Passing:
WO-S: 13-18-1, 110 yards (1 TD)
BC: 0-8-1 (0 TD)

First downs:
WO-S: 29
BC: 6

GS#17
11-11-2006, 01:25 AM
WOS gave up one big play, but that was about it. BC gave a good effort -- this just wasn't their year.

GS#17
11-11-2006, 02:09 AM
Paratrooper, I know you wanted to post this, but I'm going to steal your thunder.... Any chance this thread will go 5 pages? ;)

WOS87
11-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Another interesting, useless fact about this game: It was the 30th consecutive game that WO-S has scored 20 points or more.

WOS1
11-11-2006, 11:28 AM
The "Chain Gang" defense played a GREAT game with the exception of the one 54 yard TD run. The rest of the game BC had 94 total yards. I think the D is ready...

Paratrooper
11-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Paratrooper, I know you wanted to post this, but I'm going to steal your thunder.... Any chance this thread will go 5 pages? ;)

You guys did do great last night. WOS year in and year out have great teams and their JV, freshman and 8th grade look to continue these winning ways. I look for WOS dominance for about the next 5 years with everyone else trying to catch up.

However, saying all of this - this should get you guys going. There is a legit reason that WOS wins and has these great teams. The reason WOS has great teams year in and year out is not because of great coaching or anything else. You get some of the best players that Orange County has to offer. LCM gets depleted as well as others. I don't think many teams can compete with the "acquiring" of the best talent in a county. Actually I have been waiting on the UIL for years to investigate it but it probably will not happen. The superstars you do have actually come from some of the 4A teams in Orange as well in Louisiana. You may have one that is home grown but the vast majority come from other schools. Other schools just can't compete with that.

So is this enough to get you guys going on a Saturday? :D

GS#17
11-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Yes, you've caught us. Don't forget, we also have a few ex-Dallas Cowboy defensive linemen, a tackle from the Patriots, and Reggie Bush at RB/returner. :crazy:

Paratrooper
11-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes, you've caught us. Don't forget, we also have a few ex-Dallas Cowboy defensive linemen, a tackle from the Patriots, and Reggie Bush at RB/returner. :crazy:

lol.....no just pointing out that Thomas and White originally were from LCM. Seems only the best players that LCM has just happen to move over to WOS. I will have to do some research and see what kind of a pattern I can come up with this. This doesn't just fall on this year but other years as well. I will get back to ya.

Most 3A teams cycle through good years and bad as some classes are more talented than others. However, it seems that this isn't the case with WOS and then by luck the best players from LCM that are top prospects for college football just happen to move to WOS.

Crimestick
11-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Actually, Thomas was from WO-S before he transferred to LC-M for ONE year. He moved back the next year. His mom worked at LCM and that allowed him to move there. This is a pretty well-known tidbit. Perhaps you should try to "research" a bit more thoroughly. Again - most people know this.

So there you go. Shot down on count 1.

Ladarius White also lived in WOCCISD. Our other superstars are Andre Bevil, Jacoby Franks and Depauldrick Garrett. My mom taught two of them in the second grade. The other went to school with someone I know since K.

You're talking out of your rear yet again.

Make sure when you do your research that you note that LC-M's starting RB this year came from WO-S, as did their starting RB last year. Also note that Central's QB, Brandon Williams, recently transferred from WO-S as did RB Morris Thomas.

Kids DO transfer from place to place pretty commonly. I realize that few of these players transfer to BC, but there's a pretty commonly-known reason for that, too, which has nothing to do with the football team. In the interest of avoiding impropriety, I will not name it here. Anyone around here knows it.

GS#17
11-11-2006, 04:04 PM
It's actually the other way around, PT. Thomas and his family live in the West Orange school district, but his mom works in little cypress (which is why he was eligible to attend school and play there). He went there for a year -- when we were having our "down years" (you may remember the 3 years of non-playoff appearances) -- but came back when he learned Coach Thompson was returning. As for White, he had lived in the WO school district, but attended little cypress. He also was "originally" from WOS, but went to school at little cypress for a while before returning to his classmates. I know you're just trying to stir the pot, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape on the issue. :)

On another note, I was surprised BC didn't make it to the postseason -- I guess the ball just didn't bounce their way this year. I was hoping Orange County could send more than 1 team to the playoffs this year. Hopefully, we'll send 3 from this district next year.

