?

VWG
11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Your tottaly sure?

Yep.

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Yep. we play perryton. and hirshci plays dalhart in WF!

wildstangs
11-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow...Thats a long trip for Dalhart.

MarginalTalent
11-11-2006, 12:03 PM
One of the Graham players says Graham vs Dalhart at Abilene at either 4:00 or 7:30 depending on whether ACU wins today and qualifies for NCAAs

wildstangs
11-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
we play perryton. and hirshci plays dalhart in WF!

Hirshi went big school man. Seems like Oklahoma City would have been more central to Graham and Dalhart.

Cameron Crazy
11-11-2006, 12:05 PM
ok ok now i understand the local news last night was saying all that mess about hirschi and dalhart..my bad sorry everyone!

Adidas410s
11-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I can't believe they are going to play Saturday night. The senior musical in Graham is Saturday night and close to half the senior class is in the show. I sure hope Graham wins this one so that the seniors don't miss their last game.

Then again...with as much love as a lot of people in Graham have for McCoy he may have never been aware of this. :(

MarginalTalent
11-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Addidas

They could hardly ask Dalhart to drive halfway across this great state on a Friday and UIL won't let you play Sunday. I don't think Mr. McCoy was trying to dis anyone. It would not have been fair to their fans who have to make that drive either.

Plus: It's Texas and it's football playoff season. These things will happen.

But never fear,
Dalhart will not
defeat the Steer.

The musical seniors will see them
Against Clyde or Sanger
in a playoff gem!

Adidas410s
11-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
Addidas

They could hardly ask Dalhart to drive halfway across this great state on a Friday and UIL won't let you play Sunday. I don't think Mr. McCoy was trying to dis anyone. It would not have been fair to their fans who have to make that drive either.

Plus: It's Texas and it's football playoff season. These things will happen.

But never fear,
Dalhart will not
defeat the Steer.

The musical seniors will see them
Against Clyde or Sanger
in a playoff gem!

Yeah after I wrote that the distance of travel occured to me but I just now got back to the thread. Either way...it stinks for those kids. My younger brother is one of the leads in the musical and also one of the most vocal students at the game so I know that he's torn between the two right now.

VWG
11-11-2006, 03:04 PM
You can't play football on Sunday... but you can have a musical on Sunday.

DukeNukem
11-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I can't believe they are going to play Saturday night. The senior musical in Graham is Saturday night and close to half the senior class is in the show. I sure hope Graham wins this one so that the seniors don't miss their last game.

Then again...with as much love as a lot of people in Graham have for McCoy he may have never been aware of this. :(

musical or football? hmmm? which one to choose? bah!!!! are you freaking serious? i don't know how they feel in graham, but in real west texas or most of texas for that matter, that musical will just have to reschedule. musicians aka band nerds and theater arts aka drama queens, are crazy if they think they are more important than football in this great state.

RMAC
11-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
musical or football? hmmm? which one to choose? bah!!!! are you freaking serious? i don't know how they feel in graham, but in real west texas or most of texas for that matter, that musical will just have to reschedule. musicians aka band nerds and theater arts aka drama queens, are crazy if they think they are more than football in this great state.

Don't be such a stereotype. My younger brother is the lead actor in that musical. Maybe you and handinthedirt should hang out. Will they reschedule, yes, half the people in the play are either in football or trainers, cheerleaders, etc.

Adidas410s
11-11-2006, 07:04 PM
musical or football? hmmm? which one to choose? bah!!!! are you freaking serious? i don't know how they feel in graham, but in real west texas or most of texas for that matter, that musical will just have to reschedule. musicians aka band nerds and theater arts aka drama queens, are crazy if they think they are more than football in this great state.

what RMAC said...you have to be a freakin' moron. There are football players, cheerleaders, band members etc that are part of the musical and thus they can't be in both. There was already a show on Saturday AND on Sunday as well. I think they should've just told Dalhart to drive on Friday HA! That being said...they are moving the show to Friday night and then another on Sunday afternoon.

Oh and one other thing......

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

DukeNukem
11-11-2006, 07:17 PM
don't get your feathers all ruffled. heck i was part of a state-qualifying one-act play, but to think the kids and town are more concerned about the musical than a playoff football game is hilarious imho. when i was playing, i did not care one bit about things like that come playoff time. it was all about football. nothing more, nothing less.

Adidas410s
11-11-2006, 08:02 PM
don't get your feathers all ruffled. heck i was part of a state-qualifying one-act play, but to think the kids and town are more concerned about the musical than a playoff football game is hilarious imho. when i was playing, i did not care one bit about things like that come playoff time. it was all about football. nothing more, nothing less.

Who said that the town cares more about the musical than the playoff? I simply said that it would cause a problem because a lot of the kids were a part of both of them.

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 08:14 PM

I didn't see anything remotely near what you are saying in ANY of these posts on this thread!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RMAC
11-11-2006, 10:34 PM

:clap: So you're calling yourself a band nerd/drama queen? If you want to make a point contradicting yourself isn't the best way to do it.:rolleyes: