PDA

View Full Version : Describe the Hardest hit in Highschooll footbal you have ever witnessed.

Fotbol
11-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I saw a kid hit someone so hard, they made dust come from a wet field, no lie:eek:

g$$
11-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Personally, I got ear-holed on a crack back block (no one yelled it out) by Avery Helms of Sweeny in practice my sophomore year & it knocked me out briefly. Then I tried to play again & was wobbly & my eyes dilated. Called a concussion, go sit down son!

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I caught Drew Brees on a naked bootleg...I was on a twist and I arrived right as his head came around. I busted him right on the chin, and they carted him off for stitches. It looked great on film, but Good God, nothing has come close to the feeling I got when I heard/felt his bones crunch beneath my chisled 6'2" 230 lb frame. I can still hear the "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH's."

Butkus
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
I caught Drew Brees on a naked bootleg...I was on a twist and I arrived right as his head came around. I busted him right on the chin, and they carted him off for stitches. It looked great on film, but Good God, nothing has come close to the feeling I got when I heard/felt his bones crunch beneath my chisled 6'2" 230 lb frame. I can still hear the "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH's." Yes sir ole son ya got out in time of a teachin kids. Yes sir a blow to tha head is really somethin ta be proud of.:mad:

SpreadtheRed
11-07-2006, 05:08 PM
i saw a snyder guy a couple of years ago, i think it was either boicey martinez or eric martinez, anyway it was at sweetwater on a punt and he hit some sweetwater guy so hard that he did a backflip and it cracked the side of his helmet. The guy didn't seem to be hurt he popped up but man was it a hard hit

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Yes sir ole son ya got out in time of a teachin kids. Yes sir a blow to tha head is really somethin ta be proud of.:mad:

Ironic that a guy who goes by the name "Butkus" is pointing the finger on rough play....it's football....he had the ball.....I was unblocked.....he got hit in the mouth, exactly how I was coached......10+ years later, that coach still thinks twice about running a naked boot.

GreenMachine
11-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Several years ago when C. Wallace was playing for Cuero. He pulled and was looking for someone to block and got blindsided by a much smaller Yoakum kid. Well the kid stood over him and flexed his muscles...BIG mistake! A few plays later Cody pulled again and looked this poor boy up. Needless to say when Cody hit this boy he left a furrow in the turf about 3 yds long. Cody didn't stand over him gawking, he just held out his hand and helped him up. TOTAL CLASS. :thumbsup:

Butkus
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Ironic that a guy who goes by the name "Butkus" is pointing the finger on rough play....it's football....he had the ball.....I was unblocked.....he got hit in the mouth, exactly how I was coached......10+ years later, that coach still thinks twice about running a naked boot. So a blow to tha head of the qb is okay in u an ur ole coachs book.:confused:

mustang04
11-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
i saw a snyder guy a couple of years ago, i think it was either boicey martinez or eric martinez, anyway it was at sweetwater on a punt and he hit some sweetwater guy so hard that he did a backflip and it cracked the side of his helmet. The guy didn't seem to be hurt he popped up but man was it a hard hit

it didnt crack Jonesy's helmet...and i was the next guy who got blind sided on that same punt return from snyder...they were good at that appearantly

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
it didnt crack Jonesy's helmet...and i was the next guy who got blind sided on that same punt return from snyder...they were good at that appearantly

I remember the hits you are both talking about, and I don't recall any flags on the play. What is the saying, "keep your head on a swivel"?

BTW, that's the hardest hit I've seen in a while, although the Tigers did have a couple last week that resulted in an "ooooohhhhh" from the crowd.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
So a blow to tha head of the qb is okay in u an ur ole coachs book.:confused:

i'm no bill romanowski...it wasn't an intentional head shot....it was a clean hit. i played as hard and as fast as I could, and it just so happened i caught him on the chin. i don't think it would have gotten a flag at any level.

g$$
11-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Guy named Chris Jordan (all state LB) in Sweeny cracked numerous helmets by the earhole. Got so bad that Max Pro quit making that style helmet where the shell covered the decal, etc. Now they are out of business (just Riddell & Schutt I believe). That DOGS helmet used to be on magazine covers for equipment manufacturers.

