PDA

View Full Version : Despicable video: Racism @ Texas A&M

mistanice
11-10-2006, 05:43 PM
News link (http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/11/gates_unfinishe.html)

Link to Video (http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2644559)

g$$
11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Come on, this is old news & embarrassing to the school. It also is an isolated case by some idiots & not representative of the school as a whole. Let it go.

BTW, I am not condoning the video at all.

htowntransplant
11-10-2006, 05:51 PM
ummm yeah thats pretty sad. i know what u mean g$$, it doesnt change my opinion on the school, but some individuals need to grow up. it is the 21st century.

mistanice
11-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Old news to some, but not to all. I for one, hadn't heard about the situation. Plus I searched for it on here and found no previous post about it, so I went ahead and did it.

g$$
11-10-2006, 05:57 PM
All over the news since Wednesday. I don't think anyone wanted to touch such a dicey issue. I say we let it go & move on. That conversation will only result in hate & back & forth garbage.

It is despicable no doubt, & I hope they pay for it.

Not getting on you, mistanice, just a bad deal to discuss.

Remember the kid who died last year of alcohol poisoning at UT & the hazing stuff that resulted? Frat got shut down, etc. That was not a good topic either because it had racial overtones.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
My opinion on the situation(not trying to start anything.) If this was to occur at Texas we all know that you Aggy posters would be the first to bash and say all kinds of hurtful things.

mistanice
11-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
My opinion on the situation(not trying to start anything.) If this was to occur at Texas we all know that you Aggy posters would be the first to bash and say all kinds of hurtful things.

Thought the same thing, but I kept my hands in pocket rather than reply with those words.

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:04 PM
NO I would not. Read above. That is despicable anywhere. If you are not trying to start something, then why did you say that?

See what I mean mistanice? Never good-ever-to go here.

It was an isolated case by idiots. Have you read the papers or watched the news & interviews? Let it go please for the love of God.

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:05 PM
You are looking for trouble when you group people or stereotype Tiger WR. You don't want to stir this up anymore.

I resent strongly what you said.

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Thought the same thing, but I kept my hands in pocket rather than reply with those words.

That's exactly where this thread should have stayed too.

mistanice
11-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
All over the news since Wednesday. I don't think anyone wanted to touch such a dicey issue. I say we let it go & move on. That conversation will only result in hate & back & forth garbage.

It is despicable no doubt, & I hope they pay for it.

Not getting on you, mistanice, just a bad deal to discuss.

Remember the kid who died last year of alcohol poisoning at UT & the hazing stuff that resulted? Frat got shut down, etc. That was not a good topic either because it had racial overtones.

Very understandable, but publicizing these type of cases are necessary to be somewhat of a deterrent to others who have the same kind of mindset, not just at A&M, but nationwide.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 06:08 PM
If I was trying to start something I would reply with a comeback to that but that was an honest opinion. I don't think I worded it like I wanted it to sound but it is hard to do on the internet. I will leave the subject alone at the last opinion.

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:13 PM
If you were not trying to stir the pot, then you would have stayed silent. Your words said it all. And you never attended either school anyway, but love to generalize & put people in groups.

I strongly resent the remark & you should be ashamed. That kind of juvenile crap just causes trouble.

If you are going to speak, at least be informed of what has transpired since the incident occurred.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
My opinion still stands.

Paratrooper
11-10-2006, 06:17 PM
I saw another one where this kid dressed up as Hitler. http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_305054424.html

Some youth make light of situations because they fail to not only know the history behind what they are doing but also fail to see that these types of actions actually hurt people.

When these kids do these stupid things I personally think they should have to sit down with a holocaust survivor; or in the above case speak with someone who fought for civil rights back in the 60's.

The cop-out in America is now people will say I have freedom of speech and freedom of expression. Some speech and some expression should be limited in scope.

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:23 PM
And you are still an uninformed poster on a website who never attended either school. What you need to do is shut your piehole more often & not try to make trouble.

But hey, your track record is clear on that stuff. You live for it, on a daily basis. You made your bed now lie in it.

You should apologize for grouping all Aggies as such if you are a MAN. I would never make that remark about any school because not only is it false, it is discriminatory. Guess we'll see...

