PDA

View Full Version : 3A State Marching Band Contest

wyliegrad04
11-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Great competition tonight. Don't know if I agree 100% with the results, but the judges placed the bands as ...

Conference 3A Finals
Canton HS 1 1 4 3 4 13 State Champion
Wills Point HS 7 4 2 1 1 15 2nd
Crystal City HS 2 3 1 5 5 16 3rd
Rio Hondo HS 6 6 3 2 3 20 4th
Argyle HS 3 2 6 4 7 22 5th
Canyon HS 5 5 5 7 2 24 6th
Pleasant Grove HS 4 7 7 6 6 30 7th

Conference 3A Prelims
Argyle HS 4 3 2 6 3 18 1st
Canton HS 12 2 1 5 1 21 2nd
Canyon HS 1 6 9 4 4 24 3rd
Wills Point HS 2 15 6 2 2 27 4th
Rio Hondo HS 7 13 4 1 9 34 5th
Crystal City HS 8 4 7 13 8 40 6th
Pleasant Grove HS 6 9 8 7 10 40 7th
Princeton HS 10 16 3 8 6 43 8th
Whitesboro HS 9 7 5 10 12 43 9th
Pittsburg HS 18 10 10 3 7 48 10th
Hidalgo HS 16 1 16 11 5 49 11th
Port Isabel HS 5 14 14 9 13 55 12th
Medina Valley HS 3 8 13 15 18 57 13th
Atlanta HS 15 5 11 17 19 67 14th
Taylor HS 11 18 15 12 16 72 15th
Glen Rose HS 13 12 18 18 11 72 16th
Monahans HS 19 11 12 16 15 73 17th
Robinson HS 14 17 17 14 17 79 18th
Kennedale HS 17 19 19 20 14 89 19th
Andrews HS 20 20 20 19 20 99 20th

-----------------------------------------------
Congrats to Canton on another state marching title.

Also want to say congrats to Argyle. Was first place in prelims. Argyle won the 2A state marching title in 2005 and 2003 and had a GREAT showing here in 2006 at the 3A level.

marlin fan
11-07-2006, 12:14 AM
wow didnt expect Robinson to do so bad !!!

marlin fan
11-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Congrats to Canton on 3 straight state titles!!!!!

pancho villa
11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Who cares!

kaorder1999
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
congrats Canton

kaorder1999
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I remember a Head Football Coach that Canton once had and he was trying to get them to upgrade their athletic facilities and when the District deceided to build a HUGE band hall instead he said See Ya!

3afan
11-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
wow didnt expect Robinson to do so bad !!!

top 20 in the state --- thats "bad"?

kaorder1999
11-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
top 20 in the state --- thats "bad"?

my thoughts exactly

Phil C
11-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Congratulations to the state champions. The only thing about these contests though is that they are very subjective just like English teachers who can give students whatever grades they want.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 09:21 AM
more pointless than thump thump.

Ray_BearKat
11-07-2006, 09:32 AM
congrats to Canton!

and congrats to Rio Hondo, way to represent the Valley!

3afan
11-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt

:rolleyes:

pancho villa
11-07-2006, 09:39 AM

band is worse than stand around baseball.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
thump thump = put a round ball through a round hoop

band = walk and blow

Ray_BearKat
11-07-2006, 09:45 AM
thump thump = put a round ball through a round hoop

band = walk and blow :eek:

pirate4state
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Good grief!! Why come on here and be jerks when the title of the thread is as clear as day??? :hand: Grow up!

Congrats to Canton and their students!! Congrats also to Crystal City & Rio Hondo!! :clap:

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
...the thread is as clear as day???

it's foggy where I'm at.

luvhoops34
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Yea, what P4s said! Quit being jerks.....

Congrats to all the bands that qualified for state. It's a big accomplishment just to get there.

And.....RGV bands....WAY TO REPRESENT!!!!

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:04 AM
"band...we talkin bout band, man...band...we talkin bout band."

the only thing hard about band is seeing those you care about wearing those "fancy" uniforms, prancing around like clay aiken, while blowing an instrument....an event where one team is on the field at a time and the elements (weather, etc.) have zero effect is......a show...not a contest.

