PDA

View Full Version : Tarpons 45 Lyford 0

Kakarot
10-12-2002, 12:38 AM
Good Job Tarpons. We were a sloppy in the beginning of the game and we know we could of done better just the mistakes. Next we got Raymondville LETS GOOO TARPONS.

eye of the tiger
10-12-2002, 10:08 AM
Nice win for the Tarps. Congrats

nfcfan
10-12-2002, 12:01 PM
Seems like PI had more penalty yards than the Lyford offense. eek!

footballgal
10-12-2002, 12:58 PM
I never leave my seat during the games not even at halftime, last night my daughter and I went to the ladies room while Lyford was deep in Tarpons territory. (after a couple of penalties--20 yards) While in the ladies room I hear a tremendous roar, I quietly hurried my daughter and as I am walking out I still hear the PI fans cheering, I am like what???? I see PI setting up, to what appears to be a FG extra point, I rush up the stairs to ask my hubby what happened. I see him watching me going up the stair to my seat; he has this big smile on his face... I finally get up there and says to me "You missed Missile and so did everybody else.." I said what happened? He tells me how I missed Missile 90 yard interception run for a touchdown, and how it looked as if one of last players a tackle, had him. Missile "jukes" him and sprints past him and another player who seems to have the angle to catch up but to no avail, as Missile sprits away for the TD. I was like I missed that I couldn't believe it. I thought maybe I will see it on TV, but as it turns out the local TV station camera crew, left at the half with the score being 27-0 (I think). Anyhow Great run Missile, (I am sorry I missed it!!) and Congratulations to the Mighty Fightin' Silver Tarpons!!, way to go I knew you would win big, and expect the same results the rest of the district race!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

The Beast from the East will have it's feast!
http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/chomp.gif

Kool Tarpon 21
10-12-2002, 07:09 PM
Footballgal, it's ok. I don't think it was that great of a play. It was just a play. I did get tired of running to score though because I had been playing all game. I was mad after that because our coach always takes the starters out after we're winning by a lot. I hate it when he does that. I know I'm being greedy and I shouldn't be, but I love playing. Anyways, we won and I am happy. The next hurdle is Raymondville. We have to beat them since we haven't been able to for a long time. We're going all out. I expect Raymondville to do the same so it would be a good game. LET'S GO TARPONS!!!!!!

Missile#21

<small>[ October 12, 2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Kool Tarpon 21 ]</small>

footballgal
10-12-2002, 11:31 PM
Kool Tarpon 21:
Footballgal, it's ok. I don't think it was that great of a play. It was just a play. I did get tired of running to score though because I had been playing all game. I was mad after that because our coach always takes the starters out after we're winning by a lot. I hate it when he does that. I know I'm being greedy and I shouldn't be, but I love playing. Anyways, we won and I am happy. The next hurdle is Raymondville. We have to beat them since we haven't been able to for a long time. We're going all out. I expect Raymondville to do the same so it would be a good game. LET'S GO TARPONS!!!!!!

Missile#21It's nice to see that you are humble Misael, but I hear it was a great interception.

Since you bringing it up I have to touch on the subject just a little. I am starting to get a little concerned about you'll not playing 4 QTRs of football. You'll have been limited to playing less than 3 full qtrs., I wonder if that will have an effect on you'll. What will happen when on a given game that the starters might have to play all 4 QTRs, I wonder if the team will have the conditioning/endurance to be able to play the entire game? I understand that Coach Stambaugh doesn't like to runup the score on teams, and that he is giving the 2nd team some valuable playing time that is all good but I just keep wondering if it will have an effect on the team's ability to play all 4 qtrs. Which brings to mind the Raymondville Bearkats, as they seem to be winning games in a comeback style, in the 3rd and 4th quarters, & not to bring up last year's game but we all know what happened. What happens if you'll are winning, then he pulls out the starters and Raymond starts coming back, I hope it won't be too late to put you'll back in. But anyhow those are just my thoughts, what do you think?

I can understand you wanting some more playing time, that is what a competitor likes to do, play and get the ball as much as possible and that's OK you are not being greedy.

I don't like to mention any particular player, because this Tarpon Team plays like a TEAM not a like a team with a couple superstars, but like a team with an array of them. But here it goes; great highlights by the play of the sophomre Frankie Herrera, Joey Loera, Gabriel Alvarez, and you Missile, and of course the entire "Seawall" defense and those who stepped in & stepped it up to play for the much missed player Tony Perez, a player I had really enjoyed watching.

You'll continue to practice hard; remember that how you practice is how you play.

<small>[ October 12, 2002, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

nfcfan
10-13-2002, 01:48 AM
For the past couple of games i've noticed the qb doesnt pitch to the rb on the option plays. I know he does pick up some yards, but I always say a RUNNINGback is better at running the ball than the qb. By the way Missle why are'nt you running out there on the sweeps and options?; with your speed, the Tarps should break away for TDs even more.

Keep it up!

I was thinking the same thing about the 4 qtrs of work.
:cool:

Kool Tarpon 21
10-13-2002, 02:49 PM
That's true. I know I can play 4 quarters any day of the week, but I don't know if my teammates can. I think you do have a good point. I will tell Coach Stumbaugh to see what he thinks. I know he doesn't like running up the score. I don't think he has ever thought about this though. I think he knows we can play 4 quarters any day. I know I can. Besides, he has to give the other players some playing time. It's not fair to them that they don't play. They have to get experienced just in case one of the starters gets hurt.

I'm not a running back because I don't think I am good at running the ball. I never tried it though.

Well, next we have those Bearkats. It's time to practice hard and play hard. I can't wait to face this team. We got beat by them last year and we're not about to let it repeat again.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
MISSILE #21