PDA

View Full Version : Distric 5-3A

pighead
10-16-2002, 11:46 AM
Is Iowa Park for real? Or will it be another year where Graham and Vernon dominate the district. Bowie, I've been told, could have a shot eventhough they lost their opener. Childress is down. Breckenridge doesn't look to impressive.

vet93
10-16-2002, 11:52 AM
From what I have observed the district is down a little from the past two year. I think that Iowa Park is for real even though New Boston put it on them the other day. Graham is the obvious frontrunner and will go large school. The small school contingent will be a battle between Iowa Park, Vernon and maybe even Breck. I don't know much about bowie. If I was to guess, I would put Iowa Park as the #1 small school and Vernon as the #2 small school. This is a very interesting district.

Keith7
10-16-2002, 06:55 PM
I dont know much about Graham this year.. but I know in the past if you can shut down their option offense, then they cannot do much at all

pighead
10-17-2002, 07:27 AM
I agree Keith, Graham only runs three or four plays. If you can stop those then you are in good shape. I guess he uses the novacain theory from Remember the Titans, "just give it time, it will work."

longhorns25
10-20-2002, 01:03 AM
It will work.If not we can pass the ball this year. I think IP will do pretty good this year. I dont know to much about Vernon.