BJG40
11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
What is wrong with some "semi-related football" culture. Plus dude, it is pretty difficult. I didnt enjoy marching band all that much, maybe because it was at the same time as football, but it is def. challenging. Playing any instrument well is.

pancho villa
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
All the sissy boys at our school are in band.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
the band has been full of sissies at every single school I've attended, and worked at....and the sissiest of those boys were in the color gaurd...yeah, I said it..."fellas" in the dad-gummed color gaurd....freakin disgraceful.

marlin fan
11-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
my thoughts exactly its not really bad! just didnt think they would score so low!! they are usually in the top 2

Butkus
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
the band has been full of sissies at every single school I've attended, and worked at....and the sissiest of those boys were in the color gaurd...yeah, I said it..."fellas" in the dad-gummed color gaurd....freakin disgraceful.
pancho villa
Letterman

Member #: 2549

All the sissy boys at our school are in band.

Well ill be durned. Ole Butkus always kinda thought teachers and coaches was bout the kids. Fooled me i guess.:thinking:

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Ole Butkus always kinda thought teachers and coaches was bout the kids. Fooled me i guess.:thinking:

they should be...I realized I wasn't...I immediately got out.

Butkus
11-07-2006, 11:48 AM
they should be...I realized I wasn't...I immediately got out. Sounds like ya made a good choice there youngun. Maybe that villa guy oughta foller yur lead.

Tres Lobos
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Good Job to all the bands that qualified, and great job monahans band!!

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
best choice of my life, ol butkus.

pirateman98
11-07-2006, 11:57 AM

The only reason why people like you talk bad about people in band is bacause you were to dump and uncorrdinated to do more than two things at one time!!!! If you were not in band, and I take it that you were not, then you would know that nothing only do you "march" and "blow" but you must memorize your music which is usually four to five songs at the most. Then you must remember were your formations are at for each songs. Like someone already said, it is not as easy as it looks. I will agree that some bands suck so it makes it look like that is all they do, but there are those bands that make it ART!! Most of those are the ones that make it to STATE!!!

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirateman98
The only reason why people like you talk bad about people in band is bacause you were to dump and uncorrdinated to do more than two things at one time!!!! If you were not in band, and I take it that you were not, then you would know that nothing only do you "march" and "blow" but you must memorize your music which is usually four to five songs at the most. Then you must remember were your formations are at for each songs. Like someone already said, it is not as easy as it looks. I will agree that some bands suck so it makes it look like that is all they do, but there are those bands that make it ART!! Most of those are the ones that make it to STATE!!!

you're right, I am "to dump and uncorrdinated" to ever understand.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
an event where the elements (weather, etc.) have zero effect is......a show...not a contest.

wow...gotta love the ignorant! :thumbsup: Go put on a 20 pound drum and try to move at 150+ bpm (beats per minute) at various directions while performing exceptionally difficult music...and then throw in a 30 mph wind or a rain storm. Let's see how long you last...

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
wow...gotta love the ignorant! :thumbsup: Go put on a 20 pound drum and try to move at 150+ bpm (beats per minute) at various directions while performing exceptionally difficult music...and then throw in a 30 mph wind or a rain storm. Let's see how long you last...

yeah, I keep reading the same thing over and over...sounds tough. try being all-district DT all 3 years, all Cen-Tex unanimous decision twice, All-State 2nd team once, and see what kind of attention offensive lines show you...and this is at the 5A level, playing the likes of Killeen, Temple, Waco in the 90's. I'd tote that cute drum around all night if I didn't enjoy the hell outta takin on double and triple teams from some of the heaviest and most athletic offensive lines in the state. you can keep your drum, nancy, I'll ball.

Butkus
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah, I keep reading the same thing over and over...sounds tough. try being all-district DT all 3 years, all Cen-Tex unanimous decision twice, All-State 2nd team once, and see what kind of attention offensive lines show you...and this is at the 5A level, playing the likes of Killeen, Temple, Waco in the 90's. I'd tote that cute drum around all night if I didn't enjoy the hell outta takin on double and triple teams from some of the heaviest and most athletic offensive lines in the state. you can keep your drum, nancy, I'll ball. Shoot ole son i think ya woulda made a good band member way ya toot ur own horn.:devil:

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Shoot ole son i think ya woulda made a good band member way ya toot ur own horn.:devil:

HaHa...that's funny! guess I should change my name to Al Bundy. but just making a point.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
yeah, I keep reading the same thing over and over...sounds tough. try being all-district DT all 3 years, all Cen-Tex unanimous decision twice, All-State 2nd team once, and see what kind of attention offensive lines show you...and this is at the 5A level, playing the likes of Killeen, Temple, Waco in the 90's. I'd tote that cute drum around all night if I didn't enjoy the hell outta takin on double and triple teams from some of the heaviest and most athletic offensive lines in the state. you can keep your drum, nancy, I'll ball.

http://www.cookies-recipes.net/images/cookies.jpg

Don't think that just because somebody was in band means that they didn't play sports. Feel free to brag all day...if that's what works for you then there ya go. I won't start listing my accomplishments because there is no need to. I'm proud of the things that I accomplished in music AND in athletics in high school and college and that's all that matters.

