PDA

View Full Version : Scenario/Question For Aggy Faithful

Old Tiger
11-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Here is a scenario/question;

They run it twice on third down and fourth down. They do not make it. Do you aggy faithful complain that he should have thrown the ball and still want Fran out of CS?

mwynn05
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

They run it twice on third down and fourth down. They do not make it. Do you aggy faithful complain that he should have thrown the ball and still want Fran out of CS? The way i feel if you throw it on 3rd you gotta kick it but if they run it i think you can give it 2 tries...i think it was bennett who was open on that pass too

AggieJohn
11-06-2006, 04:24 PM

They run it twice on third down and fourth down. They do not make it. Do you aggy faithful complain that he should have thrown the ball and still want Fran out of CS? I don't feel like I would be *itching as much right now. Fran played conservative and abandoned his bread and butter. It made no sense with his playcalling. Playcalling won us Mizzou, Baylor, OSU, and Army this year. But he's resorted back to the Fran of old, and if he can't get the tricks out or have the balls to go for it when your on the two yard line w/ your 280 lb tailback, then you have problems.

g$$
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
No, I would not have complained. Disappointed yes, but would have appreciated the cajones to go for it.

Worst case scenario has OU backed up on the goal line at Kyle Field with about 5 or 6 minutes to go.

The answer is emphatically NO to your question.

big daddy russ
11-06-2006, 08:03 PM

They run it twice on third down and fourth down. They do not make it. Do you aggy faithful complain that he should have thrown the ball and still want Fran out of CS?
The complaints would've come even if he won the game. I think it was a horrible decision on 3rd and 2, but what can you do now?

Thing is, Lane would've given them a much better chance at having a good shot on fourth down. On a pass play from the 2 yard line, there's not that much field for the defense to cover and you risk a sack, even on play action. You've had a horrible game through the air and the defensive backs that were shutting you down with an 80-yard field only has 12.5 yards to cover.

With Lane going straight up the gut, there's a very good chance that the Ags are dealing with no less than fourth and short instead of fourth and 2.5.

One way or the other, the howls were coming. Fran was loved his first two years in CS. Then the natives got restless last year as the team backslid. Now there's all out mutiny since he can't beat a team with a pulse other than Okie State. He dug his grave already and all the bad calls, the missed opportunities, etc in the past are echoing louder now.

A&M's a tough place to coach. It's one of the 15 most high-profile jobs in the country, the locals expect a winner, and they have a HC who's given them exactly one winning season, zero big wins, and one last-ditch season (2006) that was designed to give fans a false sense of hope.

IMO, he needs at least two wins in the next three games (Nebraska, UT, and their bowl game) or a win against a top-ten opponent (UT or bowl game) to keep the fans from tarring and feathering him and his cats.