PDA

View Full Version : bulldogs 3-0 in district play

bulldogvet85
10-14-2003, 10:53 PM
How bout them marion bulldogs? started the season off rough being 0-4 but are 3-0 in district play. Matt L. is tearing things up on defense and offense. Josh balderas And Tyler Zunker have this great connection through the air. They made some changes on offense that have really benifited them such as, putting John Alinz (brick hands) at tailback. I dont know how he is doing it but he is so hats off to him. He has had some awesome games. like three weeks ago he had 200+ yards rushing against west campus. Balderas has proven that he can thred the needle when need to him and Zunker have put up some amazing numbers over the last few weeks. Who would of thought that the bulldogs would have made this big of a turn around in just one year and in a couple of weeks. Defensively they are strong as always with a great defensive coach like they have thats not a problem. The defense is lead by Matt luedeke who is averaging 12 tackles a game. He has defenitly become alot better since last seaon and looks to continue to improve. I know I'm ready to see how there district ends up. Good luck to the marion bulldogs!!!!

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

mhsb
10-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Well put bulldogvet. The Marion Bulldogs may have started out with some tough losses but it made them all the better. This new coach they received has done nothing but wonders. Scott Forrester is prolly one of the greatest coaches around. He makes an impact on peoples lives and changes things for the better. He took a team of scrubs and turned them into young men who have all the fight in the world in them. He has taught them to be discipline and that you can do anything you set your mind to, but most of all he has taught them that "no matter what" you will find a way to win. Best of luck to the dawgs and grab that district title that is at the tip of your hands.

BulldogGrl64
10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Although you have great confidence in your team, I must say that the bulldogs are coming up against some tough competition in the next three weeks. Somerset, LaVernia, and Lytle are 3 strong teams this year. But if the bulldogs are as good as you say they are, then they might actually have a chance. I just hope they don't choke and let a big victory slip through their hands when coming up against LaVernia, but only time will tell.

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 12:29 PM
BulldogGrl64:
Although you have great confidence in your team, I must say that the bulldogs are coming up against some tough competition in the next three weeks. Somerset, LaVernia, and Lytle are 3 strong teams this year. But if the bulldogs are as good as you say they are, then they might actually have a chance. I just hope they don't choke and let a big victory slip through their hands when coming up against LaVernia, but only time will tell.Well I dont know what you mean by lytle being a strong team. What games have you been watching they are worse than they were last year they lost there only stud Walters who graduated and they had a good QB this year but is supposed to be out for the season with a knee injury. But true somerset and la vernia games will be the true test for the bulldogs.

BulldogGrl64
10-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Although Lytle may not be as good as they were last year, they are still ranked #3 in the District and are still 3-3 for the season and 2-0 in District. They have just as much of a chance of coming back strong as Marion does. No one expected the bulldogs to go far at all after the start of their season, but something snapped and they got their act together and have really changed a lot of people's opinions about them. It would be nice to see Marion beat LaVernia. I just hope your bulldogs can put some bark behind their bite against the bears. Good luck to both teams!

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 04:25 PM
BulldogGrl64:
Although Lytle may not be as good as they were last year, they are still ranked #3 in the District and are still 3-3 for the season and 2-0 in District. They have just as much of a chance of coming back strong as Marion does. No one expected the bulldogs to go far at all after the start of their season, but something snapped and they got their act together and have really changed a lot of people's opinions about them. It would be nice to see Marion beat LaVernia. I just hope your bulldogs can put some bark behind their bite against the bears. Good luck to both teams!but look who lytle has played so far this year too!!! the losing streak of no wins for 4yrs of west campus and then they played jourdanton. they still havent played marion,somerset,and La vernia the real challenge of that district

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

mhsb
10-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Who are you bulldoggurl64 and how do you know so much about our district?