Oh...and good job totally ignorning what I previously wrote to refute your ignorance.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
refute my ignorance on what? who cares if the wind is blowing while you're beating your drum...i guess if it's wet it might be difficult getting good footing while you prance around. my point is that the other band isn't out there trying to rip your head off and bury you in a shallow grave. when that happens, I might be interested in the geeks out there prancing around blowing and beating their instruments.

football4life
11-07-2006, 12:24 PM

oh to be humble....

i got no problem with band, i know i couldn't do it.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 12:25 PM
refute my ignorance on what? who cares if the wind is blowing while you're beating your drum...i guess if it's wet it might be difficult getting good footing while you prance around. my point is that the other band isn't out there trying to rip your head off and bury you in a shallow grave. when that happens, I might be interested in the geeks out there prancing around blowing and beating their instruments.

you prove my point for me

:clap: :clap: :clap:

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
fantastic.

Ray_BearKat
11-07-2006, 12:55 PM
the thing is I don't recall anyone one on here trying to prove that band was on in some way better or on par with football...all i saw was people giving props to those kids who worked hundreds of hours perfecting their "prancing" skills.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
there is zero room for band chatter in this forum. thank you in advance.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
the thing is I don't recall anyone one on here trying to prove that band was on in some way better or on par with football...all i saw was people giving props to those kids who worked hundreds of hours perfecting their "prancing" skills.

welcome to arguing with the ignorant. Have fun and play nice! :)

pirate4state
11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
there is zero room for band chatter in this forum. thank you in advance. LMAO!!! Yet you keep coming back for more "chatter". :clap:

NHSBulldog75
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Mr. "I was all that and then some" dissing the band kids cuz he was a tough macho man in a big 5A school.

Here in AAA (and smaller schools) we have plenty of guys that do both band and sports

One guy who graduated from WC last year a two-year All State Tuba player and three-year all district in football. We have plenty of folks in football, baseball, State champion softball, track, cross country, volleyball, drill team, cheerleading and whatever else who also march at halftime.

In AAA we don't have to specialize like the 5A folks to, so our kids can have a more well rounded life and not just be some big blowhard EX-football player when they get to be close to 30.

(I love a good solid discussion on the forum)

Remember, we are all having fun here, even when someone get a dig on us!

have fun!

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 03:20 PM
I forgot to mention that on top of all of my athletic accolades, I didn't even get into baseball and track, I was also Homecoming King, and Prom King runner-up....yes, all at the 5A level. And Adidas, this just dawned on me...one of the bass drummers at the last school I taught at was the puniest little geek in the entire school. He tried playing baseball, but I kicked him off the team cause his pants were too baggy, and he refused to do what I told him to do...."squat til you puke....then do another set." With that being said, all your drummer boy banter is out the window.

18handicap
11-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I thought this board was called "3A Down Low" not "3A Football Down Low." I want to read about 3A schools here in all sports and activities. If you want to post about the 3A championship in tiddely winks, go for it. Pancho is lucky that he can post somewhere during the school day since they have been banned from most message boards. :D

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
it's all in good fun....band is good for those unathletic geeks....it gets them involved in something school related and keeps them outta trouble....and the kids who never get any attention from the opposite sex will always have band camp to look forward to. ahhhhh, back down memory lane, huh Adidas?

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM
it's all in good fun....band is good for those unathletic geeks....it gets them involved in something school related and keeps them outta trouble....and the kids who never get any attention from the opposite sex will always have band camp to look forward to. ahhhhh, back down memory lane, huh Adidas?

like I said...my list of accomplishments in athletics is just as long as yours...and my grades were good enough to get into college and play sports there as well. Somewhere in the middle I was even able to find the time to make all-region and all-state bands and receive numerous medals at state solo and ensemble competition.

