PDA

View Full Version : Breaking NEWS!!! Ranger Mom!

GetRDoneStangs
11-11-2006, 12:00 AM
or is it a NOSE?? Kellye I hope you are ok!!! We heard about a TRIP to the E.R., I hope you will be able to post something and let us know how you are doing!

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Did she or one of her family members go to the ER? I hope everything is OK.:)

GetRDoneStangs
11-11-2006, 12:15 AM
She may have a sore nose......I don't have all of the details...she apparently went to the ER to have it checked out..maybe StangGirl2007 will have some info soon...

And befoe anyone thinks it...RM was not in a fight!!

I hope she doesn't ROM me for starting this thread!:D

justlikesports
11-11-2006, 12:19 AM
All the info I got was she made a trip to the ER to have her nose "glued back together" She never answered anymore text inquiries. Be careful RM.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by justlikesports
All the info I got was she made a trip to the ER to have her nose "glued back together"
That's what I got. I hope she's okay!

GWOOD
11-11-2006, 12:29 AM
We thought that was Ranger Mom. Looked like someone fell but couldn't see real well because a lot of people were around her. The ambulance came over and they even held up the game a couple of minutes.

Hope everything is OK. I'm sure we will get details either tonight or maybe tomorrow morning after a good night rest.

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Good idea. I know some might want to call her now, but please show some restraint and let her tell us when she is able to. We'll say a little prayer for her tonight.

stangGirl2007
11-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
We thought that was Ranger Mom. Looked like someone fell but couldn't see real well because a lot of people were around her. The ambulance came over and they even held up the game a couple of minutes.

Hope everything is OK. I'm sure we will get details either tonight or maybe tomorrow morning after a good night rest.

Poor RM... hope her massive headache goes away soon!:(

sweetxpeach
11-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Ranger Mom is die hard she hurried up the doc to try and make it back before the game ended!!!! She sure gave me a scare though for a minute

GWOOD
11-11-2006, 12:43 AM
What exactly happened?

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm home and I'm fine......a little embarrassed and WHOLE lot sore!! But that's okay, I got me some painkillers if I need them.

That was the weirdest feeling. The game (after half) was getting ready to start and I was walking up the stands, I didn't get my foot up on the step good enough and it slipped off the step as I put my weight on it. I would have been okay had I not had my hands in my dang jacket pockets. I tried to get them out, but couldn't, so I had nothing to break my fall except my nose!!

Some guy was right there and helped me up, I saw blood on my gloves and thought I just had a nose bleed, but he told me I had a gash across my nose.

He got me back down the stairs and as we were standing at the bottom he kept taking his handkerchief off of me and looking to see if I was still bleeding. The sight of all the blood just about did me in and all the sudden my legs buckled and down to the ground I went.

The trainer came over to see if I was going to need the ambulance because they couldn't start the game without it....I emphatically said I wasn't going ANYWHERE in the ambulance...the hospital is only 3 blocks away from the stadium.

I agreed to go to the ambulance and get checked out and then my husband and Lori (sweetxpeach) drove me to the ER to get looked at.

The Dr. said my nose wasn't broken, but I was gonna have to either get stitches or super glue. He thought the "durabond" would have better results, so thats what I did.

So.....now I have a "Marsha Brady" nose (when she got hit with the football):p and more than likely two black eyes when I get up tomorrow!

We left the ER and rushed back to stadium...but the game had just ended when we pulled up!!:(

IHStangFan
11-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm home and I'm fine......a little embarrassed and WHOLE lot sore!! But that's okay, I got me some painkillers if I need them.

That was the weirdest feeling. The game (after half) was getting ready to start and I was walking up the stands, I didn't get my foot up on the step good enough and it slipped off the step as I put my weight on it. I would have been okay had I not had my hands in my dang jacket pockets. I tried to get them out, but couldn't, so I had nothing to break my fall except my nose!!

Some guy was right there and helped me up, I saw blood on my gloves and thought I just had a nose bleed, but he told me I had a gash across my nose.

He got me back down the stairs and as we were standing at the bottom he kept taking his handkerchief off of me and looking to see if I was still bleeding. The sight of all the blood just about did me and all the sudden my legs buckled and down to the ground I went.

The trainer was came over to see if I was going to need the ambulance because they couldn't start the game without it....I emphatically said I wasn't going ANYWHERE in the ambulance...the hospital is only 3 blocks away from the stadium.

I agreed to go to the ambulance and get checked out and then my husband and Lori (sweetxpeach) drove me to the ER to get looked at.

The Dr. said my nose wasn't broken, but I was gonna have to either get stitches or super glue. He thought the "durabond" would have better results, so thats what I did.

So.....now I have a "Marsha Brady" nose (when she got hit with the football):p and more than likely two black eyes when I get up tomorrow!

We left the ER and rushed back to stadium...but the game had just ended when we pulled up!! dang, sounds like a heck of a night. glad youre okay!

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
dang, sounds like a heck of a night. glad youre okay!

Lol!! Thanks!!

Just par for the course for Ranger Mom!!:rolleyes:

CalallenWildcat
11-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Sounds like quite an adventure! Sorry you had to go through all of that, but I'm glad you are OK.

