PDA

View Full Version : That a kid Colt...

mchavez
11-08-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2600&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Old Tiger
11-08-2006, 04:27 PM
:clap:congrats:clap:

Adidas410s
11-08-2006, 04:27 PM
not a surprise here...ESPN has him up to #4 in their Heisman voting. Sure would be interesting to see Colt McCoy named a Heisman Trophy Finalist and get to go to the ceremony in NYC. Anything he accomplishes...he deserves it for being written off by many before he ever set foot in Austin and onto the field.

handNthedirt
11-08-2006, 04:30 PM
as an Ag, I applaud Colt and all he's been able to do this year. his future looks bright! I hope his next helmet has a STAR on it so I can route for him!

wedo
11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
That is a great accomplishment! And a slap in the face of Lee Corso. Does anyone remember after the Texas lost to tOSU in and gameday was there and after the game Corso said the McCoy was not he qb for this team and this Texas team isn't Texas of usual ? And did anyone see what he did on gameday last week when picking Oklahoma State to beat Texas?

mchavez
11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
as an Ag, I applaud Colt and all he's been able to do this year. his future looks bright! I hope his next helmet has a STAR on it so I can route for him!

Are you talking about this past gameday, or the one that was in Austin!!

mchavez
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by wedo
That is a great accomplishment! And a slap in the face of Lee Corso. Does anyone remember after the Texas lost to tOSU in and gameday was there and after the game Corso said the McCoy was not he qb for this team and this Texas team isn't Texas of usual ? And did anyone see what he did on gameday last week when picking Oklahoma State to beat Texas?

Are you talking about this past gameday, or the one that was in Austin?

Adidas410s
11-08-2006, 04:43 PM

I'll have to go back and watch his picks again. I do remember that he picked Ok State as his upset pick. I thought his pick of Oklahoma over A&M was absolutely hilarious.

wedo
11-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Are you talking about this past gameday, or the one that was in Austin?

Both

Boosty_Hondo
11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
wow what a great accomplishment as a freshman

Maroon87
11-08-2006, 05:38 PM

I think ESPN is still wiping egg off of their face after the Rose Bowl.

g$$
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Colt deserves all the credit he is getting. Lots of poise & maturity. He has done well. Pretty fair team around him too.

Mack Brown is on record as saying "I do not think any freshman should be up for the Heisman".

Why? It is not a lifetime achievement award. He may end up as one of the invitees to NYC.

Phil C
11-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Coach Brown probably wants to keep some of the pressure off his young quarterback.

g$$
11-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I know, but still an odd comment. Esp. as much as Mack likes to use the media in his favor. Mack is smooth & polished with the media. Remember the Cal controversy?