Chris hit RB Jason Newman (WC) one time so hard both sides oohed & aahed, & they both fell backwards. Jason was tough & got right up, as did Chris. Both had their bells rung though. WC beat us that year too. Jordan & Newman both played some college ball & were fine players.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Several years ago when C. Wallace was playing for Cuero. He pulled and was looking for someone to block and got blindsided by a much smaller Yoakum kid. Well the kid stood over him and flexed his muscles...BIG mistake! A few plays later Cody pulled again and looked this poor boy up. Needless to say when Cody hit this boy he left a furrow in the turf about 3 yds long. Cody didn't stand over him gawking, he just held out his hand and helped him up. TOTAL CLASS. :thumbsup:

I went up against Cody a few times in practice. Man, he's huge.

The hardest hit I ever saw....Hmm, this is a tough one.....I can tell you about the hardest one I gave. Kickoff return against Giddings last year, a guy who I had about 40 pounds on didn't see me, and when I hit him, he flew through the air parallel for about 3 yards and landed. Man, I was proud of myself.

bulldogman06
11-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Junior year I was playin guard and our running back was about 5'5" 220 lbs. and quick, played mostly linebacker, but we were scrimmaging someone and he caught a screen and as he turned around that linebacker blew him up. We all kinda stood there in awe. a few plays later, our rb got revenge, but ive never seen a hit like the one that lb dealt out.

Oh and my hardest hit was in practice, I was the middle man in onside kick recover, and they kicked it to my right, and I just sprinted up and tattood a guy, he never even saw me, had a few seconds of air time before he landed a couple of yards away from where i was standin

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Junior year I was playin guard and our running back was about 5'5" 220 lbs. and quick, played mostly linebacker, but we were scrimmaging someone and he caught a screen and as he turned around that linebacker blew him up. We all kinda stood there in awe. a few plays later, our rb got revenge, but ive never seen a hit like the one that lb dealt out.

Oh and my hardest hit was in practice, I was the middle man in onside kick recover, and they kicked it to my right, and I just sprinted up and tattood a guy, he never even saw me, had a few seconds of air time before he landed a couple of yards away from where i was standin

In practice last year, we were doing punt return, and I got earholed by a junior. Well, this guy has a twin brother, and on the next punt return, I saw his twin instead of him, and I took off for him. Before I hit him, I heard someone yell, "NO GARY, THAT'S THE WRONG ONE," but it was too late, I had already nailed his twin. It made ME feel better, regardless, but the coach sure was pissed.

mrescape43
11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
The best hit I have ever witnessed was many years ago against Lubbock Dunbar when they were still high school. Snyder D leveled their RB and during the next play the RB went back and put his hands on knees as always but when play was snapped and ran the RB never moved. Play ended with the RB still having his hands on his knees. Pretty funny.

Highschoolfan78
11-07-2006, 07:37 PM
In the Fall of 2002, Larvell Roy from Cuero laid a hit on a Halletsville that was "a shot heard round the world." The hit offered him a trip to the hospital, while the other player seemed ok.. but geez it was massive. I'll never forget that night

DUKE22
11-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
it didnt crack Jonesy's helmet...and i was the next guy who got blind sided on that same punt return from snyder...they were good at that appearantly the hit was actually made by Isaac Ramon. It was a massive shot. I remember seeing the film and the guy was gathering his ear pads. I will give him credit he jumped right up and continued.

wooden bear
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
In the Fall of 2002, Larvell Roy from Cuero laid a hit on a Halletsville that was "a shot heard round the world." The hit offered him a trip to the hospital, while the other player seemed ok.. but geez it was massive. I'll never forget that night

We were just talking about that the other day. Man that was bad.

Butkus
11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
i'm no bill romanowski...it wasn't an intentional head shot....it was a clean hit. i played as hard and as fast as I could, and it just so happened i caught him on the chin. i don't think it would have gotten a flag at any level. Hum this sure sounds kinda like maybe ya r a little like bill.

"but Good God, nothing has come close to the feeling I got when I heard/felt his bones crunch beneath my chisled 6'2" 230 lb frame."

