PDA

View Full Version : This hits close to home.....

luvhoops34
11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Nov. 7, 2006, 7:45AM
2 Texas high school students accused of plotting attack

Associated Press

ROUND ROCK — Two high school students have been charged with conspiracy to commit capital murder after authorities uncovered what they described as potentially deadly school attack plot.

The boys, whose names were not released, were arrested Thursday, Williamson County Sheriff's Department Detective John Foster said.

Foster would not discuss specifics of the McNeil High School students' alleged plan after announcing the arrests Monday. He would not say how police and school officials learned of the plot but added that "we were very fortunate to discover this before it did happen."

"It jeopardized the lives of people there at the school: students and teachers," Foster said. "There were no specific targets other than the school and its occupants."

Round Rock Independent School District spokeswoman JoyLynn Occhiuzzi would not give the students' ages or grades other than that both were juveniles, which in Texas means younger than 17.

A letter to parents went home with students Monday explaining the incident, Occhiuzzi said.

"This has been pretty tightlipped until today, so not very many people knew about it," Foster said. "So we were able to act quickly and make an arrest on it. As far as the mood, I think most everybody at the campus was unaware of what had transpired."

McNeil High has about 2,700 students and 200 staff members. Round Rock is about 15 miles north of Austin and is the headquarters of computer maker Dell Inc.

Phil C
11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
This is bad news. We need more details though. Were the boys bullied. The schools need to adopt anti bullying policy and this includes verbal and physical abuse. No one in school should be touched who doesn't want to be touched. Abuse is wrong no matter what the form and should not be tolerated. It can lead to trouble.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:29 AM
where does this unwanted touching come from, Phil...you having flashbacks again?

Phil C
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
where does this unwanted touching come from, Phil...you having flashbacks again?

I am talking about being hit by bullies mainly. In fact sometimes it is better to not be touched even when you don't want to be touched. :)

Johnny Utah
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Phil C, youngsters today, teenagers more specifically have certain problems. Schools are safe for the most part, but to say that these kids were going to commit murder because of being bullyed is BS. Parents, along with family members, teachers, friends, etc. need to be vigilent about changes in moods, habits, etc... and all of this type of senseless crap would stop. The blame game is a CROCK!!! Anyone who would think up a plot like this needs HELP!!! They are not living in reality. Know where your kids are, get involved in their lives, help one another out. Society points the finger too much. Crime happens. Why, who knows, but quit pointing the finger. Some people are twisted for whatever reason and this sounds like one of those.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
I couldn't agree more...it is better to not be touched even when you don't want to be touched...no means no.

**advice for those not wanting to be bullied: Hit the weightroom hard and often...and quit band....if you're a fella in color gaurd, it's too late.

Phil C
11-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I couldn't agree more...it is better to not be touched even when you don't want to be touched...no means no.

**advice for those not wanting to be bullied: Hit the weightroom hard and often...and quit band....if you're a fella in color gaurd, it's too late.

Also what helps is to be befriend big friends. That is what I did. It worked. :)

99IHSMustang
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM

Or just stick up for yourself and beat the crap out of the person that picks on you. Even if you don't win and can get in a good hit or two chances are they won't continue.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Also what helps is to be befriend big friends. That is what I did. It worked. :)

no better place to do that than in the weightroom...."hey biggen', how bout a spot while I crank out 3 or 4 reps with this 65 lbs here on squats!?!"

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-07-2006, 12:35 PM
if you're a fella in color gaurd, it's too late.

hahahahaha