PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Sealy?

LHPfactory
11-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I went to Houston this weekend and was reminded of the 3A powerhouse of the 90's by a faded old bilboard on I10 just west of Katy. You could faintly read Title town state champs 78, 94, 95, 96, and 97..... Man what a run. They are struggling now. What happened to that program?

GreenMonster
11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
TJ Mills went to Mojo-land and fell off the face of the earth.

BTEXDAD
11-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
TJ Mills went to Mojo-land and fell off the face of the earth.

Correct, imo.
1978 was Eric Dickerson's senior year. He was most dominant high school running back I ever saw.

The titles in 90's were with Mills as head coach. They had some very strong teams.
Mills took the job at Permian and found that in class 5A, he was no longer able to win the recruiting wars like he did in 3A.

Adidas410s
11-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Correct, imo.
1978 was Eric Dickerson's senior year. He was most dominant high school running back I ever saw.

The titles in 90's were with Mills as head coach. They had some very strong teams.
Mills took the job at Permian and found that in class 5A, he was no longer able to win the recruiting wars like he did in 3A.

winning the recruiting wars wasn't the problem in Odessa. The problem is that the talent in that town is gone...

BTEXDAD
11-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
winning the recruiting wars wasn't the problem in Odessa. The problem is that the talent in that town is gone...

Haven't been out there in a long time. Has population and talent pool dropped over years with downturn in oil patch, or have the talented players moved over (been recruited) to Midland?