PDA

View Full Version : Most Rushing Yards in 3A?

Eagles52
11-08-2006, 10:39 AM
What player is leading 3a in rushing yards? I'd think Brock Fitzhenry would have to be up there pretty high but I don't have his stats.

kaorder1999
11-08-2006, 10:44 AM
3A RUSHING

STURNS, RUSK
191 carries
1944 yards
31 td's

FITZHENRY, GIDDINGS
180 carries
1878 yards
23 td's

Snyder_TigerFan
11-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Try this site out....
Stats... (http://secure.assistantcoach.net/AssociationSystem/PressBox/Statistics.aspx)

kaorder1999
11-08-2006, 10:48 AM
thats where I got those stats...you have to select 3A then Offensive Stats then you can sort the different categories!

BTEXDAD
11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Eagles52
What player is leading 3a in rushing yards? I'd think Brock Fitzhenry would have to be up there pretty high but I don't have his stats.

Fitzhenry is unbelievable athlete. If Nebraska was still running their offense from a few years back, he'd be perfect fit. Reminds me of Eric Crouch (heisman winner in 2001).
Do many teams still run option in college?

Funk-d-fied
11-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Pecos has abig boy who put up stats on a team where he was the focal point.

big daddy russ
11-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Fitzhenry is unbelievable athlete. If Nebraska was still running their offense from a few years back, he'd be perfect fit. Reminds me of Eric Crouch (heisman winner in 2001).
Nope. About the only ones who still do are the service academies.

Old Tiger
11-08-2006, 01:03 PM
He would be a great fit at Georgia Southern(1-AA)

wimbo_pro
11-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Be careful with that THSCA site. You'll see about half (if not more) of the schools do not report to it. Also, I have found many errors on those that do. But I think there is no doubt these two kids are definitely the best in that category.

kaorder1999
11-08-2006, 05:21 PM
you have to be careful whatever site you look at for stats. In most cases the papers usually get the stats from the coaches...the same people who submit to the THSCA website...

theyoefnshow
11-08-2006, 05:50 PM
How cool of a freakin name is "brock?" lol

Pudlugger
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Hunter Callis is not listed. He has over 1000 yds rushing and would be in the top 25 but apparently LG does not report to this site.

Eagles52
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
TigerWr,
It gets very irritating seeing you bash Brock and Giddings in general at just about any opportunity. Just thought I'd share my opinion of you, since you have no issue sharing yours about Brock. I think he has a chance to play (not as a QB) at a much better school than a 1-AA Georgia Southern. Perhaps you meant that as a compliment, but I doubt it, and given your past history on the board, there was no way to take it any other way.

Old Tiger
11-08-2006, 08:18 PM
TigerWr,
It gets very irritating seeing you bash Brock and Giddings in general at just about any opportunity. Just thought I'd share my opinion of you, since you have no issue sharing yours about Brock. I think he has a chance to play (not as a QB) at a much better school than a 1-AA Georgia Southern. Perhaps you meant that as a compliment, but I doubt it, and given your past history on the board, there was no way to take it any other way. Georgia Southern runs an offense similar to Giddings that's why I said he would be a good fit. I have many friends in Giddings that graduated in '06. I have no problems with Giddings and I expressed my opinion that Brock does not have a good arm. That is not bashing Giddings in any way or Brock. He is a hell of an athlete in track and as a running back so to say.

Crow22
11-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Georgia Southern's a bad@ss program.

Not sure how that would be considered a cut down, Eagles...

mrescape43
11-08-2006, 09:19 PM

Wasn't Eric Crouch an unbelievable loser! He shouldn't have been a candidate much less heisman winner. Where is he now?

gold_33
11-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Fitzhenry is a great athlete and has amazing speed but you have to wonder how much his body can handle. He had like 250 carries last year and so far 180 this year and hes still a junior, thats a lot of wear and tear on the body and hes not a big guy and if he goes down Giddings is toast. It reminds me alot of Casey Kociuba of Liberty Hill last year, he had 200+ carries since he was a sophmore and got injured in the playoffs I think. Its hard for high school athletes to take that much pounding and something not give also look at Jordan Shipley his body was wore down when he got to college and the injury bug caught up with him.

Eagles52
11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Well, first, he is talking about Brock moving on as a QB, which is very unlikely. He would have a good chance at playing D1 somewhere as a defensive back/kick returner type. But Tiger, I'm referring to the fact that I've seen you actually attack Brock's character on this board. So forgive me if I have a light trigger on the subject, it's just irritating after a while.

Eagles52
11-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Wasn't Eric Crouch an unbelievable loser! He shouldn't have been a candidate much less heisman winner. Where is he now?

