http://img47.exs.cx/img47/2152/mandy5.jpg

man...this was pimp

3afan
11-10-2006, 09:23 AM
whats with all the "pimp this" and "pimp that" on the DL lately ??? :confused:

someone enlighten me please!

piratebg
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Man, I have no idea why everyone is using this word. Maybe it makes them feel more sexy/desirable than they really are. Who knows? :D

44INAROW
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM
I think once you surprass a certain intelligence level, you lose the ability to "get it"

kaorder1999
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I think once you surprass a certain intelligence level, you lose the ability to "get it"

great point!

injuredinmelee
11-10-2006, 09:35 AM
They see it on MTV and hear it in all that rap crap music. They just dont realize how stupid it makes them sound and look.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by infamous
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/2152/mandy5.jpg

LOL!! LHPM and I were talking about that very picture just last week!

I thought it was hilarious at the time!!:D

44INAROW
11-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! LHPM and I were talking about that very picture just last week!

I thought it was hilarious at the time!!:D

oh, the picture is funny, I was referring to the "pimp" talk.. :p

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
oh, the picture is funny, I was referring to the "pimp" talk.. :p

Crap...you quoted me before I could edit my grammar!!:D :D

I wasn't referring to anything that was said, I just thought it was funny that Deb and I were talking about that picture the other day, and all the sudden...here it is again!!

CenTexSports
11-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Since pimp was brought up can someone tell me a defination for the new use of tool and how it was derived. I think I have clue what it means but I want to be sure before I use it in a sentence with one of my homies.

pirate4state
11-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I think once you surprass a certain intelligence level, you lose the ability to "get it" hee hee....misunderstood youth ;)

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hee hee....misunderstood youth ;)

I hear, "that's pimp", "that's tight", "that's sweet"...so much that it doesn't even phase me anymore.

The one I have to admit I miss, and I heard it only from Cuero kids is....

"That's CRUCIAL"!!!!:D :D

GreenMonster
11-10-2006, 10:13 AM
It's too bad that ol' Mandy won't stay dead and burried. She she keeps returning from the 3ADL morgue with a new name and a new sig to try and throw us off. Maybe we should have her burned in effigy next time instead of just ROMmed.

44INAROW
11-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Crap...you quoted me before I could edit my grammar!!:D :D

:D I fixed it :) :p

pirate4state
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's too bad that ol' Mandy won't stay dead and burried. She she keeps returning from the 3ADL morgue with a new name and a new sig to try and throw us off. Maybe we should have her burned in effigy next time instead of just ROMmed. :eek: :eek: There are few others out there that keep coming back like a bad dream. It's all good!! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I hear, "that's pimp", "that's tight", "that's sweet"...so much that it doesn't even phase me anymore.

The one I have to admit I miss, and I heard it only from Cuero kids is....

"That's CRUCIAL"!!!!:D :D

that's crucial??? that's possibly the dumbest one yet...

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that's crucial??? that's possibly the dumbest one yet...

LOL!!! CRUCIAL!!!

It always cracked me up when I heard it.

jason
11-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
They just dont realize how stupid it makes them sound and look. its just like aggies saying TU

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Since pimp was brought up can someone tell me a defination for the new use of tool and how it was derived. I think I have clue what it means but I want to be sure before I use it in a sentence with one of my homies.
Here's my definition & how I came up with it.....

Tool = idgit or "teched" in the head (ex: You have a screw loose and are a tool.) :p

Not "you" CenTex.....just generic "you". :)

GreenMonster
11-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here's my definition & how I came up with it.....

Tool = idgit or "teched" in the head (ex: You have a screw loose and are a tool.) :p

Nope, not really even close. I'll fill you in via PM. :D

44INAROW
11-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Nope, not really even close. I'll fill you in via PM. :D

oh dear - it's prob like the GMIL thing - but that's another story :eek: (I can't believe I didnt' know what that was)

infamous
11-11-2006, 04:42 PM
haha man you people take things too seriously. The entire pimp thing is just said to take up space, there isn't really a true meaning behind it. Much like saying, "you're all a bunch of idiots" there isn't a real meaning behind it, it's just a saying. Now, you all lived up to the saying--by seeming somewhat discouraged by the word itself.

I mean...there is also that saying of, "dont get your knickers in a twist"

and yes GreenMonster, no matter how hard you try--you'll never get rid of me.

Scholar
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
whats with all the "pimp this" and "pimp that" on the DL lately ??? :confused:

someone enlighten me please!

I found a blog that read as so:

Thanks to a certain TV show, the phrases "pimp my", "pimp your", and "pimp the" have achieved currency as slang for "customize, often in a flamboyant or ostentatious manner". I read them in the mainstream press all the time these days. For instance, Britney Spears is pregnant--title of the article is "pimp the crib". I'm sorry, but I find this phrase, used as a commonism, appalling.

On a similar note, I went bowling the other day. In walks a teenage boy and his girlfriend. He enters "Pimp" as his name, which of course is projected on the overhead screen for all to see. I know, it is a different usage, but I'm pretty sure that the lineage of both can be traced back to "gangster rap" (another case of an inherently pejorative word being used as a badge of honor).