PDA

View Full Version : BCS: To Play or Not to Play?

kepdawg
11-08-2006, 10:40 PM
If your school was playing in the National Championship game, which of the Top 10 would you most like to play? Least like to play?

1 Ohio State
2 Michigan
3 Louisville
4 Florida
5 Texas
6 Auburn
7 Southern California
8 California
9 Notre Dame
10 West Virginia

handNthedirt
11-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Ohio State, of course. Beat the best team in the nation and it's yours...no arguments, no non-sense.

wedo
11-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Ohio State, of course. Beat the best team in the nation and it's yours...no arguments, no non-sense.

same here. has to be tOSU!

AggieJohn
11-08-2006, 11:24 PM
most like: auburn
least like: louisville(they scare the hell outta me)

wedo
11-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
most like: auburn
least like: louisville(they scare the hell outta me)

Yeah Auburn hasn't been playin great as of late. IMO da ville is a great team and if they go undeafted they deserve to go to the NC, but i don't think that they are one of the top 5 teams in the nation. IMO there are some better teams with one loss or two losses that could beat da ville!

GOFOR2
11-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Louisville is not worthy.
Florida will lose the SEC title game.
Michigan-OSU........the only thing I fear is a blow out, but I think McCoy has grown up alot since 17-7.

big daddy russ
11-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Most: right now, Auburn. Ask me in two weeks when everyone's healthy, it'll be Notre Dame. They're the team that can hang with anyone but won't blow anyone out.
Least: Michigan (that's right, the Wolverines over the Buckeyes), but I'd actually rather face MU than LSU right now

GOFOR2
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I will agree with him. He's got a good point.

mchavez
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I would like Texas to play Ohio State again! I think Texas could beat them this time!!

I wouldn't want to play WV, the game would be to boring, Texas would spank them!!

GOFOR2
11-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Outside of OSU and maybe Michigan, I think UT has the most talented team in the nation.

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Ohio State - best

Auburn - weakest

handNthedirt
11-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Auburn has the talent to be scary...one of those "the blood's in the water and the sharks are circling" teams, they're just reeeeally inconsistent....depending on which team I was, L'ville wouldn't worry me...anybody else...give me Cal, ND, WV, or Florida...and if we're talkin Fightin Farmer Football...gimme the huskers, and the bonghorns!!!

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Auburn has talent at the RB and o-line. Not at QB and receiver positions. Their defense is suspect

big daddy russ
11-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Auburn has talent at the RB and o-line. Not at QB and receiver positions. Their defense is suspect
Sorry, man, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. QB Brandon Cox is being touted at as a pro prospect and Auburn's been labeled as having "the best receivers in the SEC"... and that includes the Sidney Rice-led South Carolina Gamecocks. Courtney Taylor and Rod Smith are All-SEC types, and Tommy Trott is a great outlet underneath.

This website (http://www.draftstock.com/site_main/content/view/60/50/) has him listed as the 89th-best prospect out of the class of 2008. That would put him in round 3, a first-day prospect. Now it hasn't been updated since March, but everything I've heard says he hasn't moved a whole lot one way or the other. He reminds me a whole lot of his predacessor, Jason Campbell, just faster.

Also, I wouldn't say the D is suspect. It's one of the top five in the nation. The only team to score more than 17 on them was Arkie (with 27). That includes high-power offenses like Florida and Wazzu.

Fourth-best scoring defense in the nation (11.5 ppg), 13th in yards allowed per game (276.0), and 27th in passing yards allowed (1589 in 10 games... only three teams who have played ten are ahead of them).

The problem right now is the offensive line, not the skill guys or defense. The skill guys are healthy, but the line's not. They haven't been for about five or six weeks now.

Both the first- and second-string centers were out, and the Tigers had to replace them by sliding their starting RT (who was "at 75%" with a high ankle sprain) over to C, moving their starting RG (another high ankle sprain, against "at 75%) over to tackle, and giving a green lineman his first start ever at RG.

That's why Ole Miss had a field day with Auburn. The Rebels have that young, athletic defensive line (which is already one of the best in the SEC) and they just chewed up the Tigers' front five.

Their line has been in flux all year, so they haven't really had a chance to play together and gel. But like I said earlier, ask me again in two weeks and I'd slide Auburn up to Michigan/OSU/UT/LSU territory. Auburn got their starting C back last week (Joe Cope... second-stringer Jason Bosley is out for the year) and they're giving all-conference RT Jonathan Palmer and RG Tim Duckworth (the guys who were playing at 75%) a few weeks to rest up. Palmer comes back against UGA (gotta have someone who can contain Quentin Moses and Charles Johnson) and Duckworth comes back against 'Bama.

I don't see Arkie winning out, but I can see them going to the SEC Championship, so that gives Auburn a month and a half to work out their injury problems. Why a month and a half? Because I think they pick up one of the BCS bids... more than likely a trip to the Sugar Bowl.

wedo
11-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Most: right now, Auburn. Ask me in two weeks when everyone's healthy, it'll be Notre Dame. They're the team that can hang with anyone but won't blow anyone out.
Least: Michigan (that's right, the Wolverines over the Buckeyes), but I'd actually rather face MU than LSU right now

IM a Texas fan but IMO LSU is the most talented team in the nation, on paper they can beat anybody. Norte Dame is overrated IMO the ofense is good but the defense just stinks. The other day on College coaches spotlight that one guy from espnu was calling Norte Dame's free saftey Zimacowki (sp) the most overrated defensive player in college football. Not that everything espn says is true but im glad im not the only one that saw that he wasn't that good, he gets beat deep way to much! Auburn recievers have not stepped up in a big game this year!

big daddy russ
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by wedo
... Auburn recievers have not stepped up in a big game this year!
Check the LSU and Ole Miss games.