PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Needville

fireman1
11-06-2006, 11:39 AM
This is the biggest game of the season for both the Tigers and the Bluejays there is only one more spot for the playoffs but the Tigers dont even have to win they could lose by 5 and still make it. So how will this game end.

Johnnypaycheck
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
wharton in a close one. Speed kills and wharton has plenty of it

gato 76
11-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
This is the biggest game of the season for both the Tigers and the Bluejays there is only one more spot for the playoffs but the Tigers dont even have to win they could lose by 5 and still make it. So how will this game end.

I will go with Wharton in this one,they can taste the playoffs and there hungry enough to want it.

pancho villa
11-06-2006, 12:13 PM
It's a shame 5 teams from our distrist will stay home.
When in Reg. IV they have all them 4 team districts.

May the best team win. Good luck to both.

htowntransplant
11-06-2006, 02:04 PM
yeah im leaning to wharton if they can keep thadeus wilkerson and the needville running game in check.

raider red 2000
11-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

it is possible that the Blue jays go 8-2 this year and dont make it....while polacios (3-6) and Yoakum (4-5) are playing to get in from reg 4.

also....the gonzales apaches are already in at 3-7.

IHStangFan
11-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
it is possible that the Blue jays go 8-2 this year and dont make it....while polacios (3-6) and Yoakum (4-5) are playing to get in from reg 4.

also....the gonzales apaches are already in at 3-7. yup....that sucks. Needville is surely better than Palacious, Yoakum or Gonzales.

I don't know who to pick here though, I'm going to say upset and say Needville just to be different. I think either team has the ability to win this one.

NHSBulldog75
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Blue Jays by 7

44INAROW
11-06-2006, 03:53 PM

I agree with you Pancho - it is a shame - some really good teams sitting home :( I am torn about who wins this one.. Wishing Coach Roark and his boys good luck as well as the RaiderRed and his boys - hows that for sitting on the fence :D

Tiger3
11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm going with Wharton by 9.

fireman1
11-06-2006, 08:27 PM
well sorry to the Wharton fans I will not be in attendence Friday since I will be in Katy for Fire Department training, but I think the Tigers will pull this one off and advance to the playoffs which I will be in attendence for

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Were is this game?

fireman1
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Were is this game?

the game will be held in Needville

Uncle Buck
11-06-2006, 09:11 PM
This will be a great game. Lots of big plays, Lots of points.

Wharton 35

Needville 28

Good luck to both teams. Pancho is right, it is a shame that we will have 5 teams sit at home, with atleast 3 being better than many in region IV that will be in the playoffs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
the game will be held in Needville

How many points will Needville have to win by to go D1?

wedo
11-06-2006, 11:05 PM

More than 5 i think

Antec
11-06-2006, 11:06 PM
will be broacast over the internet at

www.kulpradio.com

Antec
11-06-2006, 11:07 PM
http://www.kulpradio.com/

maestro
11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
should be an exciting game!!!

wow....wharton or needville....

i agree......can palacios and that bunch even come close???

great job UIL !!!!

but no one ever said that the playoffs were the best teams.....it's the teams that can survive and advance.

pancho villa
11-07-2006, 08:31 AM

If Columbia beats Royal they will be DI no matter what Needville wins by.

chugbug
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
My heart is with the Jays. But I think Wharton wins this one by 7. Goodluck Sasquatch, Crow and Circus Tiger.:bigcry:

fireman1
11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
WC will go D1 no matter what

raider red 2000
11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
WC will go D1 no matter what

unless they lose :) and needville wins :)

fireman1
11-07-2006, 10:16 AM
yes but what are the odds that Brookshire beats WC

raider red 2000
11-07-2006, 11:08 AM
yes but what are the odds that Brookshire beats WC

not too good.

WC by about 40

Johnnypaycheck
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
good luck raider red...

should be a good one friday night between you guys and the jays.

pancho villa
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
I think the team that scores the most points will win.

g$$
11-07-2006, 04:15 PM
If Columbia beats Royal they will be DI no matter what Needville wins by.

I think Wharton wins Friday but...

Scenario:
If WC wins & Needville wins, Wharton stays home? Is that right based on point differentials? Help me out please.

You could theoretically have 3 teams all 5-2 in district & all having beaten each other, with 2 spots left.

Wouldn't WC & Wharton in that scenario both be 5-2 in district? And Wharton beat WC by 6 (& did not kick PAT either in OT).

WC = -6 & +18 = +12
Wharton = +6 & ? = ? (+6 & -6 = 0)
Needville = -18 & ? = ? (-18 & +6 = -12)
..but Needville would have head to head over Wharton? So Wharton can lose by 5 & get in?

If it comes down to 2 tied again, doesn't it go back to head to head? Thanks for the help, just trying to understand it & the tiebreakers for this district.

Tiger3
11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I think in this district they only use positive points and you can only get up to 18 pts. So...

WC has +18
Wharton has +6
and if Needville wins by 6 or more they go over Wharton.

fireman1
11-07-2006, 05:49 PM
that is correct Tiger3 this district only uses positive points

g$$
11-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks, I got it. It all comes down to the big game then & the score. WC will win easily.