Some people are just more well-rounded than you! ;)

oh...and sorry but I never went to a band camp. I spent my summers playing sports and working at camps teaching younger kids. Plenty of people on here can vouch for it too! :)

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 04:27 PM
If what you say is true, Adidas, you are the only hybrid I know of who marched at half time and played enough ball (allegedly) to require having your uniform washed.....Congrats on that, bro! That's awesome!

....and I didn't list all of my athletic accolades.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 04:39 PM
If what you say is true, Adidas, you are the only hybrid I know of who marched at half time and played enough ball (allegedly) to require having your uniform washed.....Congrats on that, bro! That's awesome!

You have already received your one warning......trust me, you are walking an extremely thin line right now!:mad:

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM

as others have pointed out...there are plenty of kids who participate in both football and band as well as in other sports. At some schools, you will see football players and cheerleaders marching at halftime. In other cases (such as Abilene Wylie where I went), the band director and football coaches have a positive working relationship and the football players will stay with the team at halftime instead of marching with the band. You don't see it as often in 5A...but you will find it on a regular basis in the lower classifications.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 04:44 PM
as others have pointed out...there are plenty of kids who participate in both football and band as well as in other sports. At some schools, you will see football players and cheerleaders marching at halftime. In other cases (such as Abilene Wylie where I went), the band director and football coaches have a positive working relationship and the football players will stay with the team at halftime instead of marching with the band. You don't see it as often in 5A...but you will find it on a regular basis in the lower classifications.

I know at least 2 of our players....and both of these guys are team captains, are in band, and have been ever since jr. high!

One is our center and has been since his freshman or soph. year and the other has been on varsity at for 3 years....I would love to see someone walk up and call either one a "sissy boy"!:rolleyes:

RMAC
11-07-2006, 04:46 PM

Let me guess, if coach would have put you in back in '84 ya'll would have won state right? No doubt. Wow, I guess you were so good that you went on to play college ball and now you're in the NFL. That's quite a story. Nobody gives a damn about what you did in high school. You're obviously just some wash up that can't give up high school. It's people like you that really do make my day fun. Please shut up and save us all of your narrow minded and ignorant thoughts. Yes, football is a game, and I love it, but there are things besides football. You need to realize that. Pretty much all of my friends in high school played football and I played tennis. They used to take jabs at me until one day I asked them how many district titles that had. I didn't even have to go any further than that. I had made my point. Sports are what you do, NOT who you are. So until you can get your head out of your butt shut up and don't say anything.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 04:51 PM

I've always seen "that guy" out there marching in his clean football uniform and was happy to see him actually get on the field. You're right, there are kids who participate in many extracurricular activities at every school, they are just more prevalent at smaller schools because less students usually means a lesser talent pool to choose from, which is why most smaller schools don't make any cuts, in any activity nowadays. Ranger Mom, I love the marching band, and honestly, I really don't know what I would do if I didn't know which band had more spirit.....and don't even get me started on what I might do if I went all Friday night without hearing the macarena.:)

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
It's people like you that really do make my day fun. Please shut up and save us all of your narrow minded and ignorant thoughts.

If I shut up, how are you going to have any fun throughout the day?

sincerely,
washed up has been

RMAC
11-07-2006, 04:55 PM

I think you're are a total moron. Please don't talk anymore.

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Sports are what you do, NOT who you are. So until you can get your head out of your butt shut up and don't say anything.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to go Dumbo...you win post of the day for the 1st time ever! ;)

RMAC
11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
If I shut up, how are you going to have any fun throughout the day?

sincerely,
washed up has been

I do have other ways of doing that than making you look stupid. But if your die hard, black and blue football heart wants to, then go right ahead.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Ranger Mom, I love the marching band, and honestly, I really don't know what I would do if I didn't know which band had more spirit.....and don't even get me started on what I might do if I went all Friday night without hearing the macarena.:)

For some reason, I am really doubting your sincerity in the above comment.

But that's cool...you showed your true colors on this thread...your opinion on anything is nothing but crap to me!

Just keep it up though!!;) ;)

pirate4state
11-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I think we have someone to pick up in the SILVER BOOT department.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
I think we have someone to pick up in the SILVER BOOT department.

I have a feeling someone will be getting "the boot" before long...may not be silver though!:p ;)

RMAC
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM
You tell 'em RM.

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I can see that some in here can't take mindless banter from an "outsider" like myself...I understand. It's tuff to enjoy someone's comments when they aren't a part of your get-along-gang, so I'll bite my tongue and get back to work.