Paratrooper
11-11-2006, 07:34 PM
It's actually the other way around, PT. Thomas and his family live in the West Orange school district, but his mom works in little cypress (which is why he was eligible to attend school and play there). He went there for a year -- when we were having our "down years" (you may remember the 3 years of non-playoff appearances) -- but came back when he learned Coach Thompson was returning. As for White, he had lived in the WO school district, but attended little cypress. He also was "originally" from WOS, but went to school at little cypress for a while before returning to his classmates. I know you're just trying to stir the pot, so I'm not going to get bent out of shape on the issue. :)

On another note, I was surprised BC didn't make it to the postseason -- I guess the ball just didn't bounce their way this year. I was hoping Orange County could send more than 1 team to the playoffs this year. Hopefully, we'll send 3 from this district next year.

Well, my hat is off to you GS 17......I couldn't get you guys to go 5 pages......but I tried......LOL :D :D

Crimestick
11-11-2006, 07:55 PM
He's not going to acknowledge that he's wrong about White and Thomas. I just thought I'd point that out.

tam
11-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
lol.....no just pointing out that Thomas and White originally were from LCM. Seems only the best players that LCM has just happen to move over to WOS. I will have to do some research and see what kind of a pattern I can come up with this. This doesn't just fall on this year but other years as well. I will get back to ya.

Most 3A teams cycle through good years and bad as some classes are more talented than others. However, it seems that this isn't the case with WOS and then by luck the best players from LCM that are top prospects for college football just happen to move to WOS.

I see Trooper is going from forum to forum proving that he is a misinformed idiot. He's going everywhere trying to lead people to believe that Wo-s is gettin everybody elses best players. lol that's laughable. Lcm is getting more of Wo-s players than vice versa. Players from Wo-s go to Lcm when they know that they can't get much playing time as underclassmen, but then they return when they get to being Juniors or Seniors. So get your information straight. I know Earl Thomas's family, his parents graduated from Wo-s along with his aunts and uncles and his parents have always lived in Wo-s school district. The only reason he left was because his mother worked for Lcm school district and that's the only way you can go to Lcm if you don't live in their district.

I'll tell ya'll Troopers real problem. He's probably an ex player who faced Wo-s many times and got his butt handed to him along with the rest of his team. He probably still has a shoe print in his chest from when a Wo-s player stepped on it on their way to the endzone and now his feelings is still hurt twenty years later. He really wanted to play for Wo-s, but was frustrated because he knew he wasn't good enough. He wanted to play for Wo-s because he felt that maybe he would get some college scouts to notice him and he would get a scholarship to some bigtime D1 school and he knew he wouldn't get that by playing for his high school cause they don't consistantly make the playoffs. So his dream was shattered and now he's hating on Wo-s and making up strories about them to help him feel better about his failures.

There's a chair waiting for you next to Dr. Phil, maybe he can help you get over this.

Paratrooper
11-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by tam
I see Trooper is going from forum to forum proving that he is a misinformed idiot. He's going everywhere trying to lead people to believe that Wo-s is gettin everybody elses best players. lol that's laughable. Lcm is getting more of Wo-s players than vice versa. Players from Wo-s go to Lcm when they know that they can't get much playing time as underclassmen, but then they return when they get to being Juniors or Seniors. So get your information straight. I know Earl Thomas's family, his parents graduated from Wo-s along with his aunts and uncles and his parents have always lived in Wo-s school district. The only reason he left was because his mother worked for Lcm school district and that's the only way you can go to Lcm if you don't live in their district.

