PDA

View Full Version : Phil...Mavs Report and a picture from North Carolina

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
well first off there is sad news in that I have somehow lost my camera. If I did lose it though, I must say that the last picture that I took on it has to be one of all-time favorites of the 5,000+ pictures that I took with that camera. Sorry that it's such a big picture but I didn't want to shortcut the brilliant colors. Here is the picture I promised you from Lake Norman just outside of Charlotte, NC:

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6645/charlottezr5.jpg

Now the downside to not having my camera. Last night, I met Troy Aikman at the Mavs game. My friend/date and I were walking through the concourse and I looked next to her and walking along side us was Troy Aikman along with his wife and 2 daughters. What amazed me was that nobody even said hi to him or anything. I introduced myself to him briefly as we were waiting to be shown to our seats and he was very courteous to the both of us. Now I just to find a way to get tickets like his. Oh well...we had very good seats at center court and had them for a MUCH more affordable price than the face value that somebody else paid so we were quite pleased.

Now onto the game...Golden State and their no name team can shoot really well. Even early in the season, they have definitely grasped the "Nellie ball" concept well and are having some success with it. Troy Murphy had a very strong 1st half, was one of 3 players with 20 or more points and 5 of the 8 Warriors that palyed were in double figures. Also, they shot 50% for the game and wore the Mavs down with the run and gun offense. Plus, it sure didn't help that Avery was ejected in the 1st quarter (he was rightfully given a technical...and I guess he said something else as he was walking back to his chair and he was immediately ejected). Then, Josh Howard has a guy come down on top of his foot in the 2nd quarter and he rolled it pretty bad. It wasn't pretty to watch on the replay on at all. Finally, Jason Terry received a flagrant 2 foul (automatic ejection) for a play in the 4th quarter. He was alongside the Warrior that was on a fast break the entire time and when they went up for the shot his attempt to block the ball ended up with his arm coming down around the player's neck and it sent them both into a hard collision on the ground. It was definitely justifiable as a flagrant foul do the nature of the collision but it was not a situation where Terry couldn't make a play and just went for the man with the ball to take him out. If that was the case then the flagrant 2 would be justified but in this case I do not feel that it was warranted. However, in the end the Mavs downfall was their inability to take the ball to the basket (see any playoff game that they lost last year) and the lack of defense that is played in the first few quarters of a regular season, non-rivalry, NBA game.

Here is a good picture of the new banner that was raised last night:

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7701/bannercy8.jpg

and a picture of two great coaches before the game:

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7338/averyandnelliepb8.jpg

Phil C
11-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Great reporting and great pictures Ad. I am sorry about the camera. :(

luvhoops34
11-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the nice picture and the blurbs about the game.

Jason Terry got a flagrant? Imagine that.........;)