Nominations will close Monday morning.

injuredinmelee
11-11-2006, 01:20 AM
ttt

big daddy russ
11-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I'll kick it off:

Ingleside over Sinton 31-6 for the district title
QB Josh Coffield (son of Fish's Mom on the board) 10-14 passing, 187 yds, 3 TDs, 41 rushing yds

I know he plays safety for us, too. Wish I had defensive stats (if he played defense this game).

big daddy russ
11-11-2006, 08:02 AM
If anyone has stats from the Luling/LaVernia game, post them.

big daddy russ
11-11-2006, 10:16 AM
I'll go ahead and throw LaVernia's Corey Baker into the mix. Big numbers in a big game. Kept LaVernia in it.

Corey Baker
PASSING
9-21, 102 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

RUSHING
28-200, 3 TDs

302 Total Yards. Accounted for all 4 LV TDs.

Boosty_Hondo
11-11-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm going to have to be a homer and throw Andy Werner in there from Hondo he had one heck of a game last night against Devine ran all over the poor kids dont have any stats or any clue were to get them but if anyone does can u please post them alright thanks

gobbler grad
11-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I know he won last week, but the #'s are still good...

Kyle Noack...22-29-0 for 303 yds. and 4 TD's...

bjrod9
11-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
I'm going to have to be a homer and throw Andy Werner in there from Hondo he had one heck of a game last night against Devine ran all over the poor kids dont have any stats or any clue were to get them but if anyone does can u please post them alright thanks

Andy Werner
19 carries, 177 yards,2 td's

2 receptions, 36 yards

Made a 42 yard Fg

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bjrod9
Andy Werner
Made a 42 yard Fg
I bet he just gave the ball a mean look and it flew through the uprights in fright.;)

Boosty_Hondo
11-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I bet he just gave the ball a mean look and it flew through the uprights in fright.;)

lol actually he did .... j/k but he has made every field goal he has attempted this year i beilive

jlwzz
11-11-2006, 07:32 PM

I like that :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-11-2006, 09:01 PM

I betcha I shoulda aceepted your bet...

But I was three points off :(

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I betcha I shoulda aceepted your bet...

But I was three points off :(
I want to apologize to everyone who read the Hondo-Devine thread. lol Rita knows why I posted as I did.:D
Werner is a great player, and he darn near single-handily beat Sinton last year. So he's gotta be good. :(
Maybe we should have a bet for this week, Zimmy? Maybe tips for best fishing plastics or something.;)

Gobbla2001
11-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I want to apologize to everyone who read the Hondo-Devine thread. lol Rita knows why I posted as I did.:D
Werner is a great player, and he darn near single-handily beat Sinton last year. So he's gotta be good. :(
Maybe we should have a bet for this week, Zimmie? Maybe tips for best fishing plastics or something.;)

I'll bet you my nickname is spelled with a mmy??? ha

And that the electric-chicken can tear up both trout and reds when they're feeling froggy...

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 09:50 PM
"Electric-Chicken" :eek:
I gotta look for those!:clap:
is that related to the a$$ kickin kind?:D

Gobbla2001
11-11-2006, 09:51 PM
"Electric-Chicken" :eek:
I gotta look for those!:clap:
is that related to the a$$ kickin kind?:D

I have never been able to find any electric chickens, but I have used them I swear, and they're good...

I started calling them the microwaveable roosters...

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 10:00 PM
rofl
I gotta tip for you. Serious. Buy a tin of smoked oysters. Tie a few knots around it and weight it to a heavy rock. Poke some holes in the tin and throw it in a freshwater lake or river. If you like catfish
or gaspergoo fishing you'll like the results.
It's worked time and time again. Of course I don't do this but I've seen it done. lol
I better get to watchin the game and start researching a good POTW for region 4.:cool:

Gobbla2001
11-11-2006, 10:07 PM
rofl
I gotta tip for you. Serious. Buy a tin of smoked oysters. Tie a few knots around it and weight it to a heavy rock. Poke some holes in the tin and throw it in a freshwater lake or river. If you like catfish
or gaspergoo fishing you'll like the results.
It's worked time and time again. Of course I don't do this but I've seen it done. lol
I better get to watchin the game and start researching a good POTW for region 4.:cool:

you could throw a 49 pound bag of concrete in the water and catch catfish or gaserpoogers...

I remember catching hardheads with smoked sausage...

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
you could throw a 49 pound bag of concrete in the water and catch catfish or gaserpoogers...

I remember catching hardheads with smoked sausage...
I'll try that. lol
I just think that GASPergoos and catfish like smoked foods. Oysters are the best though.:p

Gobbla2001
11-11-2006, 10:14 PM
sorry for helping contribute to the mishandling of this thread...

