PDA

View Full Version : madison vs celina in 3 weeks

cats2151
11-06-2006, 04:20 PM
It should happen.I know this has been brought up early in the season.Now that they have almost finished up the regular season where do they stand?Who looks to be the better team at this point?

PHS Wildcats
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
From what most people are saying on the board, Madsion doesn't have a chance in this game. They are a bunch of individuals that is a DISD school that make too many mistakes. Madsion I think you have a chance, no matter what other people say.

I hope they can get out of the 1st round and if that happens, hope they can stay within 5 tds of Celina

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I say just give Celina the bye till the championship:p

JR2004
11-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Why do you keep bringing this up? Nevermind I know why...You're looking for some opinions to back up your statement that "Madison = Getto"...I'd pay good money to see you actually go over to 3000 Martin Luther King JR Blvd. and make the statement you made.

While I get a good laugh out of your ridiculousness, let me help you feel better about yourself and get all the customary responses about James Madison out of the way...

Madison is too undisciplined to do anything in the playoffs.

They get too many penalties.

They're "Getto"...

They're classless...

They don't win by enough points every week.

Their RB is a showboat.

There that ought to do it.

big daddy russ
11-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I think Madison has as good a chance as anyone. Just because a school is "ghetto" doesn't mean those kids aren't disciplined and can't play ball. Just look at Dallas Carter. Everyone likes to label them a bunch of "thugs," but they do just fine.

I've never seen Madison play, but I'll be rooting for them if this matchup happens.

charlesrixey
11-06-2006, 07:56 PM
I haven't seen anyone in this thread make those assumptions about madison other than you.

Most Celinians (and even me 1,000 miles away) have a great deal of respect for Madison and for the DISD schools, which have given us good and bad games in the past.

The majority of people picking Celina are likely to believe that the Bobcats match up well from a football standpoint, and not because Madison is from the 'ghetto.'

McNeal would be the best player by far the Bobcats have faced all year, but inversely Celina is the best team Madison will have faced this year.

Good luck to both teams.

big daddy russ
11-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I haven't seen anyone in this thread make those assumptions about madison other than you.

Most Celinians (and even me 1,000 miles away) have a great deal of respect for Madison and for the DISD schools, which have given us good and bad games in the past.

The majority of people picking Celina are likely to believe that the Bobcats match up well from a football standpoint, and not because Madison is from the 'ghetto.'

McNeal would be the best player by far the Bobcats have faced all year, but inversely Celina is the best team Madison will have faced this year.

Good luck to both teams.
I might've taken it the wrong way, then. I had seen someone say Madison was undisciplined in an older Madison/Celina thread and then JR2004 (who apparently follows Madison) said that about people thinking they're ghetto and I took it a step farther.

If it is just all a big misunderstanding, I apologize. Didn't mean to fan the flames even more if there's nothing there.

JR2004
11-06-2006, 08:21 PM

Good luck to both teams.

Read the board more often. Those are ALL things that have been said about Madison. I saved other folks the trouble of having to repeat the same garbage they've been saying (And in some cases erasing) so I went ahead and put it out there to make the original poster feel better about himself. This thread wasn't put up for any reason other than that.

I personally couldn't care less who the Trojans play in the playoffs, BUT I do get sick of the same redundant comments being said over and over for no reason other than to make some folks feel good about themselves. This thread was started by a guy who called Madison "Getto" several weeks ago and yet he couldn't even spell it right.

StreetBobcat
11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
"Whatever about the name calling"...
This is a game that is extremely hard not to look ahead for. It will be the best challange either team has had to this point, and the winner looks to go several more rounds deeper in the playoffs. The loser is a good team that goes home early...
The adrinaline will be flowing that night!

charlesrixey
11-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Russ, i was referring to JR, not you, sorry about that

JR,

repeating what rabid fans have said doesn't justify your own argument. I merely talked about this thread, not others. The original post was asking only for an outlook on the game, not on your condemnation of those rooting against Madison. As before, i think Madison is a much better team than given credit for (especially by the AP polls) and the winner of that game would be the favorite to make it to the state finals.