I'll tell ya'll Troopers real problem. He's probably an ex player who faced Wo-s many times and got his butt handed to him along with the rest of his team. He probably still has a shoe print in his chest from when a Wo-s player stepped on it on their way to the endzone and now his feelings is still hurt twenty years later. He really wanted to play for Wo-s, but was frustrated because he knew he wasn't good enough. He wanted to play for Wo-s because he felt that maybe he would get some college scouts to notice him and he would get a scholarship to some bigtime D1 school and he knew he wouldn't get that by playing for his high school cause they don't consistantly make the playoffs. So his dream was shattered and now he's hating on Wo-s and making up strories about them to help him feel better about his failures.

There's a chair waiting for you next to Dr. Phil, maybe he can help you get over this.

Tam I actually played back before WOS played BC. Believe me I had no desire to play for WOS - BC is a better school district. As far as your rant. Obviously you have never played football at all - "Tam". I just enjoy royally getting your goat. I find great humor in getting about 3 WOS posters fired up to know end.

By the way, WOS on a serious note does get players from other schools. They just always happen to get the best ones.

GS#17
11-12-2006, 10:51 AM
I find great humor in getting about 3 WOS posters fired up to know end.

I think you mean "to no end." Also, your post is missing a few commas, and you used an incomplete sentence ("As far as your rant"). Of course, being from a superior school district, you probably were just testing us. Assuming I'm right and you actually do know how to use proper English, do I get any credit for pointing out all the mistakes (both factual and grammatical errors) in your writing? :p

tam
11-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Tam I actually played back before WOS played BC. Believe me I had no desire to play for WOS - BC is a better school district. As far as your rant. Obviously you have never played football at all - "Tam". I just enjoy royally getting your goat. I find great humor in getting about 3 WOS posters fired up to know end.

By the way, WOS on a serious note does get players from other schools. They just always happen to get the best ones.

Bottom line, you sucked no matter when you played cause your team hasn't done anything and your unable to hide your jealousy.

tam
11-12-2006, 11:20 AM

Lol better school district? so much better that you needed our money to stay afloat. If it wasn't for Woc school district your good district would be having classes in a tent, so a thank you is in order.

Paratrooper
11-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by tam
Lol better school district? so much better that you needed our money to stay afloat. If it wasn't for Woc school district your good district would be having classes in a tent, so a thank you is in order.

Now I know your looney. WOS has the lowest per capita in the entire area. Here are the rankings for the entire state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_locations_by_per_capita_income

409. Bridge City city, Texas $18,290
654. West Orange city, Texas $15,850

Here you go Tam - Lets compare schools. Don't just take my word for it. Here you go -
http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/cs_compare/tx/?area=m&city=Orange&level=h&miles=1000&school_selected=6985&showall=1&sortby=distance&street=P.O.+Box+1107&tab=over&zip=77631

Great schools rated BC a 7.......you guys got a 3 which is the lowest in the area. This site will also tell you a lot about your school and breakdown the demographics.....have fun.

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Perhaps you could name a few of our 2006 players who we got from other districts. I'd appreciate that. I know that Bevil, Thomas, Franks, Garrett, Leblanc, Rhodes all were WO-S from the get-go. I'm not sure of the others because their names aren't thrown around as much. Help me out!

Since you're so adamant about this, I'm expecting an answer. Otherwise, you're pulling it out of your rear.

Remember, Earl Thomas was born and raised in WOCCISD. He spent only one year at LC-M.

For someone from such a superior school district, your English skills leave much to be desired.

Paratrooper
11-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
Perhaps you could name a few of our 2006 players who we got from other districts. I'd appreciate that. I know that Bevil, Thomas, Franks, Garrett, Leblanc, Rhodes all were WO-S from the get-go. I'm not sure of the others because their names aren't thrown around as much. Help me out!

Since you're so adamant about this, I'm expecting an answer. Otherwise, you're pulling it out of your rear.

Remember, Earl Thomas was born and raised in WOCCISD. He spent only one year at LC-M.

For someone from such a superior school district, your English skills leave much to be desired.

Crimestick, buddy, don't get mad. It's all in good fun. However, I will do some research on the topic and see what I come up with.

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Here's an interesting demographic on the site you linked us to.

