PDA

View Full Version : District 23 vs District 24 1st round.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2006, 02:03 AM
How will 23 come out vs 24?
I think this will be the match-ups.
#3 Giddings vs Wharton-Friday Tomball
#9 Bellville vs West Columbia-Friday Rhodes Stadium, Katy
La Grange vs Sweeny- Friday Strake Jesuit, Houston

carter08
11-11-2006, 02:09 AM
2-1
Giddings wins
La Grange Wins
Bellville loses

Peder507
11-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Bellville, La Grange and Guiddings all win. All the teams in district 23 know how to represent with heart

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2006, 10:50 AM
23 sould go 3-0 vs 24, Bellville has to forget the 3rd game win over Columbia, because they will be a very differant team.

IHStangFan
11-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Bellville, Giddings, Sweeny

Pudlugger
11-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Sweeny will be tough but I think the Leps will pull out the win. D23 should go 3-0.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Sweeny will be tough but I think the Leps will pull out the win. D23 should go 3-0.

Swenny is the #1 seed?

Antec
11-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Sweeny has a great player in Tank Carder.
Hes a tough runner and great kicker

Tommy Zajicek's son is QB, Sweeny has a lot of size

The Bulldogs will win this one with no trouble. They would be undefeated if they didnt have early season injuries, losing to Santa Fe and Brazosport.

They beat Columbia, and Needville and Wharton In OT

carter08
11-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I reallt don't think Sweeny can suceed with that QB.
No offense to him, but the team IS Tank Carder.
Shut him down and its a blowout

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Antec

The Bulldogs will win this one with no trouble. They would be undefeated if they didnt have early season injuries, losing to Santa Fe and Brazosport.

On the bright side for La Grange, their starting mlbs that have been out with injuries the last few games are now healthy and back. The Leps have done pretty well against some hoss running backs this season from Luling, Giddings, Caldwell, Bellville and Navasota (arranged in chronological order here). I think the Lep D will surprise folks. They are 11th overall in defense in 3a according to Massey. Sweeny will be running into the Lep strength on D. The big question will be how effective the Bulldog D will be against the Lep offense. The key to this game will IMO be which defense prevails.

scrub c
11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by carter08

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.
Tank Carder #14 is a 1 man gang. contain him and you beat sWeEny. Thing is, many have tried and failed... Bring your A game or swenny will beat you.

pololdb
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Sweeny will have a tough game against LaGrange. The success of the Bulldogs will depend on their defense, and the coaches ability to establish some type of passing game. It's easy to defend when they only run 6 plays.

buff4life
11-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Antec

has sweeny beat any notable teams??....any teams in the top 15 in state?

Pudlugger
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by pololdb
Sweeny will have a tough game against LaGrange. The success of the Bulldogs will depend on their defense, and the coaches ability to establish some type of passing game. It's easy to defend when they only run 6 plays.

Defense will be the key for both teams it seems.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Bellville and La Grange will have tough games this 1st round, no runaways here.

LogieJoeBean001
11-14-2006, 06:18 AM

Agree, one man team...Tank Carder. If Wharton had run more time off the clock at the end of the game, the Wharton-Sweeny game would never have gone into OT, with Wharton taking it, and the fact that a PAT or two were missed by Wharton.

Shut Carder down and the game belongs to the Leps!

Pudlugger
11-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Agree, one man team...Tank Carder. If Wharton had run more time off the clock at the end of the game, the Wharton-Sweeny game would never have gone into OT, with Wharton taking it, and the fact that a PAT or two were missed by Wharton.

Shut Carder down and the game belongs to the Leps!

The Leps have faced 5 teams that featured both big and physical backs (Jarmon from Giddings and Abbs from Bellville), fast and shifty backs (Fitzhenry from Giddings and Harris from Bellville), and big physical fast and shifty backs (everyone from Caldwell, the hoss from Luling and that big soph #22 from Navasota).

