PDA

View Full Version : anyone from 6-3a

clydewr35
08-09-2003, 04:23 PM
anyone from 6-3a

vet93
08-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Clydewr...there are not many of us who follow 6-3a. There are a couple of posters from Wylie, myself (a Ballinger fan) and one other guy from Ballinger (callandraise) and there was another poster from Clyde last year. There are several others from West Texas who keep up with the district as well as a few from 5-3a who like to keep tabs on 6-3a. Do you think you guys are primed for the playoffs this year? I picked you guys to go to the playoffs last year and Comanche kind of slipped up on everybody. The four teams that I think will battle for a playoff spot are: Wylie, Clyde, Brady and Ballinger...What do you think?

clydewr35
08-10-2003, 05:48 PM
i think we are more then just prime for the playoffs. we will be a senior domanate team and all of us have worked harder then anyone i have seen in clydes past. we have a new head coach (last years off. coordinater) who has made many changes in our program. yes last year comanche did sneek up on us but most of that was because of lack of experence. we will be more prepared this year. ...... and i aggree with you picks for the playoff teams

wildstangs
08-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Nice to have a Clyde poster on board. I am from Sweetwater, too bad you werent here a few years ago when we were in the same district. Looks like Clyde has a legitimate shot at the playoffs this season. I think Ballinger will take the district, and the Clyde - Wylie game will decide the other two spots.

BigW
08-12-2003, 12:59 PM
I think there will be good competition in 6-3A this year.
I have to go with Wylie!
Numbers don't show it but the team is looking good.
Ballinger will beat Clyde if Posey stays healthy.

clydewr35
08-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Wylie will be good because of the number of players they have compared to ballinger and clyde but all three teams will be thought to beat and the district champ could be anyone. posey is good but he did do much damage to us last year the final score was 17 to 14 so i think anything could happen only time will tell

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-12-2003, 01:53 PM
I'll be keeping an eye on your district as the year goes on. I'm a Vernon fan so our districts meet up in the first round of the playoffs. I'll get a sneak peek at Ballinger this weekend. But that will be the only team that I see out of your district. But good luck~

vet93
08-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Hey Z-motion...How is #35 doing? I hope he is having a good set of workouts so far. When you are a senior even the heat of two-a-days is sweet because you know that it is you last hooray! The more I think about the upcoming season, the more I begin to feel that Vernon is underrated. Don't let your boys beat up on us too much on saturday...remember...we are breaking in some knew linemen :) I will not be able to attend the scrimmage (work). If you get a chance, give me a scouting report on both the Bearcats and the Lions. I have not seen the kids practice this year and I really have some concerns about depth and the offensive line play in particular. Let me know what you think. I hope that your son has a great injury free season and maybe we will be able to hook up some time this year at a playoff game. Talk to you later

Z motion 10 out on 2:
I'll be keeping an eye on your district as the year goes on. I'm a Vernon fan so our districts meet up in the first round of the playoffs. I'll get a sneak peek at Ballinger this weekend. But that will be the only team that I see out of your district. But good luck~

1DAWG
08-12-2003, 09:37 PM
I am glad to see the teams in 6-3a looking better.That will help to prepare the 3 teams that make it to the playoffs.
I would also like to see a scouting report from the Vernon-Ballinger scrimmage.

clydewr35
08-13-2003, 12:50 PM
anyone know who wylie is starting at QB? i heard rumors of a soph. but i dont know for sure

BigW
08-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Wylie has 3 QB's a soph. Case Keenum, a jr. Scott Castleberry, and a sr. Jordan Hibbs.
No starter named yet!
Case is looking good!

vet93
08-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Case's dad was my offensive line coach in high school...good man!

BigW:
Wylie has 3 QB's a soph. Case Keenum, a jr. Scott Castleberry, and a sr. Jordan Hibbs.
No starter named yet!
Case is looking good!

renegade*dawg
08-14-2003, 10:44 AM
I remember hearing that Caleb Ensor's little brother would be coming up soon. I think he should be a Jr. Does he QB at all?

BigW
08-14-2003, 12:47 PM
He is a jr. this year and was a qb. He quit football his so. year and only plays basketball now.

renegade*dawg
08-14-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks Big W. Some of us were wondering about him.
Good luck in Brownwood Saturday!