Here is BC's white/black ethnicity percentages, as compared to the two high schools that act as bookends for BCISD - WO-S and Port Arthur:

Bridge City:
White - 90%
Black - Less than 1%

WO-S:
White - 39%
Black - 56%

Port Arthur:
White - 6%
Black - 62%

WO-S is less than 7 miles from BCHS. PA Memorial is less than 10 miles from BCHS. Interesting, huh?

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Please do. List those "best players" of ours this year and from which school they transferred. Thanks!

Paratrooper
11-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Here's an interesting demographic on the site you linked us to.

Here is BC's white/black ethnicity percentages, as compared to the two high schools that act as bookends for BCISD - WO-S and Port Arthur:

Bridge City:
White - 90%
Black - Less than 1%

WO-S:
White - 39%
Black - 56%

Port Arthur:
White - 6%
Black - 62%

WO-S is less than 7 miles from BCHS. PA Memorial is less than 10 miles from BCHS. Interesting, huh?

Crimestick - Race doesn't really factor in with me. I personally think any child can learn. So what if one pigment of skin is darker than another. What are you trying to say here? It has no bearing on whether a child can learn. I will end my part in this thread because once again you guys are playing the race card. There is one thing I don't do and that is view any person based off of the color of their skin. I firmly believe in the ability of a person versus lumping folks by the pigment of their skin. It really is one of the biggest problems in America. We have compartmentalized folks as African American, Asian American, or Hispanic American.........try just American.

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Yeah, that's the way we do admissions at WO-S. That's my point. How is there one pocket right in the middle of these close-by communities that doesn't have any mix? Don't they see us as "just Americans?" Maybe they would get a transfer now and then if they did, but at this point they know they aren't welcome.

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Here are a few posts from BC fans and players responding to the same rant that Para posted on another board.

Here's a BC player:

I'm friends with alot of the players at WOS. They have no transfers. The players at WOS are from WOS. If anything kids leave WOS. Morris Thomas for example left WOS for Central.

Here's another BC fan:

i for one DONT think what paratrooper said is true, but if i thought i were good enough to play d1 and lived close enough to another school w/ a coaching staff of that caliber and with a guy that knows how to get his players noticed and knows how to utilize them in the right position and felt like i had the talent and the chance to be good..i would take that chance and go to that school. but i dont think that has happened at wo-s because what someone else said was right..everyone would be quick to call them on it and the uil would be all over it. but it probably has happened at other schools, and you cant blame the kids for wanting to better their future. my 2 cents. goodluck guys.

AggiesAreWe
11-12-2006, 04:33 PM
This business of WOS recruiting is just totaly ridiculous. If they have such an influx of players coming to their school, then why have they gone from 1400 students to 770 in about a 15 year period? Seems the numbers would stay fairly consistant if that was going on. Kind of how Beaumont Ozen can keep their numbers just under the 5A range. I know that work opportunities have deminished in the Orange area, same as in the Silsbee area, which is why the numbers have dropped in those areas. I must admit, I never thought WOS and Silsbee would be 3A a few years ago, but things happen.

I do agree, if WOS was recruiting, you can bet that a lot of schools would have had them investigated long ago. It's just not happening.

setxsports
11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
He just likes to start crap, he does it every year.

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Jealousy makes ugly people do ugly things.

Paratrooper
11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah, that's the way we do admissions at WO-S. That's my point. How is there one pocket right in the middle of these close-by communities that doesn't have any mix? Don't they see us as "just Americans?" Maybe they would get a transfer now and then if they did, but at this point they know they aren't welcome.

Why does it always have to be the injustice of Bridge City not welcoming people? Maybe just maybe Bridge City folks aren't welcome in Orange and Port Arthur. Things that make you go ummmm.

Crimestick
11-12-2006, 08:17 PM
There are plenty of white people at WO-S. I was one of them. It was a great cultural mix.
Plus, as you say, we only take the "really great" players. Why would we take any from BC?

I'm glad folks have backed us against these childish accusations... especially all the BC folks. It's sad that some people go to such lengths out of frustration.