If i wanted to feel good about myself, there are many other things i could do than pan Madison for being an inner-city school.

Rabbit'93
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Why do you keep bringing this up? Nevermind I know why...You're looking for some opinions to back up your statement that "Madison = Getto"...I'd pay good money to see you actually go over to 3000 Martin Luther King JR Blvd. and make the statement you made.

While I get a good laugh out of your ridiculousness, let me help you feel better about yourself and get all the customary responses about James Madison out of the way...

Madison is too undisciplined to do anything in the playoffs.

They get too many penalties.

They're "Getto"...

They're classless...

They don't win by enough points every week.

Their RB is a showboat.

There that ought to do it.
Whoa reel it in JR. I think he was merely bringing up a subject.
Myself I will be pulling for Madison. A couple guys I work with went to school there.

Also Jr. I often go hang out "under the bridge" on Lamar. Good times over there.;)

JR2004
11-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Whoa reel it in JR. I think he was merely bringing up a subject.
Myself I will be pulling for Madison. A couple guys I work with went to school there.

Also Jr. I often go hang out "under the bridge" on Lamar. Good times over there.;)

That wasn't this poster's motivation for putting up this thread. Doesn't bother me too much if they're called undisciplined because I know that's not the case. Doesn't bother when they're picked to lose. Never have liked the "we get no respect" stuff so I don't care about that either. But when a guy that insulted them like the original poster did (and then erased what he said about Madison before it could get quoted) puts up a thread that has Madison's name in it, I'm not going to let him forget the cowardly comment he made. That guy crossed the line. I'm not going to insult a team on here the way they were insulted with that comment. These are still kids after all that we're discussing around here when we're talking about high school football.

I like James Madison and what they're doing over there both sports-wise and the lengths some of those folks go to for the kids there so when he mouths off like that I'm going to remind him about it.

JR2004
11-06-2006, 09:45 PM
The original post was asking only for an outlook on the game, not on your condemnation of those rooting against Madison.
[/B]

I don't care if anyone roots for or against Madison. That'd be pretty lame and pointless to be mad because someone doesn't want to root for the school you cheer for. There's just some comments on here that cross the line. There were several more, but they didn't need to be repeated. You've misunderstood why I gave the response that I did.

Heck I just sat at a game last Thursday with Gsquared. (Great guy to watch a football game with if you haven't had the chance to.) I know he believes Celina will win and I even gave some reasons to him why Celina will be the favorite going into the game if they meet.

charlesrixey
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I was unaware of any editing by the original poster, but any friend of Gsquared is a friend of mine. I have not ever met him, but i have met a couple who have! (i think so, anyway)

Of course, i didn't see this topic until after your reply, so maybe i just missed the boat. I just didn't want the argument to be too one sided, given that Celina doesn't deserve the bad rap that some bobcat fans portray on various boards.

was in town just in time to see Celina play Pilot Point, and Frisco Wakeland at that new stadium up there. Saw some friends, mostly from the PIG, and got to catch up with some of the old coaches.

Unfortunately, i;ve got another tour which will force me to miss all of next season, but in the spring i should be back in texas for good. Then i can start digging up all of the old piggies on the net at the games.

Matthew328
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Having seen what both teams can do Madison definatley has some advantages they could exploit in a potential matchup with Celina..obviously they'll have a big speed advantage over Celina...its hard not to have an advantage in speed when you have the 2 time 100m champion toting the rock....

BUT Celina also has some advantages they can exploit the first is depth..they are much deeper than Madison and I imagine they'll try and run the ball right at the Trojans and play keep away and try and wear them down..

I've said it before and I'll say it again Madison has got to cut the penalties down some...the 3 games I've seen they take a lot of bad penalties (false starts, substitution penalties, etc) they'll have to play mistake free to beat Celina because Celina simply won't beat themselves...

bandera7
11-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow this will be a great game to be at, both Celina and Madison have played good ball this year. Should be interesting.