PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it's hard being a kid...

kepdawg
11-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Tonight all over this great state, dreams will end. Some kids already know that tonight is the night while others have control of the dream in their hands and there is still hope for one more time. For six years, even longer for some, kids have given everything, blood, sweat, and tears towards making their dream a reality. Some have been in the spotlight and walked the halls as kings. Some have been in the background, but their dream is just as big. Whether it is the starting quarterback or the third string lineman, for many the dream ends tonight. Too many, they may seem insignificant, but let us not forget the many others whose dreams will end tonight. There are waterboys who have been more loyal to the team than anyone could imagine. There are trainers who are on standby hoping they are never needed. There are cheerleaders who keep the face of hope even when all hope seems to be gone. There are band members who will proudly play the school song one more time. There are drill team members who will dance their final dance. There are flag corps memebers who will wave their flags no more. There are the students who are there to support them all. They often arrive late to away games, because they are students. They have yet to understand the concept of time management or how to utilize online maps. But they are there. They proudly wear letter jackets, painted faces, and customed made t-shirts. They shake propane cans and yell through megaphones. They do whatever they can to support their team! They go crazy in attempts to get that little plastic football with their schools name on it. Their school means more to them then I think they evern realize. So, tonight when you are at a game, don't take it for granted. When the national anthem is played, don't take it for granted. When the team comes running out on the field while the band is playing loud and the cheerleaders are pumping the crowd up, don't take it for granted. When the band, drill team, and flag corps are performing at half time, don't take it for granted. When the final second rolls off the clock, don't take it for granted. Sometimes it's hard being a kid...

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
That was beautiful, kep. :clap: :clap: :(

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

DU_stud04
11-10-2006, 12:37 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Great post Kep :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Stownhorse
11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
That was homosexual........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......sike! it kinda made me sad im not gunna lie

luvhoops34
11-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Really nice post, thanks!

pirate4state
11-10-2006, 01:33 PM
:clap: Nice post!! :thumbsup:

All you SENIORS have FUN tonight!!

bobcat1
11-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Kep,
You are a class act. Thanks for reminding us! How many of us old has beens wouldn't like to be able to strap it on one more time? When I get my new body in Heaven, the first question out of my mouth is where is practice? :D

Phil C
11-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Very nice post! But it don't get any easier when you get to be my age. :)

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2006, 02:45 PM
This brought tears to my eyes....very nice post. Now someone needs to cheer me up quick.;)

99IHSMustang
11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I like it... good job.