1DAWG
08-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Hey Renegade,
When does Clyde scrimmage and who?

clydewr35
08-15-2003, 12:54 AM
i can answer that renegade is my mom we have a three way scrimmage in breckenridge with breck. and bangs on saturday

BigW
08-15-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks Renegade,
I see Clyde is going to Breck. sat.
Bangs is suppose to be good.
Good luck to yall!

clydewr35
08-16-2003, 06:33 PM
how did the 6 3a teams do in their scrimmages today?

vet93
08-16-2003, 07:33 PM
I heard that Sweetwater beat Brady 4 to 1. I haven't heard about the Ballinger/Vernon Scrimmage yet. I am waiting for Z-motion to give a scouting report about how his son played and how the scrimmage went in general.

clydewr35
08-17-2003, 01:03 AM
who did Wylie play?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Ballinger won 3 to 1. They looked very good. Posey ran wild and there were also a couple of really good receivers. So Ballinger will pose a double threat. The line is a bit smaller than the one from last year but played well. One of the guards played extremely well -- don't know who because they didn't have numbers on them. I'm not sure how their D really is considereing Vernon's Offense is still trying to get this new system down. In other words Vernon's offense at this point is not the quite the caliber of Everman! It may take all the way until district before they get rolling with it real good. They need a lot of practice. But Ballinger is going to be a threat to any team this year. I don;t really know how to take Vernon quite yet. I will just have to wait until after the Sweetwater game to know a little more.

By the way my son did not get to play due to a team rule violation so he had to pay the price of missing this scrimmage.

vet93
08-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Hey Z-motion...thanks for the update. I talked to some of the Ballinger boys today and they felt like that Vernon got after them a little bit and played some good ball. Especially at the first of the scrimmage. I was wondering how the Hall kid did for you guys? I think that Hall is his name. He was the sophomore running back who broke the 70+ yarder for the touchdown last year in the playoffs. He was a big kid who seemed to have a bright future. What kind of scheme has the new coach changed to. It is a spread or something similar to last year? I still think that the Lions may be underrated. Once they get the new offense rolling, they should turn some heads. Keep me posted on the Lions progress. I'll be rooting for you guys to win your district this year. Good luck this season...you have a tough opener against Sweetwater. Hope it is a great game like last year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Hall or Bubba as we call him. He did ok. He had some nice little 4 or 5-yard runs but didn't break anything. He doesn't have the speed that Posey has and I'm not sure he has perfected the art of running the tackler over like Posey has, but that may come as the season progresses. He is a solid back and I'm sure as he gets a feel for the offense he will do better. Vernon has changed to the Wing T offense. So really a triple option type of beast that relies on the keys of the defenders as to what the QB, RB and WB do. I have seen it with Graham, as that is what they run. So it must work well and OU used it when they won the National Title several years’ back. But I think it will take some game time to get it running smoothly. So by district Vernon may be a different team from the start of the season.

I kind of like the spread offense but hey I have never coached so what do I know. I think after the Sweetwater game I will be better able to judge how good they will be. I would have made a prediction of at least 1 playoff victory before the season so who knows. I guess it depends on whom they get from you guys district. Ballinger is going to have a heck of a team this year so it will be who of Vernon to beat Iowa Park to get the second place team from 6 AAA to avoid Ballinger. Seriously Posey is going to be hard enough to contain and then with that passing attack well lets just say Ballinger has a real shot at the show.

vet93
08-18-2003, 01:03 PM
z-motion...Who does Vernon Scrimmage this week? I think that Ballinger's success will be based on the passing attack. If the qb and recievers can keep people honest with the passing game so that a team doesn't know whether we are going to run or pass, then they will do well this year. If people can stack the line to stop Posey without fear of the pass, then it could be a tough season. I will talk to you later...give me an update next week on #35's progress. I would like to keep up with him this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-18-2003, 09:30 PM
Vet:

Vernon goes to take on Canyon this week. Just doen't get any easier for the Lions this pre district schedule. My son is not going to be able to play in this one either. But he has told me that he has learned a valuable lesson and has had tp pay the price. he will get the go against Sweetwater. It seems like thay are going to pass a lot so looking for some picks to start showing up early!

