PDA

View Full Version : Seen Decatur and Wylie

Gsquared
11-08-2006, 07:46 AM
and I dont think Decatur will beat Wylie.

injuredinmelee
11-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I think it will be a great battle. Decatur seems loaded. IF Trant isnt running over people Cobb is runing over them or throwing over them. Will take a great effort by the Bulldogs.

VWG
11-08-2006, 09:28 AM
The key to beating Decatur, and I have said it all year long, is stopping Cobb. He is the QB, he controls the offense. Just look at the guys stats.

Adidas410s
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by VWG
The key to beating Decatur, and I have said it all year long, is stopping Cobb. He is the QB, he controls the offense. Just look at the guys stats.

same thing with Wylie. Stop Edwards...and take away Matt Smith as his #1 target and you've gone a long way towards stopping Wylie's offense. Edwards is averaging about 110 passing and another 85 running per game. Also, Matt Smith has 26 catches for 338 yards...twice as many catches and nearly 3x as many yards as the next kid on the team.

mrescape43
11-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Wylie really showed something coming from behind and defeating a very good Sweetwater team. My guess is that Wylie wins a close one.

Gsquared
11-08-2006, 10:36 AM
After watching both teams, Wylie is a better up front. Think it will be hard fought but I really believe Wylie will able to get the push on both sides of the ball.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think it will be a great battle. Decatur seems loaded. IF Trant isnt running over people Cobb is runing over them or throwing over them. Will take a great effort by the Bulldogs.

Way to play up the opponent, injured. Wylie is very good and you know it. It will take a great effort for either team to beat the other. Just like any other matchup of two good teams, the team with the fewest mistakes (turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles) will win the game. Both teams have good athletes on both sides of the ball.

As a fan of the game, I hope for a mistake free ballgame on both sides and the better team wins on heart and execution.

As a fan of Decatur, I hope for three turnovers from Wylie, and at least 1 dropped pooch kick, for the Sweetwater fans in the stadium. (just kidding SW fans)

Send_the_House
11-08-2006, 01:58 PM
None of your opinions matter...

Leon is the only one I listen to on these boards anyhow...

All you Decatur people... lets worry about beating Bowie and avoiding that embarrasing district loss like we had last year...

Gsquared
11-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
Way to play up the opponent, injured. Wylie is very good and you know it. It will take a great effort for either team to beat the other. Just like any other matchup of two good teams, the team with the fewest mistakes (turnovers, penalties, dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles) will win the game. Both teams have good athletes on both sides of the ball.

As a fan of the game, I hope for a mistake free ballgame on both sides and the better team wins on heart and execution.

As a fan of Decatur, I hope for three turnovers from Wylie, and at least 1 dropped pooch kick, for the Sweetwater fans in the stadium. (just kidding SW fans)
Basket Weaver, very good reply! Something I didnt shed light on in my original post was that these teams are almost equal in talent. I think Wylie has a slight advantage between the tackles but as you stated, these two are close enough that one mistake could cost either team the ball game. Kind of a shame to see two great programs having to meet in the first round.

injuredinmelee
11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
None of your opinions matter...

Leon is the only one I listen to on these boards anyhow...

All you Decatur people... lets worry about beating Bowie and avoiding that embarrasing district loss like we had last year...

leon? You need help my friend