RMAC
11-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Wonderful idea. It's not that we're all about getting along here. I had a good time arguing with you. It's always a good fun time for me. What set me off was you're stereotypical comments. Sorry if I came off harsh, but that's how I feel about something like this.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
I can see that some in here can't take mindless banter from an "outsider" like myself...I understand. It's tuff to enjoy someone's comments when they aren't a part of your get-along-gang, so I'll bite my tongue and get back to work.

That is the smartest thing I have heard you say......EVER!!!!:eek:

handNthedirt
11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
What can I say.....I'm full of surprises.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 09:45 PM
What can I say.....I'm full of surprises.

You are full of something, that's for sure!! :p :p

LOL!! You know who.....this one is for you!!:D

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2006, 09:49 PM
there is zero room for band chatter in this forum. thank you in advance.
Actually, there's plenty of room for band chatter. :rolleyes: I will be having a band thread myself Saturday, sometime. Thank you in advance. :mad:

44INAROW
11-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Actually, there's plenty of room for band chatter. :rolleyes: I will be having a band thread myself Saturday, sometime. Thank you in advance. :mad:

Where's the contest being held this year? Looks like the weather is going to cooperate (so far anyway)

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Where's the contest being held this year? Looks like the weather is going to cooperate (so far anyway)
Marching was the other day. "A" is trying out for the Regional band Saturday in Taylor. :) What a heck of a week coming up for him. Last 7th grade game Thursday, then Regional try-outs, basketball practice starting Friday & first basketball game next Thursday.

44INAROW
11-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Marching was the other day. "A" is trying out for the Regional band Saturday in Taylor. :) What a heck of a week coming up for him. Last 7th grade game Thursday, then Regional try-outs, basketball practice starting Friday & first basketball game next Thursday.
and guess who gets to HAUL him to all the events :D

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and guess who gets to HAUL him to all the events :D
The bus. :D :D :D Of course, I have to haul myself. ;)

westtexasfbfan
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
band is worse than stand around baseball.

I bet your not talented enough to stand! Be nice or shut it! It takes talent to be in band and it's usually people like you that don't have it that make fun of it.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh....almost forgot. :doh:

After his final football game, he'll be playing with the rest of the middle school band at the 8th grade game.....then they join the h.s. band Friday night to play through halftime. :)

Ranger Mom
11-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh....almost forgot. :doh:

After his final football game, he'll be playing with the rest of the middle school band at the 8th grade game.....then they join the h.s. band Friday night to play through halftime. :)

I just can't wait to read "handsinhispants" opinion on that!!:D

luvhoops34
11-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I forgot to mention that on top of all of my athletic accolades, I didn't even get into baseball and track, I was also Homecoming King, and Prom King runner-up....yes, all at the 5A level. And Adidas, this just dawned on me...one of the bass drummers at the last school I taught at was the puniest little geek in the entire school. He tried playing baseball, but I kicked him off the team cause his pants were too baggy, and he refused to do what I told him to do...."squat til you puke....then do another set." With that being said, all your drummer boy banter is out the window.

You're a teacher???? What a waste of talent. From your tooting your own horn post, I sure would have thought you played pro football. I wonder if the parents of the kids you teach know how intolerant and one sided you are? I sure wouldn't want you teaching my child anything.:D

luvhoops34
11-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You have already received your one warning......trust me, you are walking an extremely thin line right now!:mad:

nana nana boo boo you got warned by ranger mom! LOL

pirate4state
11-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just can't wait to read "handsinhispants" opinion on that!!:D handsinhispants!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!! SCREAM!!! ROFLMAO!!! Maybe I'm just tired, but this is really funny to me right now!!!! :D :D

Blastoderm55
11-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Man, for all the grief this guy gives us current and former band geeks, I'll bet anything that one day, he'll be a father to a strapping young lad who will be heavily recruited as an outstanding athlete...

...AND HE'LL PASS ALL THAT UP TO PLAY THE FLUTE!!! Or worse. TAMBOURINE!!!

Go band!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Man, for all the grief this guy gives us current and former band geeks, I'll bet anything that one day, he'll be a father to a strapping young lad who will be heavily recruited as an outstanding athlete...

I was thinking piccolo. ;)

BullFrog Dad
11-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Great Thread! Congrats to all the bands across the the state. I wish one of my kids would have shown some interest in music. It's a talent that serves you the rest of your life.

pancho villa
11-08-2006, 09:02 AM
One person I will never forget.
One night at a nightime pep rally, our all-state drum major came prancing across the field. Our 3rd team nose guard saw him and proclamed "I would rather be the 3rd team nose guard, which I am than that dude" We all laughed until it hurt.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

The thought of him being a "father" to any child scares me!!