How would Carder fit in here? Is he big, fast and shifty, or both? (Big means over 200 lbs).

Pudlugger
11-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Sweeny folks, tell us a litle more about your team. Carder in particular. Size wt. running style etc. Does Sweeny throw the football much? What formation do they like on O? Come-on give it up!:D

wedo
11-14-2006, 06:54 PM

Nobody can shut down Tank! He is unstopable!

Sweeny, Wharton, Bellville win!

Bull19
11-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Nobody can shut down Tank! He is unstopable!

Sweeny, Wharton, Bellville win!

I HAVE TO DISAGREE. I THINK 23 MAKES A SWEEP. JUST WAY TOO STRONG. I THINK D-24 I WAY WAY OVERRATED. SAW A FEW GAMES FROM THAT DISTRICT AND WAS NOT AT ALL IMPRESSED.

Pudlugger
11-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Sweeny folks, tell us a litle more about your team. Carder in particular. Size wt. running style etc. Does Sweeny throw the football much? What formation do they like on O? Come-on give it up!:D

Still waiting? :dispntd:

tigerpride_08
11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
i wouldn't be surprised of a couple of upsets...;)

fireman1
11-14-2006, 09:24 PM
agreed tigerpride some upsets are likely

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
agreed tigerpride some upsets are likely

What are the Harris picks? Im sure Giddings and Bellville will be picked, just becaues they are rated in the top 10 by Harris, but by how much? Not sure on the La Grange game who will be the underdog.

BrahmaDAD70
11-14-2006, 10:25 PM
No disrespect to Dist. 24 but the 3 dist. 23 teams
just kicked the crap out each other this season
and you know what they say.
What does'nt kill ya will make you stronger.
3-0 would not be a stretch but more than likely
it will be 2-1 best 2 out of 3 and im sure Caldwell
would have loved to be in the mix.
Good luck to all teams.

Pudlugger
11-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Sweeny has the best shot for a win in this district matchup. I hope the Leps step it up a level for the playoffs because they were flat last week against Navasota, at least the offense was. The coaches have done a terrific job preparing the Leps this season, especially in the big games. I am still waiting for that breakout game where the Leps put it together in all aspects of the game: offense; defense and special teams. This would be a good time for that. Go Leps!!!:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Sweeny has the best shot for a win in this district matchup. :D

I will say Columbia has a good shot also, Bellville had some players limping after the 5 min. 26 point comeback vs Caldwell.
Bellville will not be 100% for this one, I hope the injuries are not going to effect the Brahmas to much.

g$$
11-15-2006, 08:52 PM

Sure thing. Ricky "Tank" Carder is all-out in everything he does. There is no 1/2 way with him. Heck of an athlete in football, basketball, & baseball (all county & all district in each, all state in football as junior). Plays FB, LB, K, & P for Sweeny. Occasionally TE & QB too, some would say drives the bus as well!! Being recruited by many D1 schools as an ATH/LB currently. He is fun to watch, high motor sideline to sideline & loves to hit people in the mouth. Punishing, physical runner w/ 4.6 speed. He loves contact. 6'3" 205 lbs. Great kid, know him well. (Josh Fields will also get some time at FB as both go both ways. Another thumper but Tank is faster.)

Brandon Smith is the shifty runner & leading rusher. QB Marsh Zajicek is very steady, not the flashy type (son of coach). Receiving corps is decent. O-line is pretty big. Defense is fast & aggressive. Kicking game is big weapon for Sweeny w/ Carder. He has made 48 yarder in a game & 55 in practice. Big leg.

Multiple on offense, will throw it some. QB is still not 100% from injury. They will go I, split backs, pro, slot, twins, etc. Sweeny wants to run the football but can pass it enough to keep you honest.

QB was injured the 1st game early, & Sweeny lost 2 close games (1 in OT). He returned in the 3rd game & they have not lost since. Very steady & makes good decisions with the ball.