I nominate:

Yoakum's defense... hell, I'd like to nominate the guy who intercepted the ball for Yoakum on 4th down to ice the game, but the Victoria Advocate won't give the player's name... must be a minor or something :rolleyes:

Yoakum advanced to the playoffs with a 20-16 win...

Gobbla2001
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I'll try that. lol
I just think that GASPergoos and catfish like smoked foods. Oysters are the best though.:p

They'll eat anything, their whole body is a tongue...

I remember using some sunfish bait one day, because I like catching panfish, but I caught only a couple of bluegill (dear lord how many names do them little bassturds have), the rest were about 500 catfish... I was praying "dear lord, lemme get hung on a rock"... but as soon as I did the catfish ate the damn rock... made him weigh more though, tank record...

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 03:37 AM
THREAD JACKERS!!!!!!

Highschoolfan78
11-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Did anyone from Luling have an outstanding game? I'd like to nominate them.

catman
11-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by bjrod9
Andy Werner
19 carries, 177 yards,2 td's

2 receptions, 36 yards

Made a 42 yard Fg

I would have to vote for Andy Werner. He also played on defense for most of the game and was a force there too. I was impressed with the defensive play of all of Hondo's players.

big daddy russ
11-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Did anyone from Luling have an outstanding game? I'd like to nominate them.
Here are the game stats. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54667)

bjrod9
11-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by catman
I would have to vote for Andy Werner. He also played on defense for most of the game and was a force there too. I was impressed with the defensive play of all of Hondo's players.

He was very impressive on Defense, I believe he played a big part on Devines first offensive play as West(Rb for Devine) was fighting for yards and was stripped by Werner.

GreenMachine
11-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Kyle's numbers are good enough every week to win, but I think the LaVernia QB's numbers are very impressive.

gobbler grad
11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah, i'd have to go with Baker's #'s this week, even though they lost...

44INAROW
11-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Kyle's numbers are good enough every week to win, but I think the LaVernia QB's numbers are very impressive.

I agree - Corey (Baker) is a great golfer as well...... good all arounda athlete.

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Anyone from Hondo, why all of the sudden is Andy Werner so good? I remember playing yall last year, and we won and Werner was not that impressive, a good player no doubt, but he wasnt puttin up the numbers like he is this year.

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Anyone from Hondo, why all of the sudden is Andy Werner so good? I remember playing yall last year, and we won and Werner was not that impressive, a good player no doubt, but he wasnt puttin up the numbers like he is this year.

he did not start to click until about the 4th game and from there on he was unstopable and he has been like that all this year

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 08:56 PM
so it was like all of a sudden, he just got it or somethin?

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
well he has always had it but that is jsut whenever it started to really come out and all the players came together and merged to function alot better

bandera7
11-12-2006, 09:29 PM
with werner, if you hit him hard, and constantly, he gets kinda shaken. He doesnt like contact very much. But he is outstanding, he really can do everything, he is a great kicker as well. The key to werner is hitting him hard, every play, he still plays good, but he is not the incredible game breaker that he can be usually.

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
with werner, if you hit him hard, and constantly, he gets kinda shaken. He doesnt like contact very much. But he is outstanding, he really can do everything, he is a great kicker as well. The key to werner is hitting him hard, every play, he still plays good, but he is not the incredible game breaker that he can be usually.

lol trust me i played on the same team as werner last year and he can take a hit he took them all the time just because he was werner so ya you can t say that

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh, if you bust a kid enough times, you will hamper his ability, whether it be by injury or fear. You knock them silly enough times, they will not play as good as usual. not sayin they will play bad, but they wont have their best game against you

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Oh, if you bust a kid enough times, you will hamper his ability, whether it be by injury or fear. You knock them silly enough times, they will not play as good as usual. not sayin they will play bad, but they wont have their best game against you

My junior year, we had the Smithville RB crying and afraid to run the ball.

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 09:53 PM

ok u think what u want this kid will not give up no matter what

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM
oh, no, im not sayin he will give up, I am saying the hits will end up affecting him.

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
oh, no, im not sayin he will give up, I am saying the hits will end up affecting him.

hits affect everyone no matter who u are but if u care enough about the game it wont stop u

bulldogman06
11-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I never said it would stop him, he just wouldnt run wild against you if you pound him a lot

sotxrat
11-12-2006, 10:06 PM
The game turned out to be a run away against West Oso. But Oscar Rodriquez (fullback) 5 carries for 120 yds. and 2 tds. Did not play most of second half. He also is Orange Groves's leading rusher and scorer for the year.

Boosty_Hondo
11-12-2006, 10:12 PM
eh nevermind not worth the argument because nether one of us are going to budge