What about the Bearcats? Who next on the list and who is the first game against? That Greenwood game should be the tell tell sign of teh future of both teams. Two good teams that got some playoff depth last year and are eager for more.

vet93
08-19-2003, 08:25 AM
Z-motion...that is a tough 2nd scrimmage. Canyon is very highly regarded this year and they played Greenwood a tough game in the playoffs with most of their kids coming back. Both of your scrimmages ought to prepare you guys for a tough opener with the Mustangs. I am sorry about your boy not being able to play these scrimmages, but he sounds like he has his head on straight. I know that I learned my most valuable lessons from my mistakes! Ballinger plays Goldthwaite in the second scrimmage. They have been a down and out 2A team of late. It concerns me that we play such a lowly regarded team but hopefully we can get in some good reps. Also, sometimes those lowly regarded teams can serve you up a good dose of humble pie if they come out and put the whoop on you. We start the season with Greenwood and then follow up with Bangs (2a finalist last year). Both teams are very physical so they will be good tests for our team. I just hope that we can get out of these games without any injuries. Talk to you later.

ClydeFan
08-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey, it's good to see there is someone else from Clyde! How did the scrimmage go this past Saturday? I'm looking forward to a great football season in 6-3A this year, and I think that Ballinger, Wylie, and Clyde will make the playoffs this year after some hard fought games. Like ClydeWR35 said, we will have a senior dominated team and the kids seem to have a great attitude.

renegade*dawg
08-21-2003, 12:47 PM
The scrimmage went well. Clyde scored on Breck once and Bangs twice. We didn't allow them to score. I think we could have scored more but didn't.
We had some key players injured so it will be interesting to see them at full potential.
They are very excited about this season.
Clyde will scrimmage C-City tonight at 6:00. Come out and watch!

ClydeFan
08-21-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the report, RenegadeDawg. Sounds like a great scrimmage, especially considering that Bangs is a very good team. I hate to hear about the injuries, and hopefully they will be back before too long. I'll be at the scrimmage... can't wait!

Wbulldogs
08-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I have been watchin wylie..and saw when they pacticed wit brownood sat. and they looked pretty good. They will scrimmage brownwood tonight at 7 and it should be a good one...wylies skilled pisition r speedy this should be a good scrimmage...good luck to all yall on the season..God bless

VWG
08-21-2003, 09:51 PM
An update from within dist. 5-3A for y'all.
I didn't attend the scrimmage but people that I know in Graham tell me that Graham's offense has a long way to go before they are in game shape.
Seems that the new QB, a senior, is a good kid but a little slow and had problems with the dive/pitch connections to his RB's. They have a soph. that is pulling second string and he is quick, quick, quick, but played real tentative in his first varsity action.
Graham scrimmaged Little Elm (a once little sleepy town north of Big D, but now feeling the expansion explosion) and they did score on Little Elm 3 or 4 times but it took them until their 4th offensive series to get things crankin'.
Running backs and receivers are very quick, and one RB has good size.
Defense was solid, but I was told that it could have been Little Elm's inept spread offense that made the D look so good. The linebackers are very good. Backers have size (one about 220,4.7 and another at 230, 4.8) but the secondary could be suspect.
First game is against Ft. Worth South Hills, and if the offense doesn't get on track before then it could be an ugly opener.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-22-2003, 12:18 AM
I saw a video sports report on Channel 3 out of Wichita Falls tonight and Graham looked they had some size. Also, all the kids kept talking about was winning one more district title. Seems like they expect it. The news really made them look good. The coach really talked up two linebackers; I'm guessing the ones that you mentioned. I was thinking that this may be Vernon's year to take the district, but with a new head coach and a new offense (the same that Graham runs) I'm not so sure now. It is so hard to get used to a new offense where it runs so smoothly. But then again, I won't really know how they are progressing until they play that first game. It should be an interesting district again this year. Iowa Park should have a good team again. I know as my son has gone through the ranks of football 7-12 now, they have beaten Graham several times and been beaten by Iowa Park once in that spead of time, other than that they have won all their games. I do know that Vernon has some good athletes this year as compared to last because so many are back. Well for what it is worth~

Wbulldogs
08-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Did ne one watch Wylie scrimmage brownwood thursday??