PDA

View Full Version : Hutto vs Taylor: 1st Time In 81 Years!!!!

ILS1
11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
By Scott Joiner

For the first time in 81 years the Taylor Ducks football team will head to Hutto on Friday night with playoff hopes on the line for both teams.

“We need to take care of business Friday night, we need to win,” coach Rick Cobia said. “The scenario is we have a plus 17 factor for the tie breaker since Cameron beat us by 17 and Hutto beat Cameron by 17. So in order for us to get in the tie breaker we have to beat Hutto by more than 17. There is still an outside chance that Cameron beats Liberty Hill, then all we have to do is beat Hutto by one point and we're in. Right now Hutto and 17 points is what we need to be thinking about and what a tremendous mountain in front of us but we're going to go straight up that mountain and find the top of it.”
The Hippos lost in the state championship game last year, so when Hutto was placed in the same district as Taylor before the season, the anticipation leading up to this game began.

“I know last year when the alignment came out the kids saw Hutto,” Cobia said. “That's all they talked about, this year I've caught them in the locker room a few times talking about Hutto. Not to slight other opponents but this is Hutto, the kids are going to be up for them. They've known these kids all their lives, they played little league ball and basketball growing up around one another so the excitement level is high. I'm sure both groups will bring their best game and I've heard our seniors talk about not wanting to be the first group to lose to Hutto, so this is going to be a big game.”

The Ducks coaching staff started preparations for the Hutto game last Friday night shortly after the loss to Liberty Hill. Cobia has recent experience against Hutto having coached against them while at Caldwell, which should help the Ducks work out a game plan.

“We've seen this group before and I've also defended Wampler and Kerley when they were younger,” Cobia said. “They're matured and are stronger and are football smart. We had some success there in Caldwell against them when they were younger and give credit to them and their program. Coach Penland has done a tremendous job getting those kids better each year and I feel like I know a little bit about their offense but its not the same group of kids we played years ago and Taylor has not seen them but we've seen a lot of teams like them. So we're going to prepare ourselves just as we have for everyone else.”

The Hippos have two losses this season, both against top ranked teams in Giddings and Liberty Hill, so the Ducks know they will have to limit their mistakes and figure out how to stop the Hutto offense.

Taylor's season has been frustrating with all the strange bounces and tough penalties called against the team but they might just be due for some of those things to go their way.

“We need to get some breaks in this game, its two good football teams and so far this year we've been snake bitten,” Cobia said. “When we play the good teams we haven't gotten the breaks. We've had balls bouncing the wrong way, we've caused fumbles and they pick up their own fumble, we tip balls and they caught the tipped ball. Flip it riverside and we've fumbled and its at a costly time or we get a pass tipped and they intercept it. We need a night where we get some breaks, of course were not waiting for them to happen. We always preach to make them happen.”

Story Link (www.taylordailypress.net/articles/2006/11/09/sports/news01.txt)

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 08:33 PM
You smell that?

It's a blowout by Hutto

infamous
11-09-2006, 08:38 PM
trust me, Cameron doesn't have a chance against Liberty Hill--hope is a good thing, but please dont put any in this game, it's a FACT Liberty Hill WILL WIN

Taylor and Hutto on the other hand, this will be interesting...if Taylor wins kudos to them...if not then Kudos again...

but seriously LOLZ @ THIS