+ points makes it easier I guess.

tigerpride_08
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
us tigers will be ready for this game...i think its gonna come down to who works harder leading up to the game...

fireman1
11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
us tigers will be ready for this game...

well I hope so because it will not be an easy game

scrub c
11-08-2006, 08:43 AM
needville has a stout defense, and an offense that can take the air out of the ball.

fireman1
11-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Wharton has the speed to get around the field

whtfbplaya
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
needville has a stout defense, and an offense that can take the air out of the ball.

I bet it is hard to follow the ball if it does not have any air.

scrub c
11-08-2006, 06:51 PM
well, my point is, they will play keep away from you.
Lets face it, Wharton is not exactly a "stop the run" kinda defense. Needville=ground and pound...lot of clock and you dont get the ball. Wharton=big plays. You need to score EVERY time you get the ball or it could be trouble.

Im pulling for the tigers in this one because, if the Tigers win, we are in no matter what we do.

fireman1
11-08-2006, 07:55 PM
well if needville would make a touchdown or Field Goal then Wharton gets the ball

Crow22
11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
well if needville would make a touchdown or Field Goal then Wharton gets the ball

Hmm.....ok.......

maestro
11-08-2006, 10:20 PM
what a dufus comment fireman.....

i agree with the description of the game styles.....

someone has done their homework.....

scrub....that's exactly the way the game is going to unfold....

may the better team win.....and good luck to these athletes....

fireman1
11-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by maestro
what a dufus comment fireman.....

lol well am i right or wrong?

Tiger3
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM
I would have to say your right fireman1!

fireman1
11-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Im just stating the facts

IHStangFan
11-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I do agree w/ the team analysis though...

Needville is a ground pounding team that relies on its running game

Wharton is a team that seems to rely on big plays from their big play maker....their QB.

if you stop Needville's running game, theyre done, if you stop Wharton's QB...theyre done....so it really comes down to the D for these teams.

thats just my opinion.

Tiger3
11-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Those are good pts., but Wharton also has another playmaker in Jamial Shelton.

IHStangFan
11-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiger3
Those are good pts., but Wharton also has another playmaker in Jamial Shelton. he may have been out hurt when I watched Wharton play WC. Wharton's QB was there though! LOL. Kid is a great athelete.

wedo
11-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Those are good pts., but Wharton also has another playmaker in Jamial Shelton.

Good point. Sweeny took ansley out of the running game and forced him to pass, and Shelton had a big game! Wharton vs. Needville game is a lot like the Louiville vs. Rutgers game IMO. Needville relies on thier running game and if they can keep the ball away from wharton they can win. If not Wharton is too explosive for them and wharton will win big!

But i say wharton 28 Needville 14

Tiger3
11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Very good analogy wedo and I hope your right that Wharton comes out on top.

Tiger3
11-09-2006, 04:20 PM
By the way Jamial was out for the WC game IHStangFan.

IHStangFan
11-09-2006, 04:27 PM
By the way Jamial was out for the WC game IHStangFan. yeah, I was thinking so. I'm new to the area and trying to take in as much of the local ball as I can before the season is over. Seen some pretty good football so far! Wharton has my respect.

Tiger3
11-09-2006, 04:30 PM
If the defense comes to play we have a real good chance, if not the offense is going to have to score a lot.

fireman1
11-09-2006, 04:37 PM
the game all comes down to Wharton's D stopping the run and Needville's D stopping the QB Ansley WR Shelton and the rest of the offense. the team the can do that will win

carter08
11-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I'd like to see Needville win by more than 5
because after DCTF came out with Wharton ranked 25
I told some friends that Wharton would miss the playoffs
I really want to say I told you So

Tiger3
11-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Well I sure hope that does not happen, I want Wharton to take control early so I dont have to sweat it out until the end like usual. But knowing Wharton the game will not be decided until the last snap.

fireman1
11-10-2006, 08:48 AM
game day any last predictions?

IHStangFan
11-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Wharton looks pretty tough, but beings I'm soon to be a resident of Needville (Guy) I'm going to turn into an instant homer...

Needville by a TD

nexfan
11-10-2006, 12:19 PM
I might be the only guy in Brazoria County that isnt impressed at all with the Needville Bluejays!! They are pretty one dimensional and there one dimension wasnt impressive to me!! I think Wilkerson might have had over 150 yards against WC but he seemed to get the ball every play. They might have a decent recored but they looked liked the same ole blah Needville Bluejays to me. Not alot has changed, they have big boys on the line who can stop the run but not many athletes to stop the pass so in my estimation this game today should be no different than the WC vs. Needville game!! Wharton should win by at least 3 TD's and they play Giddings next Friday!! Somebody needs to get those roundballs ready!! Good luck to both teams.

whtfbplaya
11-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Wharton looks pretty tough, but beings I'm soon to be a resident of Needville (Guy) I'm going to turn into an instant homer...

Needville by a TD

IHStangFan, I didn't know you live in Guy, I worked there for 3 years.

