PDA

View Full Version : burk vs graham

Chunkthepill
11-06-2006, 11:31 AM
what's gonna happen? burk's back is against the wall

MarginalTalent
11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
So is Graham's. The loser might miss the playoffs.

Texasfootball2
11-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Does anybody body now all the differnent possibilities with this district. Can the loser of this game still get in? Also, does WF Hirschi already have a playoff spot? And , is there any possible way that Vernon can get in?

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Does anybody body now all the differnent possibilities with this district. Can the loser of this game still get in? Also, does WF Hirschi already have a playoff spot? And , is there any possible way that Vernon can get in?

Burk loses they are out. Graham loses then they are in with a Vernon win. Vernon needs to win and Graham to win. Iowa Park is in with a win and doesn't need any help. Here are the scenarios:

scenarios
1. Vernon beats iowa park; Graham beats Burkburnett
--Graham is the district champ
--Vernon, Burkburnett & Hirschi tie at 2-2
--Vernon wins the point-system tiebreaker;
Hirschi wins on head-to-head with Burkburnett

2.Vernon beats iowa park; Burkburnett beats Graham
--Burkburnett is the district champ
--Vernon, Graham & Hirschi tie at 2-2
--Hirschi wins the point-system tiebreaker;
Graham wins on head-to-head with Vernon

3.Vernon falls to iowa park; Graham beats Burkburnett
--Graham is the district champ
--iowa park, Burkburnett & Hirschi tie at 2-2
--iowa park wins the point-system tiebreaker;
Hirschi wins on head-to-head with Burkburnett

4.Vernon falls iowa park;Burkburnett beats Graham
--Burkburnett is the district champ
--iowa park, Graham & Hirschi tie at 2-2
--iowa park wins the point-system tiebreaker;
Hirschi wins on head-to-head with Graham

Texasfootball2
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
You've got to love high school football. Five team district and everybody is still alive going into the last week. You think there will be a lot of people with headphones on during these games trying to keep up with whats happening?

JasonTX
11-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't it be great if they could re-schedule these games and have them play on Saturday at memorial stadium. Have Graham and Burk play at 2pm. followed by Vernon and I.P at 7:30. Imagine the money the district could make.

Chunkthepill
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
would be pretty cool to have both games at the same site. Big impact on who plays who with district 5-3a

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by JasonTX
Wouldn't it be great if they could re-schedule these games and have them play on Saturday at memorial stadium. Have Graham and Burk play at 2pm. followed by Vernon and I.P at 7:30. Imagine the money the district could make.

That is a great idea. I would stay for both.

Technoredneck
11-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
That is a great idea. I would stay for both.
And THAT is why multiple games at a common site SUCK! The later scheduled games don't get seats because the earlier fans have great seats that they want to hold on to for the upcoming "great match-up" so the now "Home" & "Visitor" fans are left with poor seats near the end zones that don't allow them to properly support their players. The next time I am going to a stadum where we play a late game I will be there plenty early with ALL of MY family to secure good seats for us to see our game!

It is a shame that the fans from the early games don't move out of the prime seats to let the hometown fans sit there to cheer for their boys, but I guess that is just the way it is. And it still sucks!