PDA

View Full Version : 44 Undefeateds Statewide

WOS87
11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
THE 44 REMAINING UNDEFEATED TEAMS (and their next expected roadblock)

5A
El Paso Coronado (9-0) - will run up against probably Amarillo in D-II Bi-District and then Abilene if they make it to a 2nd round
Southlake Carroll (9-0) - headed for a collision course with Euless Trinity in the Area round of D-I
Euless Trinity (9-0) if they meet Southlake in the Area round it will be the first time the two schools will have ever played even though they're only 8 miles apart
Cedar Hill (9-0) - potentially could make a run all the way to the D-II state finals without facing another undefeated team (especially if Lufkin goes D-I as expected)
Lufkin (9-0) - looking like they will most likely end up in the exceedingly power packed D-I bracket, with Westfield in the same Region.
Spring Westfield (9-0) - potentially could have a Quarterfinal showdown against Lufkin
Katy (9-0) - could go all the way to the D-II semifinals with very little resistance. There are predicted to be no other undefeated teams in the bottom half of the D-II bracket other than Katy.
Galena Park North Shore (9-0) - won't face another top 20 team until the D-I semis
PSJA North (9-0) - will run up against Seguin or Converse Judson probably in the 3rd round
Los Fresnos (9-0) - would play Austin Westlake or San Antonio Churchill in the 3rd round most likely

4A

El Paso Chapin (9-0) - probably the best of the El Paso teams. Has a good chance of a 3rd round or Quarterfinal trip but would run into Stephenville or Birdville, or several others that will be tough to beat.
El Paso Parkland (9-0) - will have a tough time getting past the 2nd round with Frenship probably waiting for them
Birdville (8-0) - would run up against Stephenville in the 2nd round
Stephenville (9-0) - will likely face Birdville in a 2nd round matchup
Highland Park (9-0) - will run up against Texarkana in the 2nd round of D-I
Texarkana (9-0) - Highland Park in Round 2
Dallas Wilson (9-0) - would run up against Waxahachie, Ennis or Corsicana in the 2nd round probably
Barbers Hill (9-0) - if they make it past the 22-4A runnerup they will be tested by La Marque in the 2nd round
Lamar Consolidated (9-0) - shouldn't have many problems in the D-I region 3 bracket unless Brenham goes D-I then they could meet in the Quarters
Calallen (9-0) - shouldn't face any resistance until the 3rd round of D-II with Alamo Heights or the Quarters against Schertz Clemens or Edcouch-Elsa
Edcouch-Elsa (9-0) - no major problems until the 3rd round with Schertz-Clemens potentially waiting

3A

Decatur (9-0) - 1st round matchup with Abilene Wylie should be close
Celina (9-0) - 2nd round collision with Madison looming
Dallas Madison (8-0) - 2 wins away from a Celina matchup
Gilmer (9-0) - 1st round matchup with Liberty-Eylau won't be a cakewalk
West Orange-Stark (9-0) - 2 wins away from rematch with Giddings
Giddings (9-0) - 2 wins away from rematch with WO-S
Cuero (9-0) - 3 wins away from Wimberley
Devine (9-0) and Hondo (9-0) - they face each other this week as the only matchup of unbeatens in the state

and since I don't really know 2A and 1A very well Ill just list the 14 teams in those classifications and shutup.

2A

Haskell (9-0)
Quitman (9-0)
Paul Pewitt (9-0)
East Chambers (9-0)
East Bernard (8-0)
Schulenburg (9-0)
Cotulla (8-0)

1A

Nazareth (8-0)
New Deal (9-0)
Windthorst (9-0)
Goldthwaite (9-0)
Wolfe City (9-0)
Alto (9-0)
La Villa (8-0)

bandera7
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
well in the 5a, Euless Trinity and SLC will be a great game to be at...it is always fun to watch SLC win.

Bull Butter
11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Devine and Hondo will be epic............

Boosty_Hondo
11-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Devine and Hondo will be epic............

yes it will i cant wait till friday so i can witness Hondo throw it down on Devine!!!!

Old Tiger
11-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I want to make that SLC/ET game.

If SLC runs the table in the D1 ranks they could be mythical NC's again.

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2006, 02:54 AM
how the hell is La Villa undefeated?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
how the hell is La Villa undefeated?

La Villa has been blowing everyone out of the water by humongous scores. From what I understand, they pretty much returned the entire team from last year's playoff team in 2A. They're down in 1A now killing everyone.

Ray_BearKat
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
La Villa has been blowing everyone out of the water by humongous scores. From what I understand, they pretty much returned the entire team from last year's playoff team in 2A. They're down in 1A now killing everyone.

here are some of their game results I think I'm missing one:
vs Taft(2A) 12-6
vs Santa Rosa(2A) 33-20
vs St. Joseph (TAPPS 5-A) 40-7
vs MMA (TAPPS 5-A) 35-10
vs Ben Bolt 32-13
vs Santa Maria 66-19
vs Bruni 49-14