PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how much...

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 01:20 AM
I dislike Dick Bavetta. Him and his stupid makeup calls. This guy is the epitome of what is wrong with NBA officiating. IMO he is WAY too "showy" and concerned with being entertaining than being a good official. I think he does a good job for the most part and is in general a good guy...but I still disagree with the way he calls a game.

That being said...it looks like the Mavs are going to get their 1st win of the season! :D

DU_stud04
11-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I dislike Dick Bavetta. Him and his stupid makeup calls. This guy is the epitome of what is wrong with NBA officiating. IMO he is WAY too "showy" and concerned with being entertaining than being a good official. I think he does a good job for the most part and is in general a good guy...but I still disagree with the way he calls a game.

That being said...it looks like the Mavs are going to get their 1st win of the season! :D

i cant stand him

RMAC
11-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i cant stand him

Yeah, me neither, even though I only watch the NBA when the Mavs are in the playoffs.

injuredinmelee
11-10-2006, 07:09 AM
is it too early to start talking about the NBA being rigged??? lol
;)

RMAC
11-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
is it too early to start talking about the NBA being rigged??? lol
;)

No joke. I mean, 2 months of playoffs? Dang near every one of them going to 5+ games? Come on, do they really need the money to pay all the cry babies that bad?

3afan
11-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I dislike Dick Bavetta. Him and his stupid makeup calls. .........

you must be talking about the makeup call after the bad offensive foul call on Nash ...... that was so obvious, even the TNT crew was talking about it

oh well, Mavs finally get that 1st wiin

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
you must be talking about the makeup call after the bad offensive foul call on Nash ...... that was so obvious, even the TNT crew was talking about it

oh well, Mavs finally get that 1st wiin

yeah that's exactly what I was talking about. The call on Nash...ehh from one angle it looked like he looked to his side and saw Terry and took a step back into him...then from another angle I didn't see that move. The makeup foul was an absolute joke though. Oh...and notice the next series when Nash comes down the lane, he made the exact same move as before the but this time Terry stepped back and didn't take the foul. I would have to watch more footage but it seems like Nash's sidestep into the center of the paint is a trademark move of sorts.