PDA

View Full Version : A request

Matthew328
09-03-2002, 08:55 PM
I dunno how many of you post on the pig or have heard the story about what is going on with High School Xtra on Fox Sports SW...well the show was the brain-child of Jeff Watts of Jeff Watts Productions in Arlington...and to be honest I loved the show...but when I tuned in on Friday I was shocked that Ric Renner and some woman were doing the show...neither one of them know a thing about Texas High School Football and it showed...they did no preperation and to be honest probably could care less about High School Football in Texas..basically Fox ran Mr Watts and his operation off and took over his show..but Mr Watts does still have a show..last year he started a show called HS Edge that came on at 11:30 for the DFW Metroplex...he still has that show and on TXCN he has a statewide show called High School Edge and it is a good show done the right way by people who care about HS Football here in Texas..it comes on at Midnight on TXCN..so I urge anyone who has TXCN to tune in!

sinton66
09-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Matt, is that a cable or sattelite channel?

Matthew328
09-03-2002, 09:22 PM
I know it is a cable channel I am not sure if you can get it on satellite...

slpybear the bullfan
09-03-2002, 09:35 PM
Guys, you can get it on satellite if you have DirecTV with the local channel option.

And yes, I much prefer his show to Fox's version.

Hope it works for him,

Slpybear

Old Green
09-03-2002, 09:42 PM
I flipped between both channels Friday night. TXCN 's "The EDGE" is better. I'll stick with Jeff. I have talked to Jeff watts at several games in the past. He knows TEXAS FOOTBALL.

[This message has been edited by Old Green (edited September 03, 2002).]

footballgal
09-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
I dunno how many of you post on the pig or have heard the story about what is going on with High School Xtra on Fox Sports SW...well the show was the brain-child of Jeff Watts of Jeff Watts Productions in Arlington...and to be honest I loved the show...but when I tuned in on Friday I was shocked that Ric Renner and some woman were doing the show...neither one of them know a thing about Texas High School Football and it showed...they did no preperation and to be honest probably could care less about High School Football in Texas..basically Fox ran Mr Watts and his operation off and took over his show..but Mr Watts does still have a show..last year he started a show called HS Edge that came on at 11:30 for the DFW Metroplex...he still has that show and on TXCN he has a statewide show called High School Edge and it is a good show done the right way by people who care about HS Football here in Texas..it comes on at Midnight on TXCN..so I urge anyone who has TXCN to tune in!

Thanks for the info. Matthew328, I was trying to figure out what was going on and why it seem it was so different or lacking of something should I say, I was really tired so I kept dozing off, (or maybe it was the show that was making me sleepy.. lol.)

But, again thanks for the info. Here in the RGV, cable customer can get TXCN on channel 39, I will make sure to tune in! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

SintonFan
09-04-2002, 12:48 AM
Does anyone in SA know where they can get TXCN? I know that the fxsprtz program is suffering, but if anyone in SA knows where this program is, I'd apprecriate it.

Atl_Rabb_Fan
09-04-2002, 12:59 AM
Well I would like to see it but beings I am in N.E.Tx all I get in the Shreveport La. channels. Along with channel 7 out of Longview. So looks I am stuck with the Xtra.

[This message has been edited by Atl_Rabb_Fan (edited September 04, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-04-2002, 07:24 AM
Channel 7 out of longview has a high school football show on Friday night. It has decent coverage of East Texas teams. I enjoyed last year on FoxSW. I dont have TXCN, but if that is what it takes this year Ill get it. When I get home from a game on Friday night, I am so keyed up, there is no way to go to sleep, without more football.

Matthew328
09-04-2002, 07:26 AM
To be honest I would rather listen to a radio scoreboard show than watch the mess Fox SW had on last week...