PDA

View Full Version : Hutto 14, Taylor 12 - final

3afan
11-10-2006, 11:42 PM

LHMom
11-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Hutto fans - what gives? Glad you got the W but sounds like it was also a much closer game than expected.

hutex04
11-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I wasent at the game but you got to realize that Taylor probably played there hearts out. They needed to win by 17pts to get into the playoffs. Maybe hutto had alot of turnovers? any info??

HipposGitErDun
11-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Hutto fans - what gives? Glad you got the W but sounds like it was also a much closer game than expected.

Taylor played a pretty good game, but really had trouble moving the ball. One or two pass plays were all they had for offense. They rushed 32 times for 86 yards. We were up 14-0 early and then killed a few drives with penalties and a fumble. We had the ball at the one with a minute left in the half and got a penalty,,, then moved the ball back to the one with 4 seconds in the half,, ran a fake and passed the ball to a wide open receiver that was incomplete to end the half 14-0. (Should have been alot worse)

In the second half, they completed a prayer of a pass to get close for one TD, and blocked a punt to position themselves for the other.

We did not play well again, though not near as bad as we played against LH.(that is the worst I have seen a Hutto team play ever)

We are still in the playoffs,,, and hopefully can get some folks healthy for round one.

Good luck to LH and Cameron next week.

infamous
11-11-2006, 05:32 PM
nah defensive wise hutto did their job...however, like BIGGBROTHERHIPPO has said over at TexasHSFootball, ever win a game yet it felt as if you lost?
Totally true, I mean when you've got 30 seconds left on the clock and you're only body length away from the goal you'd go for it right?
RIGHT? Any coach out there probably would have gone for the goal even if they were further than "body length" it was crazy last night. Stupid plays being called, baseball signals like most have called it...like I've posted before Hutto's O should play by their rules...the coaching just seems to mess everything up.