He refused to play any position other than QB in the NFL (despite a weak arm), and so he is now out of the league. I heard he was planning a comeback this year and that he would try defensive back (which is where his NFL future would have been) but I don't know if he did or what happened from there. Great athlete though

Highschoolfan78
11-09-2006, 01:54 AM
He refused to play any position other than QB in the NFL (despite a weak arm), and so he is now out of the league. I heard he was planning a comeback this year and that he would try defensive back (which is where his NFL future would have been) but I don't know if he did or what happened from there. Great athlete though

I would have taken him for special teams if nothing else.. The dude could fly

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Well, first, he is talking about Brock moving on as a QB, which is very unlikely. He would have a good chance at playing D1 somewhere as a defensive back/kick returner type. But Tiger, I'm referring to the fact that I've seen you actually attack Brock's character on this board. So forgive me if I have a light trigger on the subject, it's just irritating after a while. Yea well I didn't like it much last year when he punched me getting up after I tackled him when I was the last defender left to get him and prevented him from getting a long TD. So i'm bitter to the fact of that and the other games I've watched he has shown a bad attitude when things haven't gone his way. That is my opinion. I wasn't trying to bash Brock.

LHPfactory
11-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Brent Bode of LH is doing well. He has over 1200 yds in 8 games and has a 10.2 avg compared to Brocks 10.1.... (splitting hairs hahaha).

Darren
11-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Georgia Southern runs an offense similar to Giddings that's why I said he would be a good fit. I have many friends in Giddings that graduated in '06. I have no problems with Giddings and I expressed my opinion that Brock does not have a good arm. That is not bashing Giddings in any way or Brock. He is a hell of an athlete in track and as a running back so to say.

I am calling Bull on this one. The Eagle52 was right on every post about Giddings you do nothing but try to stir up trouble. I think you are still young dumb and full of _ _ _ so people have been letting it slide. But enough is enough.

raider red 2000
11-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Yea well I didn't like it much last year when he punched me getting up after I tackled him when I was the last defender left to get him and prevented him from getting a long TD. So i'm bitter to the fact of that and the other games I've watched he has shown a bad attitude when things haven't gone his way. That is my opinion. I wasn't trying to bash Brock.

GO GET EM TIGER :)

mrescape43
11-09-2006, 11:43 AM

I think that he would be a very good defensive back but in college he wasn't near the best QB much less best player.

BTEXDAD
11-09-2006, 12:05 PM
I think that he would be a very good defensive back but in college he wasn't near the best QB much less best player.

The voting was close that year. Here's the list. Not sure who should have beaten him out. What do you think?
Records were all thru 2001. Not sure how he ranks career wise now.
I don't like Nebraska, but I know Crouch was a pain in the butt to any team that played against him. Just like Fitzhenry is for Giddings.

2001 - 67th Award
Eric Crouch
Nebraska Back

At 6-feet 1-inch and 200 pounds, Eric Crouch is the third Cornhusker to capture the Heisman, following 1972 winner Johnny Rodgers and 1983 winner Mike Rozier. Crouch is the all-time record holder for total offense in the Big 12 with 7,915. He is the 13th player in NCAA Division 1-A history to run and throw for more than 1,000 yards in a season. Crouch entered his senior season with 2,319 rushing yards and 41 touchdowns which was already more than any other Nebraska quarterback. Crouch kept adding to his totals with 1,510 passing yards and 1,115 rushing through 12 games. His 18 rushing touchdowns in 2001 brought his career total to 59 while his seven touchdown passes gave him 29 for his career. Crouch ran for more that 100 yards a half-dozen times, and guided his team into the national top 10 all three years he was at the helm of the offense. After graduation from the University of Nebraska, Crouch was drafted in the third-round by the St. Louis Rams.

The Voting

Place Name School Class Position 1 2 3 Total
1st Eric Crouch Nebraska Sr. QB 162 98 88 770
2nd Rex Grossman Florida So. QB 137 105 87 708
3rd Ken Dorsey Miami (Fl.) Jr. QB 109 122 67 638
4th Joey Harrington Oregon Sr. QB 54 68 66 364
5th David Carr Fresno State Sr. QB 34 60 58 280
6th Antwaan Randle El Indiana Sr. QB 46 69 51 267
7th Roy Williams Oklahoma Jr. DB 13 36 35 146
8th Bryant McKinnie Miami (Fl.) Sr. OL 26 12 14 116
9th Dwight Freeney Syracuse Sr. DE 2 6 24 42
10th Julius Peppers North Carolina Jr. DE 2 10 15 41

Crouch edged out sophomore quarterback Rex Grossman of Florida by a mere 62 points, the closest margin since 1985 when Bo Jackson beat Chuck Long by 45 points.

mrescape43
11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
The voting was close that year. Here's the list. Not sure who should have beaten him out. What do you think?
Records were all thru 2001. Not sure how he ranks career wise now.
I don't like Nebraska, but I know Crouch was a pain in the butt to any team that played against him. Just like Fitzhenry is for Giddings.

