01-17-2004, 12:35 PM
job is open.

Wildcat81
01-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Who left.

WoodvilleFan
01-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Wildcat81:
Who left.Micah Bass. Was head coach for last 6 seasons. 25-36 record. Has been on the Woodville staff for 18 yrs. ? for you Wildcat. K'Ville had running back around '86 '87 I think named Dexter Thomas what happened to him. If that is the guy I am thinking about. I remember he ran through our saftey at the 50 yard line in Wildcat Staduim. It was one on one and the saftey lost. lol

Wildcat81
01-17-2004, 02:42 PM
WoodvilleFan:

Wildcat81:
Who left.Micah Bass. Was head coach for last 6 seasons. 25-36 record. Has been on the Woodville staff for 18 yrs. ? for you Wildcat. K'Ville had running back around '86 '87 I think named Dexter Thomas what happened to him. If that is the guy I am thinking about. I remember he ran through our saftey at the 50 yard line in Wildcat Staduim. It was one on one and the saftey lost. lolI don;t what happened to Dexter Thomas I lost tract.

Indy Jones
01-17-2004, 03:08 PM
I heard Barbay at Hull Daisetta was going to get this at least a month ago....

Wildcat81
01-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Indy Jones:
I heard Barbay at Hull Daisetta was going to get this at least a month ago....You don't say.

WoodvilleFan
01-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Indy Jones:
I heard Barbay at Hull Daisetta was going to get this at least a month ago....We have had one of Barbay's son's at Woodville as an assistant before. After first hand knowledge that the board believes they just have to supply a field and footballs, I am not sure a top notch coach would want to fool with the admin.

Old No. 7
01-19-2004, 11:00 AM
WoodvilleFan:

Wildcat81:
Who left.Micah Bass. Was head coach for last 6 seasons. 25-36 record. Has been on the Woodville staff for 18 yrs. ? for you Wildcat. K'Ville had running back around '86 '87 I think named Dexter Thomas what happened to him. If that is the guy I am thinking about. I remember he ran through our saftey at the 50 yard line in Wildcat Staduim. It was one on one and the saftey lost. lolDexter works as an operator at the Paper Mill in Evadale,Tx. He still lives in K-ville.

<small>[ January 19, 2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Old No. 7 ]</small>

Wildcat81
01-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Old No. 7:

WoodvilleFan:

Wildcat81:
Who left.Micah Bass. Was head coach for last 6 seasons. 25-36 record. Has been on the Woodville staff for 18 yrs. ? for you Wildcat. K'Ville had running back around '86 '87 I think named Dexter Thomas what happened to him. If that is the guy I am thinking about. I remember he ran through our saftey at the 50 yard line in Wildcat Staduim. It was one on one and the saftey lost. lolDexter works as an operator at the Paper Mill in Evadale,Tx. He still lives in K-ville.Dexter was younger than I.He had two older brothers that i know Rodger,Renard(Snooze).

JasperDog94
01-20-2004, 12:18 PM
WoodvilleFan:

Indy Jones:
I heard Barbay at Hull Daisetta was going to get this at least a month ago....We have had one of Barbay's son's at Woodville as an assistant before. After first hand knowledge that the board believes they just have to supply a field and footballs, I am not sure a top notch coach would want to fool with the admin.The same could be said of most school boards, if you ask the right people. Admins. can me very difficult to deal with. I'm convinced that there are some good ones out there somewhere.

Wildcat81
01-20-2004, 01:09 PM
JasperDog94:

WoodvilleFan:

Indy Jones:
I heard Barbay at Hull Daisetta was going to get this at least a month ago....We have had one of Barbay's son's at Woodville as an assistant before. After first hand knowledge that the board believes they just have to supply a field and footballs, I am not sure a top notch coach would want to fool with the admin.The same could be said of most school boards, if you ask the right people. Admins. can me very difficult to deal with. I'm convinced that there are some good ones out there somewhere.I would have to agree with you on that JasperDog
Were my wife teaches the school board is so nutty.
But I want get in to that.

JasperDog94
01-20-2004, 02:05 PM
At my wife's school, her principal is being transfered against her wishes. She is a great principal that ALL the teachers like. They also have great test scores and terrific morale. So, what does the school board vote to do? I'm glad you asked. They voted to move her to a new campus and bring in a new principal for her school. Why they didn't look for a new principal for the new school is beyond me. Why mess with a good thing? :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: frown

Bandera YaYa
01-22-2004, 12:01 PM
The thing with school boards is: POWER!! They love having that power and their egos get really big....leads to fighting....no budging...much anger....more power....more fights....and so on and so on......You may have one good person on a board, but they don't stand a chance, usually....
yep, I've seen some good people messed around with because a board can't come together for the good of the kids or teachers......really sad.

duckbutter
01-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Hey now not all school board members are bad! It's a thankless job that most people don't want any part of but love to bitch about. My suggestion for anyone that wants to gripe about their school board is RUN FOR A POSITION.

Old No. 7
01-22-2004, 02:05 PM
duckbutter:
Hey now not all school board members are bad! It's a thankless job that most people don't want any part of but love to bitch about. My suggestion for anyone that wants to gripe about their school board is RUN FOR A POSITION.That's why we vote so we can b@tch about it. eek! :D

j_dog
01-22-2004, 11:16 PM
duckbutter:
Hey now not all school board members are bad! It's a thankless job that most people don't want any part of but love to bitch about. My suggestion for anyone that wants to gripe about their school board is RUN FOR A POSITION.I have heard that N-town has at least one VERY good board member. :D

lepfan
01-23-2004, 11:56 PM
JasperDog94:
At my wife's school, her principal is being transfered against her wishes. She is a great principal that ALL the teachers like. They also have great test scores and terrific morale. So, what does the school board vote to do? I'm glad you asked. They voted to move her to a new campus and bring in a new principal for her school. Why they didn't look for a new principal for the new school is beyond me. Why mess with a good thing? :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :( You go where they(school board/top administrators) feel you will benefit the district the most. Some are moved because they are doing a great job and they need work in another area of the district, some are moved so they will screw up more and they can justify a non renewal of a contract sooner...Some are moved into the most belittling jobs...like coke/candy machine filler...and then they do away with the position in the next year...I have actually seen this happen!

<small>[ January 23, 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>