PDA

View Full Version : Movie for the Ladies Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Phil C
11-06-2006, 12:28 PM
It is on tomorrow on TCM at 2:45 P.M. to 5 P.M. It is the 1959 version of Imitation of Life with Lana Turner, Sandra Dee and Susan Kohner. It is about two mothers, one white and the other black, who become lifetime friends but have trouble with their rebellious daughter. The Ladies really liked this movie so I am posting it here for their benefit if they want to see it.

No offense intended to the Ladies at all but Guys - avoid this movie. Trust me on this one fellows.

Phil C
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
The only thing the guys might be interested in is that the great black gospel singer Mahalia Jackson sings in the last ten minutes. Otherwise don't watch anything else guys. It is a treat for the Ladies though.

44INAROW
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
This is a great movie.. I have watched it several times.:cool:

Phil C
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
This is a great movie.. I have watched it several times.:cool:

Thank you 44! Now remember guys - 44 is a lady. ;)

Phil C
11-06-2006, 12:33 PM
As a funny side note my late brother lived in Austin when it was first released and was undecided about seeing this movie but three people told him it was a great wonderful movie and highly recommened he see it which he did. Needless to say he regreted doing so and noted that the three people who recommended it were women. :D

pero chato
11-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
As a funny side note my late brother lived in Austin when it was first released and was undecided about seeing this movie but three people told him it was a great wonderful movie and highly recommened he see it which he did. Needless to say he regreted doing so and noted that the three people who recommended it were women. :D

This reminds me of a few years ago when my wife promised to take me to a Clint Eastwood movie. The movie? The Bridges of Madison County.

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is on tomorrow on TCM at 2:45 P.M. to 5 P.M. It is the 1959 version of Imitation of Life with Lana Turner, Sandra Dee and Susan Kohner. It is about two mothers, one white and the other black, who become lifetime friends but have trouble with their rebellious daughter. The Ladies really liked this movie so I am posting it here for their benefit if they want to see it.

No offense intended to the Ladies at all but Guys - avoid this movie. Trust me on this one fellows. Guess I'll have to watch it on video I'll be at work tomorrow. Then I'm going to Beeville to watch the Sinton Lady Pirates!! :)

spiveyrat
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Also Phil, don't forget Cars comes out on DVD tomorrow! :D

Phil C
11-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
This reminds me of a few years ago when my wife promised to take me to a Clint Eastwood movie. The movie? The Bridges of Madison County.

You should have known there was a catch to it! :D

Phil C
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Guess I'll have to watch it on video I'll be at work tomorrow. Then I'm going to Beeville to watch the Sinton Lady Pirates!! :)

Why not set the recorder? Please call the final result in. I can't go but maybe I can greet the bus when they come back.