PDA

View Full Version : Butch Davis Reportedly Hired As HC @ North Carolina

ILS1
11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
The University of North Carolina has reached an agreement with Butch Davis for him to become its next football coach, two sources close to the search process said this afternoon.

One of the sources said that a contract has been signed.

Both sources indicated that school officials are trying to decide when to announce the hiring and introduce Davis as the coach. UNC will play Georgia Tech in its homecoming game Saturday at Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill.

A third source said that it appears that a contract has been signed, but that he could not confirm it.

Steve Kirschner, an associate athletics director and UNC’s sports-information director, said that the school had nothing to report today on the coaching search.

Other UNC officials in the athletics department and school administration could not be reached immediately by the Winston-Salem Journal.

Davis became UNC’s top choice last week.

UNC is seeking a replacement for John Bunting, who was fired Oct. 22 effective at the end of the season. UNC is 1-8 overall and 0-5 in the ACC this season and 25-44 overall under Bunting, who is in his sixth season.

Davis has been out of coaching since the 2004 NFL season, when he was fired by the Cleveland Browns. He also was the coach at the University of Miami, where he had a 51-20 record in six seasons before joining the Browns in 2000.

Story Link (www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149191587127)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2006, 07:48 PM
he was holding out for the Cowboys head coaching job but once he heard Jeff Fisher is Jerry Jones first choice when the time comes he accepted this offer.

mwynn05
11-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I think Bill has one more year then hes gone

NDFootball
11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Please let's hire a real coach for the 'Boys this time ><

No Dave Campo's I'm begging Jerry Jones, or I'll become a Bears fan.