2001 - 67th Award
Eric Crouch
Nebraska Back

At 6-feet 1-inch and 200 pounds, Eric Crouch is the third Cornhusker to capture the Heisman, following 1972 winner Johnny Rodgers and 1983 winner Mike Rozier. Crouch is the all-time record holder for total offense in the Big 12 with 7,915. He is the 13th player in NCAA Division 1-A history to run and throw for more than 1,000 yards in a season. Crouch entered his senior season with 2,319 rushing yards and 41 touchdowns which was already more than any other Nebraska quarterback. Crouch kept adding to his totals with 1,510 passing yards and 1,115 rushing through 12 games. His 18 rushing touchdowns in 2001 brought his career total to 59 while his seven touchdown passes gave him 29 for his career. Crouch ran for more that 100 yards a half-dozen times, and guided his team into the national top 10 all three years he was at the helm of the offense. After graduation from the University of Nebraska, Crouch was drafted in the third-round by the St. Louis Rams.

The Voting

Place Name School Class Position 1 2 3 Total
1st Eric Crouch Nebraska Sr. QB 162 98 88 770
2nd Rex Grossman Florida So. QB 137 105 87 708
3rd Ken Dorsey Miami (Fl.) Jr. QB 109 122 67 638
4th Joey Harrington Oregon Sr. QB 54 68 66 364
5th David Carr Fresno State Sr. QB 34 60 58 280
6th Antwaan Randle El Indiana Sr. QB 46 69 51 267
7th Roy Williams Oklahoma Jr. DB 13 36 35 146
8th Bryant McKinnie Miami (Fl.) Sr. OL 26 12 14 116
9th Dwight Freeney Syracuse Sr. DE 2 6 24 42
10th Julius Peppers North Carolina Jr. DE 2 10 15 41

Crouch edged out sophomore quarterback Rex Grossman of Florida by a mere 62 points, the closest margin since 1985 when Bo Jackson beat Chuck Long by 45 points.

There were some good players on this list.

BTEXDAD
11-09-2006, 12:11 PM
There were some good players on this list.

Almost looks like Crouch got recognized for it because of his career accomplishments more than just any one great season.
I think he started for all or part of four years. He was good, just not your prototypical QB.

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I am calling Bull on this one. The Eagle52 was right on every post about Giddings you do nothing but try to stir up trouble. I think you are still young dumb and full of _ _ _ so people have been letting it slide. But enough is enough. Okay yea I just made that story up about the game. I really didn't play against Giddings my senior year it was all make believe. As a matter of fact I was in the band:rolleyes:

mustang04
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
young dumb and full of _ _ _

full of what darren???? if it's what i think it is like it is quoted on the movie POINT BREAK...then i try to remain empty of that on a daily basis!:D

i might be young...but i aint dumb....and i am full of common now, you didn't think i was going to say it did you???:D

cozbyrt
11-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Jeremi Calhoun from Van has 1466yds and 19tds so far this season. This is according to this website:

http://www.van.sprnet.org/CAMPUSES/High%20School/Sports/Football/FB%20STATS/Van%20vs%20Canton%2011-2-06.pdf

Still below Sturns though.

Darren
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Okay yea I just made that story up about the game. I really didn't play against Giddings my senior year it was all make believe. As a matter of fact I was in the band:rolleyes:

Sounds about right. The rockdale football team is made up of players of the about the same talent of most schools bands.

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Sounds about right. The rockdale football team is made up of players of the about the same talent of most schools bands. :clap: Congrats buddy!

KL3
11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Yea well I didn't like it much last year when he punched me getting up after I tackled him when I was the last defender left to get him and prevented him from getting a long TD. So i'm bitter to the fact of that and the other games I've watched he has shown a bad attitude when things haven't gone his way. That is my opinion. I wasn't trying to bash Brock.

I'm not on anyone's side here, but I was told from someone who was on the sidelines at the Bellville/Giddings game that Fitzhenry will definately run his mouth during the game. He will let you know if he does something good.

Darren
11-09-2006, 03:43 PM
:clap: Congrats buddy!

Truth hurts..

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Truth hurts.. You should be proud of yourself for downgrading a bunch of high school kids and questioning how how hard they work for their achievments and skills.

Darren
11-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Please---- I think that the reason this discussion started was because of your class of lack there of.

Old Tiger
11-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh yea...I just a lack of class for talking about an incident with Brock.

mustang04
11-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Sounds about right. The rockdale football team is made up of players of the about the same talent of most schools bands.

BS....I really hope BBDE doesn't read that, you Darren, are an idiot!

buff4life
11-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I'm not on anyone's side here, but I was told from someone who was on the sidelines at the Bellville/Giddings game that Fitzhenry will definately run his mouth during the game. He will let you know if he does something good.
well when people try to deliberately take him out of the game....cameron kneed him in the back of the head/neck last year in a pile giving him a concussion...hutto once or twice taking a cheapshot in the backfield after handing the ball off and just standing there...and numerous players twisting ankles and punching in piles...can rile a player up and get his mouth moving