PDA

View Full Version : Liberty-Eylau @ Atlanta

loyalleopard
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Who wins this one for the District Championship??

big daddy russ
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by loyalleopard
Who wins this one for the District Championship??
I really think it's going to be a great game. Wish I could be there.

Liberty-Eylau's a top ten-caliber team, but Atlanta's really turned it on the last few weeks, and you know the deal with Atlanta... every other year.

Well it's been two years, hasn't it? Should be a great game. From what I hear (never seen either), two of the fastest teams out there.

Aesculus gilmus
11-08-2006, 03:20 PM
No, it's been three actually. So 2005 should have been their year.

Atlanta may have improved since the 49-12 loss to Gilmer, but it's that one-dimensional offense that's the problem.

If you can't pass, in today's brand of high school football, you had just better not get behind. There's no way to catch up with someone like Gilmer if you do.

I'm not bragging on Gilmer in particular. This is true against any team that spreads it around.

Vince Lombardi
11-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I will give Atlanta the win on this one! I will also say that the rabbs will play a few rounds in the playoffs. They are a very athletic team with aaallloooottt of speed...

Gobbla2001
11-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
No, it's been three actually. So 2005 should have been their year.

Atlanta may have improved since the 49-12 loss to Gilmer, but it's that one-dimensional offense that's the problem.

If you can't pass, in today's brand of high school football, you had just better not get behind. There's no way to catch up with someone like Gilmer if you do.

I'm not bragging on Gilmer in particular. This is true against any team that spreads it around.

According the way their game against Gilmer panned out, Atlanta's a pretty salty ball-club... they held Gilmer to 49 points... nuff said...

they're shuttin' down LE