GWOOD
11-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Hate that it happened! Glad that it was no worse than it is! Can I come by for a peek at the black eyes tomorrow?

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm glad you are OK RM. lol Marsha Marsha Marsha! That's funny but I know we are all relieved you are OK. I know you and I bet you thought "Stupid nose" because you missed part of the game.;)

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Hate that it happened! Glad that it was no worse than it is! Can I come by for a peek at the black eyes tomorrow?

LOL!! Sure!!

If it's really cool looking, I might even post a picture!!:D

GWOOD
11-11-2006, 01:00 AM
LOL!! Sure!!

Black eyes are always cool looking. At least to a guy!

stangGirl2007
11-11-2006, 01:01 AM
LOL!! Sure!!

:D

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm glad you are OK RM. lol Marsha Marsha Marsha! That's funny but I know we are all relieved you are OK. I know you and I bet you thought "Stupid nose" because you missed part of the game.;)

No joke...it I wasn't so darn vain and not worried about having a huge gaping scar across my nose, I would have just stayed there!!

The Dr. looked at me wearing all my Greenwood garb and said, "Greenwood huh?? How bad are yall beating us? The treatment will depend upon your answer!!"

It was 35 - 0 at that point...lol.

Then he started wisecracking about us Greenwood people drinking in the parking lot a half time!!:D

Snyder_TigerFan
11-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear you are (sorta) okay. Could've been worse. I'm sure everyone, at sometime or another, has had a near fall in the stands.

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 01:09 AM
No joke...it I wasn't so darn vain and not worried about having a huge gaping scar across my nose, I would have just stayed there!!

The Dr. looked at me wearing all my Greenwood garb and said, "Greenwood huh?? How bad are yall beating us? The treatment will depend upon your answer!!"

It was 35 - 0 at that point...lol.

Then he started wisecracking about us Greenwood people drinking in the parking lot a half time!!:D
lol
Was G2 there before?:D :thinking:

sweetxpeach
11-11-2006, 01:10 AM
dont forget my ER pic hahahah

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 01:18 AM
I figured out why you almost broke your nose RM.:nerd:

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by sweetxpeach
dont forget my ER pic hahahah

Oh yeah...send that to me please!!

I just looked in the mirror...either my make up is smeared, or I am getting a little "shaded" under the eyes!!

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 01:27 AM
I figured out why you almost broke your nose RM.:nerd:

Cause Im a klutz who had a blonde moment??:p

sweetxpeach
11-11-2006, 01:38 AM
pic is sent

g$$
11-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Hope you feel better & best of luck. Broken noses are no fun as I have had a few, so glad it was not that severe. Get some rest & you'll be better tomorrow. Beauty marks!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Oh yeah...send that to me please!!

I just looked in the mirror...either my make up is smeared, or I am getting a little "shaded" under the eyes!!

Did they ever catch that Gorilla that escaped from the zoo and punched you in the eye?

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 02:06 AM
No it's because I earlier hit 13,000 and since the first parts of 13,000 are 13, that is scary. And increases the risk.:eek:
No congrats for my big 13,***. I just realized it and want to let it be known I don't want anyone else to get hurt.:( :o

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 02:09 AM
No it's because I earlier hit 13,000 and since the first parts of 13,000 are 13, that is scary. And increases the risk.:eek:
No congrats for my big 13,***. I just realized it and want to let it be known I don't want anyone else to get hurt.:( :o

So what you are really saying here is...it's all YOUR fault!!

Gee thanks D!

I thought we were closer than that!!:(

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 02:14 AM
So what you are really saying here is...it's all YOUR fault!!

Gee thanks D!

I thought we were closer than that!!:(
Unintentionally yes. I'm sorry. I hope you get to see all the rest of every football game you ever want to. There is only one true 13,***.:( I'm sorry.

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Unintentionally yes. I'm sorry. I hope you get to see all the rest of every football game you ever want to. There is only one true 13,***.:( I'm sorry.

That's okay...you are forgiven!:kiss:

Congrats on 13K too!!

I must go to bed now...pain pills have officially KICKED IN!!

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 02:19 AM
That's okay...you are forgiven!:kiss:

Congrats on 13K too!!

I must go to bed now...pain pills have officially KICKED IN!!
My "pain pills" kicked in too. How much were yours? Mine cost $9.99 for 12.:D
I hope you feel better tomorrow. Gni K.:)
please don't dream of raccoons...:(

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 02:21 AM
My "pain pills" kicked in too. How much were yours? Mine cost $9.99 for 12.:D
I hope you feel better tomorrow. Gni K.:)
please don't dream of raccoons...:(

Umm...mine were free! Borrowed them from a friend!:D

pirate4state
11-11-2006, 02:41 AM
awwwww, poor Kellye!! :( I'm glad you are sorta okay. I can't believe you kill rattlesnakes but fainted over a little blood!!! :p :p :kiss:

DU_stud04
11-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Did they ever catch that Gorilla that escaped from the zoo and punched you in the eye? :clap: :clap: :clap:

westtxfballfan
11-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Glad you're feeling better. Musta been a helluva tailgate party before the game! JK

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
awwwww, poor Kellye!! :( I'm glad you are sorta okay. I can't believe you kill rattlesnakes but fainted over a little blood!!! :p :p :kiss:

ROFLMAO!! Ain't THAT the truth!!!:rolleyes:

I'm mad you though, that made me laugh and it hurts my nose to laugh...you can't do that anymore today!!

