PDA

View Full Version : Guests

GreenMonster
11-09-2006, 01:01 AM
I think the Downlow should close it's borders to foreigners. Force the Guests to register to even be able to read the board. I think they would be more inclined to post, even occasionally if they were members instead of guests. I'd like to know their thoughts instead of them just absorbing my thoughts. Anyways, just an idea, thought I'd throw it out there.

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I think if this were to happen the board would need a bigger server to hold the database of all the user names. Which would cost more money and need users to make many more donations of larger sums. That may not be true but it might.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
I know of several Greenwood people who read the board, but would never be inclined to post...they live through my posts...:D :D

If they had to register to read, they simply wouldn't read!

trenchdweller
11-10-2006, 02:05 PM
how do u reg as a guest

pantherpop
11-18-2006, 02:07 PM
i dont see how anyone can register anymore. you have to have a paid email? i dont even know any email sites where you have to pay.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
i dont see how anyone can register anymore. you have to have a paid email? i dont even know any email sites where you have to pay.
"Paid" being what you get through your internet service provider. (ex: if you have dial-up through ATT, you receive a sbcglobal.net email address)

Emerson1
11-18-2006, 02:38 PM
You don't have to have a pay email. You just can't use yahoo, gmail, hotmail ect.

It has to be something like cooldude@roadrunner.net

I think it's a dumb idea, it isn't keeping ROMees out. It's just preventing regular people from registering, and if they do make it through registration they have to wait a month to have their name approved.