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 06:26 PM
All I said was that a majority of the Aggy nation would bash Texas if the situation had happened at UT. I am not going to apologize for an opinion. This has nothing to do with me being a fan of Texas.

bulldogman06
11-10-2006, 06:27 PM
You are wrong, the majority of Aggies would not bash if that happened, you have no clue, how many ags do you even know? you are stereotyping and makin yourself look the fool.

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I would NOT, so don't group people. Your opinion is worth nothing.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Past experiences and stereotyping Texas athletes as marijuana users and calling them thugs because some former Texas players were arrested for possession is not stereotyping? Those past things have led me to come up with this opinion.

Originally posted by g$$
I would NOT, so don't group people. Your opinion is worth nothing. If it is worth nothing then why do you always make a huge deal out of it then? Just let my opinion go and do not pay no attention to it.

bulldogman06
11-10-2006, 06:32 PM
who has done this? I havent. out of the 42,000 here at A&M I only know 2 current students who frequent this board. where do you get these past experiences?

mwynn05
11-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Past experiences and stereotyping Texas athletes as marijuana users and calling them thugs because some former Texas players were arrested for possession is not stereotyping? Those past things have led me to come up with this opinion.

If it is worth nothing then why do you always make a huge deal out of it then? Just let my opinion go and do not pay no attention to it. Two completely different issues. You're really making your self look dumb.

bulldogman06
11-10-2006, 06:34 PM
If it is worth nothing then why do you always make a huge deal out of it then? Just let my opinion go and do not pay no attention to it.

do not pay no attention to it? so you want us to pay attention to it?

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I am done. You deserve what you get.

jlwzz
11-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Ah let it go yall :confused:

Ray_BearKat
11-10-2006, 06:50 PM
what is he getting? I haven't seen much just a couple people getting their panties in a twist...

let it go already...:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
If burning blunts, totting glocks, and other contraband at all hours of the night is what you're looking for, Bonghorn Nation is the best, hands down. Without VY, Bonghorns are defending National Chumps. handNtheDirt posted this

actually about 95% of aggie related problems w/ football players in the past have been with alcohol, where about the same percentage with TEXAS has been Marijuana issues... AggieJohn posted this

"Texas cornerback Tarell Brown has tested negative on a drug screening for cocaine and marijuana administered by the university, his attorney Jamie Balagia, told ESPN's Joe Schad on Wednesday." bobcat1 posted this

Really, ever heard of Ramonce Taylor & 5 pounds of weed / gun most recently? Ever heard of Cedric Benson & the tv / break-in scandal? Ever heard of the UT athletes who got arrested near Huntsville almost 2 years ago with marijuana? How about the 6th Street arrests last year before the Rose Bowl? Have you seen UT's football graduation rates lately? How about Marco Martin being arrested for sexual assault of a child 2 weeks ago? Should I go on? g$$ posted this

imagine that, a texas running back who likes weed AggieJohn posted another one

The stereotyping for mairjuana use by Texas athletes is there. These are just a few post

bulldogman06
11-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Ok, you have your facts, some posters do that, but I dont, and I dont think you should either. Makin fun of another school just because of a few individuals is wrong. However, you did bring proof of postings about UT, therefore I have nothing more to say

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:04 PM
bulldog, I did not make fun of A&M I just gave an opinion on if the role was turned and it was a UT student.

SpreadtheRed
11-10-2006, 07:04 PM
hahahahahaha that video is pretty hilarious.

bulldogman06
11-10-2006, 07:06 PM
bulldog, I did not make fun of A&M I just gave an opinion on if the role was turned and it was a UT student.

heh, again you are right, sorry man. and i promise i would not have said anything if this was a UT student.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Apology accepted. I would not make fun of an A&M student either(on this type of matter:)). There is no need for that bullcrap especially in this day and time. You probably just looked at g$$ post.

mistanice
11-10-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm just waiting for the Diboll game to begin.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm just waiting for the Diboll game to begin. Good luck to them:thumbsup:

mistanice
11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Good luck to them:thumbsup:

Thx! and while we're watching videos, have you seen this yet?

talk about excessive use of force!

Beating (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4)

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Tiger WR:

Here's the deal with me:

You are comparing gun & dope issues/arrests with a racist video. Those 2 don't mix. Yes, I have posted about Horns getting in trouble. Aggies have gotten in trouble too. This is way different & you grouped ALL AGGIES as people who would mock another over a very sensitive issue. I would NEVER do that in a case like this. Be more aware of the subject matter maybe.