Ur quote i believe.:thinking:

Gobbler Fan
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
The biggest hit Ive seen was from Clint Finley who was all everything at Cuero ....during one Kickoff he laid a blindside block on a kid from Stroman that left the Stroman kid laying on the field , Clint got up and proceeded to make his way to the Cuero sideline doing S-curves the whole way the hit had knocked him silly also.

bandera7
11-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

Ha, I remember both of these hits...obviously because Im from Bandera too. The one in the game, with our RB, it was hilarious, cause that kid didnt get hit like that, ever. But the biggest hit I have ever witnessed was on a kickoff return, last year, I think we were playing Llano, and one of their players made Travis Combs fly. If you have ever played against Travis Combs, our MLB, you understand that just doesnt happen. We gave him a hard time about it in the locker room, cause we watched that film not too long ago.

Pudlugger
11-07-2006, 09:33 PM
In 2000 La Grange was playing Marlin in the State 3a Semi final at WISD on a windy Sat. afternoon. After scoring the Leps licked off a high short kick floating around in the wind falling to the up man on the Bulldogs. Justin Jasek hit the kid so hard the ball flew up 5 feet into the air and the Leps recovered. The Leps went on to win the game and beat
Forney the next week in Texas Stadium. The winning hit in that game? Jasek hit Blanton on the Lep 16 so hard to force a fumble recovered by La Grange. They were up 20-17 with 1:45 seconds left on the clock at the time.

Pfc. Justin Jasek died in Kosovo in 2002 serving his country. Coach Valastro credits the Championship to him as do all of us in La Grange.

GreenMachine
11-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
The biggest hit Ive seen was from Clint Finley who was all everything at Cuero ....during one Kickoff he laid a blindside block on a kid from Stroman that left the Stroman kid laying on the field , Clint got up and proceeded to make his way to the Cuero sideline doing S-curves the whole way the hit had knocked him silly also. Man, I have commented on that hit before. It was a BIG TIME hit :eek:

StreetBobcat
11-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Last year in a Celina playoff game, I saw Chase Hall of Celina run the ball toward the sideline. A defender had the angle on him and he decided he could not juke him so he lower he head and met him helmet to helmet. The definder's arms went limp, he flew backwards, and was motionless for about 5-10 seconds. When he did get up his team mates had to help him to the sidelines because he was walking like he was drunk. Chase got another 20 or so yards on the run. My favorite part of the highlights CD.

trenchdweller
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
any one see a video going around today of a canyon db casually kneeing a perryton rec in the nads then walking away as the ranger kid lay flat on the turf. practice practice practice.

Snyder_TigerFan
11-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by trenchdweller
any one see a video going around today of a canyon db casually kneeing a perryton rec in the nads then walking away as the ranger kid lay flat on the turf. practice practice practice.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54190&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Fotbol
11-08-2006, 09:29 AM
I saw Tank Smith hit WR from Cameron (Wilcox) at the 1 inch line to keep the Yoe from Winning the District title, both players layed on the field, while the Celebration took place, Tank was only a sophomore then. Billy Pittman got hit in this game Bye Red Richardson, and took his Helmet of to look inside of the Helmet, why, I don't know, but it was a huge hit.

downey1547
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
i saw a guy from white deer get his eye knocked out one time. everyone thought he was lookin for his contact lens on the ground, hell, he was lookin for his eye....it was a glass eye by the way.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by downey1547
i saw a guy from white deer get his eye knocked out one time. everyone thought he was lookin for his contact lens on the ground, hell, he was lookin for his eye....it was a glass eye by the way.
I knew some guys from Canadian who would've been proud to have been the one to hit the White Deer guy that hard. ;)

Stownhorse
11-08-2006, 11:56 AM
2 years ago we were playing Lubbock Cooper in Shotwell...Allen Copeland beheaded a kid seriously....I could post the link but im at school so I cant. But it hurt me watching it.

Old Tiger
11-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Hardest I was ever hit

My sophomore year I'm like 5'6 130 and in the playoffs against China Springs. Our RB got turf toe in the 1st quarter so his back up was in on kick off return. Well the backup hurts his back and is only going to play offense/defense so they put me back there. They kick it to the middle return man I'm running up the field thinking man I'm going to get a good block. Boy was I wrong. I end up going against one of the bigger guys on the team he's probably 6' 180 lbs. Well he was bigger at the time to me. He just had more momentum I guess. It's all science