PDA

View Full Version : Horns add Bill Buckner's son to baseball class..

g$$
11-10-2006, 04:56 PM
2007-08 University of Texas Baseball signing class (as of Nov. 8, 2006)

Name
Bobby Buckner (son of former MLB player Bill Buckner)
Runey Davis
Cole Green
Kevin Keyes
Pat McCrory
Connor Rowe
Chance Ruffin (son of former Horn Bruce Ruffin & MLB pitcher)
Tant Shepherd
Stayton Thomas
Brandon Workman

No Buckner jokes on the 40 Acres now! Buckner gets a bad rap as he was a fine player & quality hitter for many years (won a batting title). One play where he was injured anyway should not define a career.

www.texassports.com/baseball for details

District303aPastPlayer
11-10-2006, 06:46 PM
About Buckner... the game that "The Play" happened in was not the final game. They lost the following game right?

g$$
11-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Right, Game 6 was error. Lost Game 7 the next day.

eagles_victory
11-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
2007-08 University of Texas Baseball signing class (as of Nov. 8, 2006)

Name
Bobby Buckner (son of former MLB player Bill Buckner)
Runey Davis
Cole Green
Kevin Keyes
Pat McCrory
Connor Rowe
Chance Ruffin (son of former Horn Bruce Ruffin & MLB pitcher)
Tant Shepherd
Stayton Thomas
Brandon Workman

No Buckner jokes on the 40 Acres now! Buckner gets a bad rap as he was a fine player & quality hitter for many years (won a batting title). One play where he was injured anyway should not define a career.

www.texassports.com/baseball for details

being injured shouldnt have anything to do with missing that ball maybe he was injured but thats sure not an excuse on that easy of a play

District303aPastPlayer
11-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
being injured shouldnt have anything to do with missing that ball maybe he was injured but thats sure not an excuse on that easy of a play

the ball takes a spin/hop... watch it slowly

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:08 PM

Dude, it was one play on a bad ankle in the World Series. They usually took him out late in the game because of the injury for defensive reasons.

I played college ball & I know I made some errors too. Maybe you were perfect, I was not.

Buckner also had over 2300 hits, won a batting title, & was a fine fielder too. Cut the guy some slack.

eagles_victory
11-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Dude, it was one play on a bad ankle in the World Series. They usually took him out late in the game because of the injury for defensive reasons.

I played college ball & I know I made some errors too. Maybe you were perfect, I was not.

Buckner also had over 2300 hits, won a batting title, & was a fine fielder too. Cut the guy some slack. dang i was just saying calm down are you going to challenge me to another fist fight for this :clap: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:30 PM
They could have still won the series that sucks for Buckner!

g$$
11-10-2006, 07:35 PM
dang i was just saying calm down are you going to challenge me to another fist fight for this :clap: :rolleyes:

Just saying you were awfully tough on a guy for one play.

No, I have no problem with you. That involved the names you called me after the West Tx deal & your words said it all. He deserved what he got & the mods had warned him numerous times anyway.

eagles_victory
11-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I feel sorry for Buckner and it is WAY WAY overblown i think we all agree on that i was just simply stating it was a routine play a major leaguer should make

Old Tiger
11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I feel sorry for Buckner and it is WAY WAY overblown i think we all agree on that i was just simply stating it was a routine play a major leaguer should make I agree. But anyone who has played baseball knows that if a ball changes direction at the last minute it's hard to adjust to even for a pro.