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 09:43 PM
mhsb:
Who are you bulldoggurl64 and how do you know so much about our district?you sound like you lived there or played there maybe you are not a girl and you are that one guy I heard about that quit playing football to be the mascot. So who are you?

bulldogvet85
10-16-2003, 11:03 PM
bulldoggurl64 when do you plan to respond? So how do you know what you know about marion?

jgbulldog
10-17-2003, 11:35 AM
but look who lytle has played so far this year too!!! the losing streak of no wins for 4yrs of west campus and then they played jourdanton. they still havent played marion,somerset,and La vernia the real challenge of that district
What are you talking about?? You have played the same teams that Lytle has!! What an idiot!! The only reason that YOUR team is 3-0 because they've played the team with the 34 game losing streak, and Jourdanton and Poteet. Theis is probably the 3rd weakest district in the state. You guys are in for a rude awakening IF you make the playoffs!

bulldogvet85
10-17-2003, 11:45 AM
jgbulldog:

but look who lytle has played so far this year too!!! the losing streak of no wins for 4yrs of west campus and then they played jourdanton. they still havent played marion,somerset,and La vernia the real challenge of that district
What are you talking about?? You have played the same teams that Lytle has!! What an idiot!! The only reason that YOUR team is 3-0 because they've played the team with the 34 game losing streak, and Jourdanton and Poteet. Theis is probably the 3rd weakest district in the state. You guys are in for a rude awakening IF you make the playoffs!I didnt say they were going to to win in the play-offs they will prolly make it though. We will know more after what happens tonight. But they are doing better than they did last year and better than what they started the seaon. They are a real good team.

bulldogvet85
10-17-2003, 11:48 AM
hey jgbulldog what is it that you have against marion? If I remember you started a post like a year ago that was false about a QB from marion.

BulldogGrl64
10-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Bulldogvet I agree with you that Marion, LaVernia, and Somerset will be the true test for Lytle. But with strong players like McConathy and Carillo, Lytle has been able to go into District off to a good start, only time will tell though. As we all know though, not all teams that start off strong finish the same way as we saw with the Bulldogs in the Playoffs of 2001. But this could be anyone's year, it is still too early to tell. One simple mistake can change the entire course of any given game. Winners can become losers in the blink of an eye and unfortunately, not everyone can win. But we will see what this years' Bulldogs are really made of come next week as they try to defend their territory in "M-Town" against the Bears. That's one game that I can not wait to see! As far as who I am though......lets just say that I am a fan! wink

BulldogGrl64
10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
jgbulldog what is your deal? You are from Marion, but yet you put down Marion? Something isn't right here. What's with the hostility towards the Bulldogs? Maybe YOU are the football player that quit to become a mascot and this is your way of getting back at everyone that made fun of you. Let me explain something to you: a win is a win no matter who it is against, where it is played, the weather conditions during the course of the game, or any other factors that may come into play. Marion's stats don't read "3-0(but only because they played some teams that were easy to beat)"! They read 3-0 because they won the games fair and square. The Bulldogs started the season off to a rough start, but have really pulled together and have done good in District. Why not be supportive of your team? Unless you are the gay mascot and then I could understand why you wouldn't be supportive.

bulldogvet85
10-17-2003, 12:18 PM
bulldoggurl64 I wanna know how you know so much that you do. for example player names from lytle? Where are you from? Who are you?

BulldogGrl64
10-17-2003, 12:46 PM
bulldogvet, I think you have an idea of who I MIGHT be.

BulldogGrl64
10-17-2003, 02:03 PM
bulldogvet what is your prediction for tonight?

bulldogvet85
10-17-2003, 02:47 PM
I think marion has a real good chance of winning tonight i dont see why they shouldnt win.

BulldogGrl64
10-17-2003, 03:00 PM
It would be nice to see Marion do good this year and go far, but I have to admit that I think tonight will be a tough game for the Bulldogs. Caldwell is pretty tough to go up against and Menchacha and Hernandez aren't bad either. But then again Marion has Luddeke who is pretty tough this year,and Alaniz who has surprisingly stepped up and shown his worth this season. Maybe your boys will pull it off tonight. Good luck to both teams!

mhsb
10-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Tough loss for the dawgs tonight. 54-13. marion got off to a bad start by fumbling twice near the endzone putting them behind 21-0. After a marion score their D was stopped and the offense was unable to capitalize and the punt was blocked for a td making the score 28-6. By halftime marion was down 47-6 and in the second half they held somerset to 7 points. Somerset is a big and quick football team. If they didnt have to play burnet the first round they would probably have a good chance to go far. Marion played their hearts out most of the game and will be looking for revenge against the bears.Good luck next week.