You still should aplogize for the remark as you stereotyped a group of people concerning a very delicate subject.

Did ALL HORNS make fun of A&M when the Bonfire fell & 12 people died? Of course not, Texas was very classy. But some today still make crude & disrespectful remarks because they (not the whole group) are idiots.

That was my point all along, & there are idiots at every school in the country too.

mistanice
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry, this is a pointless post, but I didn't want to be on a certain number of posts!

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Apology accepted. I would not make fun of an A&M student either(on this type of matter:)). There is no need for that bullcrap especially in this day and time. You probably just looked at g$$ post.

Meaning??

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Tiger WR:

Here's the deal with me:

You are comparing gun & dope issues/arrests with a racist video. Those 2 don't mix. Yes, I have posted about Horns getting in trouble. Aggies have gotten in trouble too. This is way different & you grouped ALL AGGIES as people who would mock another over a very sensitive issue. I would NEVER do that in a case like this. Be more aware of the subject matter maybe.

You still should aplogize for the remark as you stereotyped a group of people concerning a very delicate subject.

Did ALL HORNS make fun of A&M when the Bonfire fell & 12 people died? Of course not, Texas was very classy. But some today still make crude & disrespectful remarks because they (not the whole group) are idiots.

That was my point all along, & there are idiots at every school in the country too. I know they aren't related to racism. My point was that it's not only me who stereotypes. Stereotyping is a big part of our country today. Everyone is stereotyped. I will not apologize for my opinion. I did however not mean to stereotype the Aggy.

Read the following quote from an above post by me. I couldn't think of a way to make it sound like I wanted it to. I did not mean for it to seem like stereotyping.

If I was trying to start something I would reply with a comeback to that but that was an honest opinion. I don't think I worded it like I wanted it to sound but it is hard to do on the internet.

handNthedirt
11-10-2006, 07:29 PM
while racism and glock totting drug dealers are both terrible issues that need to be addressed, I don't see the justification behind putting them in the same conversation.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:33 PM
As I said in the above post some things you type out over the internet do not come out as you would like them. This is one of those things.

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Think before you type & it would not have come to this.

You never apologized for your tasteless remark. Very disappointing.

What about the meaning above to bulldogman?

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:43 PM
How you assume every post that I make is an A&M bash. Therefore you stereotyped me :p :).

I will stick to what I've said before I will not apologize for my opinion.

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Weak. Very weak. You never answered the question either.

Comparing apples & oranges.

Stick to nursing studies.

handNthedirt
11-10-2006, 07:45 PM

Beating (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4)

I bet he'll think twice before commiting his next crime.

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:47 PM

Beating (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4) I saw that this morning on the news!:eek: LAPD at it again!

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Weak. Very weak. You never answered the question either.

Comparing apples & oranges.

Stick to nursing studies. What question?

I'm off to a football game. May peace be with you :)

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:49 PM
All I said was that a MAJORITY of the Aggy nation would bash Texas if the situation had happened at UT. I am not going to apologize for an opinion. This has nothing to do with me being a fan of Texas.

There's your stereotyping sparky. And doing it b/c "everybody does it" makes you no better than them.

And it has EVERYTHING to do with you being a fan of Texas. Noticed you did not say student or alumnus either.

handNthedirt
11-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I saw that this morning on the news!:eek: LAPD at it again!

quit breaking the law, a-hole!

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Gotta go too, later.

(& still weak on no apology for STUPID & tasteless remark.)

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
There's your stereotyping sparky. And doing it b/c "everybody does it" makes you no better than them.

And it has EVERYTHING to do with you being a fan of Texas. Noticed you did not say student or alumnus either. Your aging mind gets the best of you sometimes. Quit being stubborn. Go ahead and call me a juvenile. I don't care. By you responding to my orginal post you made this bigger than it had to be. You could have let it go also.

May peace be with you g$$

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, people in their 30s are just senile man. Crazy huh?

I will let it go but you were in the wrong & should have owned up to a dumb remark. I thought you were better than that. Guess not Tiger WR.

Oh well I am off to watch some ball.

mrescape43
11-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
quit breaking the law, a-hole!

Exactly!