PDA

View Full Version : 17 3A vs. 18 3A week 1

theyoefnshow
11-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Alright so what's the deal?
Hutto is big school w/ Liberty Hill & Cameron being D2.

District 17 going into tonight was one big cluster-youknowwhat. From what I understand, Robinson beat cellar dweller Lorena. La Vega toppled Waco Connaly and China Spring did in fact beat Gatesville. So......does that put GV out? If so that means it's Robinson, La Vega & China Spring. I believe that puts (don't quote me on this) the brackets as:
Hutto vs. Robinson D1
Liberty Hill vs. China Spring
Cameron vs. La Vega

Cameron by far has the toughest game. The other two should be routes IMHO. So....district 17 3A, from 18 3A....beat us if you can. Survive if we let you!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 01:06 AM
That sounds right to me.

marlin fan
11-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Lh vs china spring i want to make that game i like china springs fight song!!:clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
i like china springs fight song!!:clap:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Swarm 51
11-11-2006, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by theyoefnshow
[B]Alright so what's the deal?
Hutto is big school w/ Liberty Hill & Cameron being D2.

China Spring did in fact beat Gatesville. So......does that put GV out? If so that means it's Robinson, La Vega & China Spring. I believe that puts (don't quote me on this) the brackets as:
Hutto vs. Robinson D1 Liberty Hill vs. China Spring
Cameron vs. La Vega Cameron by far has the toughest game.

Yes, the Hornets bit the dust tonight thanks to their four personal foul penalties and numerous holding penalties. Their discipline went out the window, and one of the Hornet players was ejected from the game. The Yoe will have their hands full with the La Vega Pirates. At one time the Pirates were known to roll over and give up if they got behind. And, lacked discipline. But those days are in the past as they are for real. They are big, fast and physical. As for the other two 17AAA teams, China Spring doesn't have a prayer against Liberty Hill's speed. Robinson may give the Hippos some problems, but with Kerley and Company at Hutto, I cannot see the Rockets coming out on top in that game. So, if anyone in 17AAA stays alive, it would be La Vega.

theyoefnshow
11-11-2006, 01:32 AM
should be good. La Vega & Cameron have an older and pretty ugly rivalry that could be rekindled but like you said, that's back when the Pirates were whipping boys. Regardless of the loss tonight, Cameron is coming into their own and is getting better each week.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Oooh, Panthers and Cougars. :thinking: I'm going to have to think about what to paint on the windows.

theyoefnshow
11-11-2006, 01:41 AM
how about.....
"Not even Shawn Bell could save the Cougars from the Panthers"

JR2004
11-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oooh, Panthers and Cougars. :thinking: I'm going to have to think about what to paint on the windows.

The first thing to remember when playing China Spring is to get a set of officials from as far away from Central Texas as possible. Do that and y'all should be okay next week. :)

theyoefnshow
11-11-2006, 01:45 AM
yeah avoid the Waco chapter at all costs

JR2004
11-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
yeah avoid the Waco chapter at all costs

The Waco chapter is horrid. I remember about three years ago LaVega went to the UIL to get officials to come in from Houston to officiate a game at China Spring due to how notoriously bad the Waco chapter is. The only chapter that comes to mind that can top them would be the Temple chapter. Most of the officiating crews that I've seen from that chapter have been downright awful. If you have a rooting interest in a game that involves refs from that chapter you're going to be pretty angry by the end of the game.

injuredinmelee
11-11-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
The Waco chapter is horrid. I remember about three years ago LaVega went to the UIL to get officials to come in from Houston to officiate a game at China Spring due to how notoriously bad the Waco chapter is. The only chapter that comes to mind that can top them would be the Temple chapter. Most of the officiating crews that I've seen from that chapter have been downright awful. If you have a rooting interest in a game that involves refs from that chapter you're going to be pretty angry by the end of the game.

the el paso guys are the worst. they dont see real football all year