Coach Zajicek in Sweeny has brought the program back after a down few years when he was in administration. Overall coaching record is 109-45-7 (around 70%). He & staff do a great job & we are lucky to have him back. Hope that helps. Your turn...

(Pud: I responded to you in our discussion on the other thread for Columbia / Bellville. Check it out).

BrahmaDAD70
11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
I havent heard anything from out of camp.
The usual bumps and bruises
but ive been hearing that the last few weeks.
Cooper is the only one that I know that is out.

carter08
11-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sure thing. Ricky "Tank" Carder is all-out in everything he does. There is no 1/2 way with him. Heck of an athlete in football, basketball, & baseball (all county & all district in each, all state in football as junior). Plays FB, LB, K, & P for Sweeny. Occasionally TE & QB too, some would say drives the bus as well!! Being recruited by many D1 schools as an ATH/LB currently. He is fun to watch, high motor sideline to sideline & loves to hit people in the mouth. Punishing, physical runner w/ 4.6 speed. He loves contact. 6'3" 205 lbs. Great kid, know him well. (Josh Fields will also get some time at FB as both go both ways. Another thumper but Tank is faster.)

Brandon Smith is the shifty runner & leading rusher. QB Marsh Zajicek is very steady, not the flashy type (son of coach). Receiving corps is decent. O-line is pretty big. Defense is fast & aggressive. Kicking game is big weapon for Sweeny w/ Carder. He has made 48 yarder in a game & 55 in practice. Big leg.

Multiple on offense, will throw it some. QB is still not 100% from injury. They will go I, split backs, pro, slot, twins, etc. Sweeny wants to run the football but can pass it enough to keep you honest.

QB was injured the 1st game early, & Sweeny lost 2 close games (1 in OT). He returned in the 3rd game & they have not lost since. Very steady & makes good decisions with the ball.

Coach Zajicek in Sweeny has brought the program back after a down few years when he was in administration. Overall coaching record is 109-45-7 (around 70%). He & staff do a great job & we are lucky to have him back. Hope that helps. Your turn...

(Pud: I responded to you in our discussion on the other thread for Columbia / Bellville. Check it out).

Stop trying to sugar coat it
Stop Tank Carder and you stop Sweeny
He is the team

g$$
11-15-2006, 08:56 PM
I think:

Bellville wins in a squeaker over WC
Sweeny wins a close one too over LG
Giddings wins big over Wharton

so 2-1 for 23-3A

g$$
11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Stop trying to sugar coat it
Stop Tank Carder and you stop Sweeny
He is the team

I said he "drives the bus as well" Carter, so that is not sugarcoating it. Learn what that term means buddy.

Sweeny needs Tank to perform well, but football is a team game any way you slice it. TZ will have them ready.

GATA Dogs!

tigerpride_08
11-15-2006, 09:13 PM
so no one thinks us tigers can pull the upset...geez...wheres the help at carter...:confused:

carter08
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
dude
its Giddings
who beat Wimberley
and we Columbia fans remember Wimberley.
62-7 :(

If Wimberley can't beat Giddings, Wharton can't either.

But Good Luck :D

tigerpride_08
11-15-2006, 09:26 PM
dude
its Giddings
who beat Wimberley
and we Columbia fans remember Wimberley.
62-7 :(

If Wimberley can't beat Giddings, Wharton can't either.

But Good Luck :D

no faith...but we beat columbia also...:p

Uncle Buck
11-18-2006, 03:10 AM
Columbia over Bellville

Sweeny over La Grange

Giddings over Wharton

24- 2 Wins
23 - 1 win

Its like meat loaf says....."02 outa 3 aint bad"

Especially for 2 teams from a weak district.

g$$
11-18-2006, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I think:

Bellville wins in a squeaker over WC
Sweeny wins a close one too over LG
Giddings wins big over Wharton

so 2-1 for 23-3A

I was WRONG, & darn happy about it too! Good job 24-3A.

How does crow taste? Maybe like chicken?

Of course Flannel is "overrated" too!