Tiger3
11-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Good luck Tigers!!!

IHStangFan
11-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
IHStangFan, I didn't know you live in Guy, I worked there for 3 years. Well, we're not OFFICALLY there yet.....in the process of buying a house there. We are supposed to close in early Dec. hopefully sooner!

Crow22
11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Where are all these "BIG" boys we have on the line??? lol....

nexfan
11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Where are all these "BIG" boys we have on the line??? lol....

They are in front of the quarterback wearing high numbers!! If you want to take away one of the strenghts I think Needville has which is consistently producing "big boys" to bulk up the line... go ahead! If you want to disagree and post everybodys weight and height like alot of people do... be my guest! I have seen Needville play football since I was born and it always seems like they have big fellas but no speed, granted things change from year to year but that always seems to be the constant with Needville. They usually have one, maybe two guys that they feature on offense and if you stop them, you win. Like I said I am not trying to be demeaning or anything like that but that is my general synopsis on the Bluejays.

g$$
11-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I might be the only guy in Brazoria County that isnt impressed at all with the Needville Bluejays!! They are pretty one dimensional and there one dimension wasnt impressive to me!! I think Wilkerson might have had over 150 yards against WC but he seemed to get the ball every play. They might have a decent recored but they looked liked the same ole blah Needville Bluejays to me. Not alot has changed, they have big boys on the line who can stop the run but not many athletes to stop the pass so in my estimation this game today should be no different than the WC vs. Needville game!! Wharton should win by at least 3 TD's and they play Giddings next Friday!! Somebody needs to get those roundballs ready!! Good luck to both teams.

Not impressed either. Wharton wins easily.

WC plays Bellville next Friday too (probably). Basketball starts very soon for both.

nexfan
11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Not impressed either. Wharton wins easily.

WC plays Bellville next Friday too (probably). Basketball starts very soon for both.

You do mean both WC and Sweeny right!!

g$$
11-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Sweeny vs. La Grange is a better match-up than playing Giddings & Bellville. But hey, gotta play the games. No guarantees ever.

nexfan
11-10-2006, 03:22 PM
How sure are you on the La Grange match up? Is it a definite Giddings, Bellville, La Grange in the playoffs or could Caldwell or Navasota squeak in? I read on a diff post that if Caldwell beat Bellville by a certain # of points that Bellville wouldnt even make it in! I guess there district might be a little like ours by how the final games meaning has alot to do with who gets in!! LEt me know G$$

g$$
11-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Looking like Giddings, Bellville, & LG. Don't think that the other stuff is gonna happen w/ Caldwell, etc.

My post was based strictly on match-ups. Sweeny is a good but not great team. I like the LG match-up for them though.

nexfan
11-10-2006, 03:38 PM
If I was Sweeny I'd rather play La Grange too!! It will be a better chance for ya'll to go to round two although they wont be a push over whatsoever!! Giddings and Bellville could probably play with anybody in the state. Not saying were gonna beat Bellville but I promise the final score wont be 42-13!! I would like to think we have improved since week 2! I just want to add this....how do you lose to B'port and then win district? B'port!!

g$$
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
QB Zajicek got hurt (shoulder) early in 1st game, & Sweeny lost their 1st 2 games really close (1 in OT on missed kicks/snaps). They also have moved some kids around & started clicking. He returned in the 3rd game, have not lost since. Steady player & coach's son.

Team game, but these 2 things made a huge difference. Tank Carder also moved from TE to FB & became more of a focal point on offense. He's a player & probably MVP in the district (Ansley, Shelton, Flannel, etc. in the running too). But Tank plays both ways & does the kicking too.

Injuries are always a factor (like Flannel at WC). He will be a huge difference when they play Bellville again. Still think Bellville has a little too much though. Good luck.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-10-2006, 04:51 PM
How sure are you on the La Grange match up? Is it a definite Giddings, Bellville, La Grange in the playoffs or could Caldwell or Navasota squeak in? I read on a diff post that if Caldwell beat Bellville by a certain # of points that Bellville wouldnt even make it in! I guess there district might be a little like ours by how the final games meaning has alot to do with who gets in!! LEt me know G$$

Giddings and Bellville are in. If Caldwell beats Bellville they would be the 3rd team. If Bellville wins, and Navasota beats La Grange it would most likely be Navasota as the 3rd team. Anyone from WC, pm me a cell# to get updates tonight?

Crow22
11-10-2006, 05:01 PM
They are in front of the quarterback wearing high numbers!! If you want to take away one of the strenghts I think Needville has which is consistently producing "big boys" to bulk up the line... go ahead! If you want to disagree and post everybodys weight and height like alot of people do... be my guest! I have seen Needville play football since I was born and it always seems like they have big fellas but no speed, granted things change from year to year but that always seems to be the constant with Needville. They usually have one, maybe two guys that they feature on offense and if you stop them, you win. Like I said I am not trying to be demeaning or anything like that but that is my general synopsis on the Bluejays.

Well, have you seen us play THIS year?

Our offensive line is actually a very average size offensive line.

Should be a good game.