BulldogGrl64
10-20-2003, 09:09 AM
I waited to make a response to the Friday night masacre only because everything I would have said about the game, you already know. I do have one question though.....What happened to Marion? I must say that I wasn't surprised at all that Somerset won only because they are a strong and fast paced team, but I was surprised at how badly Marion lost. It almost seemed like the Bulldogs lost their drive, and with the mistakes that were made during the game, it definitely did not look like the same Marion Bulldogs that have been playing the last 3 weeks. Maybe it was a replacement team because the Josh Balderas that I know can complete more than 35% of his passes and the Marion Bulldogs that I know would not have let 3 interceptions come into play. All I can say about Somerset is that I knew that Josh Caldwell would bring a good/strong game and he did. Somerset put it to Marion hard and unfortunately Marion just couldn't hang with Somerset's game. Maybe Marion will have a strong and quick rebound and put up a good fight against the Bears on Friday. With the game being in M-Town this Friday, there is a lot more than just a win at stake, but also pride. Marion can come back and fight hard and really put some action up against the Bears, but all we can do is wait and see what Friday brings.

mhsb
10-20-2003, 08:29 PM
When answering the question, what happened, its very simple. When the game began, somerset was ready to play and came out with intensity. Like we have done previously in district we met that intensity but friday night against somerset it never happened. I dont think a single team can win a ball game by turning the ball over 7 to 8 times a game. This was a huge deciding factor of the way the game went. This week in practice our inetensity will rise and we will work on hanging on to the ball and making better throws but lavernia definetley wont be easy. They are beatable but you have to be mentally prepared and ready to rise to the high intensity level. Our young sophomore on our Offensive line needs to learn that he is on the varsity and that he is there because he has ability. If he doesnt decide to step up friday night against the bad news bears there is a possibilty of more turnovers. Our defense has been put in some bad situations and failed to deny points but with our defensive coordinators game plan there is a great possibility of shutting down lavernias offense.

dawgbacker10
10-20-2003, 10:47 PM
we have been playing good ball, but it seemed almost like we wernt prepared. but too many mistakes and fumbles and interceptions played a big factor,i think we should give La Vernia a good game, and this is Josh Balderas i wld like to thank everyone out there that is stickin with us, i promise it will be worth it , this wek im gonnna work wonders.

BulldogGrl64
10-21-2003, 10:31 AM
mhsb, I definitely agree with you that LaVernia is beatable, but it will take A LOT of mental preparation. It's not only a matter of beating the Bears physically that can be tiring and hard to overcome, but going up against them mentally that can drain you. The Bears are good, but they CAN be brought down from their pedestal. Marion has proven that they can rise above everyone's expectations of the team and play serious ball by winning the first 3 District games straight in a row, now it's just a matter of rebounding from last week and getting the focus set back on playing serious ball again. The Bulldogs can pull off a win against the Bears on Friday, it's just a matter of how badly they want to win. Higginbotham, Gutz, and Barnhart and all three outstanding players for LaVernia this year, but can be stopped. Every good team can get pulled down, you just have to find their weak spot and then just keep hitting them where it hurts until they break. If any team has the chance of beating LaVernia, it's definitely this year's team. You guys have a good connection and you have some players with real talent. Some of your players just need to learn how to harness their talent and use it to their advantage. Balderas you are one player that has definitely risen above all expectations....it's not everyday that you see a Quarterback your size out on the field, but you have proven that you've got game. My advice is to stay focused and don't rush your passes. Good Luck to you and the Bulldogs this Friday...it will be one hell of a game!

mhsb are you Matt Luddeke?

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 10:16 AM
No matter what anyone else on here may be saying about the Bulldogs, I believe that the Bulldogs can really rebound from last week and put up a good strong fight against the Bears. Good Luck Bulldogs!

bulldogvet85
10-22-2003, 10:34 AM
I think that the bulldogs can and will put up a good game against La vernia. it always turns out to be a good game so we will see what happens this year hopefully it will be a good one

BulldogGrl64
10-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Seems like here recently in the past few days Marion is becoming more and more popular on the board! :)