I would be worried that children raised by someone with THAT attitude would either have NO self esteem or would just be a bully!!

handNthedirt
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
I love the way you people continue talking about me when I 'm not even logged in, making assumptions of my character from what I say in this forum, as if I stroll through life acting as I do in here.....whatta joke. I was under the impression that 3aDL was created for sharing opinioins, updates, stirring the pot, and what not....whodathunk that a guy doing just that would have getting kicked outta here dangled over his head.....sad.

pancho villa
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I love the way you people continue talking about me when I 'm not even logged in, making assumptions of my character from what I say in this forum, as if I stroll through life acting as I do in here.....whatta joke. I was under the impression that 3aDL was created for sharing opinioins, updates, stirring the pot, and what not....whodathunk that a guy doing just that would have getting kicked outta here dangled over his head.....sad.

Hey I'm on your side. But you might need some cheese to go with that whine.

pirate4state
11-08-2006, 11:38 AM
I love the way you people continue talking about me when I 'm not even logged in, making assumptions of my character from what I say in this forum, as if I stroll through life acting as I do in here.....whatta joke. I was under the impression that 3aDL was created for sharing opinioins, updates, stirring the pot, and what not....whodathunk that a guy doing just that would have getting kicked outta here dangled over his head.....sad. :clap: :clap: I know none of this stuff actually gets to you, but nice try!!! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
11-08-2006, 11:38 AM

Mission Statement:

3A Down Low has been established to provide a forum for the discussion of Texas Class 3A high school football and other topics as deemed acceptable by the site administrators and moderators. Our prime objective is to provide a clean, informative, and fun place for you to support your favorite team and to learn about other teams and towns across this great state. We hope you will find this site different from any other football site you’ve ever visited.

handNthedirt
11-08-2006, 12:01 PM
[BI know none of this stuff actually gets to you, but nice try!!![/B]

The only thing that gets to me is the hypocracies and double standards....oh well.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2006, 12:03 PM
The only thing that gets to me is the hypocracies and double standards....oh well.

Good Morning!!:wave: :wave:

pirate4state
11-08-2006, 12:07 PM
The only thing that gets to me is the hypocracies and double standards....oh well. It's called tact. I understand you don't want to sugar coat anything and that's fine, but when you start calling band people names you better watch out. Those band people have a serious mafia going on...I wouldn't want to tick them off. AND if you can call them names then why can't they?? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
It's called tact. I understand you don't want to sugar coat anything and that's fine, but when you start calling band people names you better watch out. Those band people have a serious mafia going on...I wouldn't want to tick them off. AND if you can call them names then why can't they?? :thinking:

Yeah....what SHE said!!:cool:

luvhoops34
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Why, because you're getting blasted for talking smack about anything and everything you don't like or agree with??? I hear The Old Coach calling your name. Did you get banned over there and think you could come on the DL and spew your hatred as usual. Guess again Jack....:D

handNthedirt
11-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Why, because you're getting blasted for talking smack about anything and everything you don't like or agree with??? I hear The Old Coach calling your name. Did you get banned over there and think you could come on the DL and spew your hatred as usual. Guess again Jack....:D

cause you know well enough to determine what I like and don't like, right? I've heard of the old coach, never been there though, and my name ain't jack, nancy boy.

luvhoops34
11-08-2006, 01:47 PM
cause you know well enough to determine what I like and don't like, right? I've heard of the old coach, never been there though, and my name ain't jack, nancy boy.

Lets, see from your posts I can determine that you don't like band or anybody that likes band and you don't like anybody that has a different opinion than you do. It's called being one sided and completely intolerant of others. It's also called lack of respect. Oh and my bad on your name. It's handinhispants isn't it??

Oh, wanna talk some more band smack??? LHPanthermoms kid is in band. Go for it slick....:D

gobble_up03
11-08-2006, 02:22 PM
i know we've been beating this topic to death, but the fact is that band is something that you have to have talent for, just like being a football player, a cheerleader, or on the drill team. I just hate the fact that band members receive so much disrespect from certain football players, when the band members are there for the most part to support THEM. I was in band all through high school, and LOVED IT. I loved that I was able to attend EVERY football game, cheering for my Gobblers!