ANYWAY, I just woke up, no black eyes, swelling is down some....I still look pretty rough though!!

I walked into the bathroom at a convenience store last night in Lamesa and there were 4 women in there I had never seen before. They all looked at me and one of them asked, "are you the lady (hehe, she called me a "lady") that fell??"

I so badly wanted to say, "No, I just kicked somebody's @$$ for asking me stupid questions!!!"

:p :p J/K ....I guess because I held up the game, and had quite a crowd around me......EVERYONE knows about it now!! :D :D

Maroon87
11-11-2006, 11:57 AM
RM I'm sure all of the other spectators were very grateful that you volunteered to prop up the bleachers with your face...:p

Glad to hear you're OK!:)

AggieJohn
11-11-2006, 11:58 AM
ROFLMAO!! Ain't THAT the truth!!!:rolleyes:

I'm mad you though, that made me laugh and it hurts my nose to laugh...you can't do that anymore today!!

ANYWAY, I just woke up, no black eyes, swelling is down some....I still look pretty rough though!!

I walked into the bathroom at a convenience store last night in Lamesa and there were 4 women in there I had never seen before. They all looked at me and one of them asked, "are you the lady (hehe, she called me a "lady") that fell??"

I so badly wanted to say, "No, I just kicked somebody's @$$ for asking me stupid questions!!!"

:p :p J/K ....I guess because I held up the game, and had quite a crowd around me......EVERYONE knows about it now!! :D :D ranger mom...famous on the board AND in life

luvhoops34
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM

When I started reading this thread, that was the very first thing that popped into my mind....:D :D I was gonna post it, but you beat me to the punch! :D :D Glad you're ok from one blonde klutz to another!:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I just remembered that the paramedic who made me go the ambulance and get checked out told me that he was the Lamesa QB's dad.

I told him he needed to get back out there, and that I was fine.....that was right after I tried to recruit him to the board!!:D

AggieJohn
11-11-2006, 12:11 PM
even when your down your helping this "team"

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 12:15 PM
RangerMom70 is giving me a hard time.....she said I found out that I am gonna be a "grandma" and I start ACTING like a grandma.....falling down, etc (Im glad I didn't break my hip!!!):D

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Well....here is a "before" picture:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/before.jpg

and the "after"........I have a fat face anyway, and the pics are fuzzy, (both pics were taken with a camera phone) but you can see how swollen it is going to my cheeks.....but the gash doesn't look too bad!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/affter.jpg

lepfan
11-11-2006, 02:23 PM
RangerMom70 is giving me a hard time.....she said I found out that I am gonna be a "grandma" and I start ACTING like a grandma.....falling down, etc (Im glad I didn't break my hip!!!):D Grandma???? Did I miss this news??? Oh, and BTW...glad to hear your ok.

Old Tiger
11-11-2006, 02:30 PM
The story is kind of funny but not because you got hurt :(

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Grandma???? Did I miss this news??? Oh, and BTW...glad to hear your ok.

It's only been chatroom discussion...I didn't figure the majority of posters cared one way or the other!!:D :D

44INAROW
11-11-2006, 03:06 PM
RangerMom70 is giving me a hard time.....she said I found out that I am gonna be a "grandma" and I start ACTING like a grandma.....falling down, etc (Im glad I didn't break my hip!!!):D

another member of the GMIL**** group......... Seriously, glad you are OK and can joke about it now :)

lepfan
11-11-2006, 04:43 PM
I think this may almost top my ceiling fan or even my falling off the table stories!!! LOL

Ranger Mom
11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I think this may almost top my ceiling fan or even my falling off the table stories!!! LOL

LOL!! At least you did that in the privacy of your own home.....oh but not me, I had to make a fool of myself in front of the whole entire Greenwood crowd!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

crzyjournalist03
11-11-2006, 07:49 PM
seriously, I smell a corporate sponsorship for your nose. Call Elmer's or something and tell them that you'll use their glue on your nose if they'll pay you for it!

CHS_CG
11-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Dont feel bad. My freshman year my mom(hornetmom) started goin on the bus with us to the game *the band* and she fell down the steps on the first game we ever went to. I came back from the bathroom and i get told my mom fell down the steps and all i could think was where is she.. scared me half to death!

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Dont feel bad. My freshman year my mom(hornetmom) started goin on the bus with us to the game *the band* and she fell down the steps on the first game we ever went to. I came back from the bathroom and i get told my mom fell down the steps and all i could think was where is she.. scared me half to death!

You will probably appreciate this Talena, as you know how Chad is.

He walked into the kitchen yesterday where I was doing dishes...he looked at me and said "Mom??".

I said "yeah??"

And he said, "Are you doing something different with your face??"

Then just died laughing and took off running!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D